IGNORED

Powerball: What would you do with $1.5 Billion

Gator Hazard
Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

13 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

OT @Patch same reasons as the rest.  I do like the ideas.  I know I could do a lot of good with that type of money and would do so.  

Golfers are too responsible apparently.  Where is @vangator at?  Something tells me he would know how to blow a large wad of cash in bad fashion while having a load of fun.

Here is one way to blow at least a million or five:  Take all the active members of TST in good standing with more than 500 posts on a 10 day golfing trip to Ireland and Scotland, with everyone getting a 10K allowance that they have to blow on things that cant be taken back home.  All hotel, travel and greens fees paid of course.  

Wait, I thought the OP was about how we would plan on spending the 35M "go crazy part"?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd buy Augusta National and then burn it to the ground. Just to see everybody's reaction. Crazy enough for you?

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

2 minutes ago, DeadMan said:

I'd buy Augusta National and then burn it to the ground. Just to see everybody's reaction. Crazy enough for you?

Thats better.  Not sure what Augusta would sell for, given the Masters it may be worth more than that.  I like your thinking though.  

8 minutes ago, Lihu said:

Wait, I thought the OP was about how we would plan on spending the 35M "go crazy part"?

It is, so what ways would you burn through that $35 million?

1 minute ago, Gator Hazard said:

Thats better.  Not sure what Augusta would sell for, given the Masters it may be worth more than that.  I like your thinking though.  

Yeah, I'm sure Augusta is in the never for sale price range, considering that even $700M would be dwarfed by the fortunes of some members.

In reality, I don't have anything crazy I would spend the money on. Unless I could somehow spend the money on making Michigan State and Ohio State bad at football again. Maybe I could pay their players and then turn whistleblower for the NCAA.

-- Daniel

10 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

I stated above for the person who against all odds to win, invite all the active fellow TST to a nice club to play golf. All expenses paid of course. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• Administrator

I'd live off the interest. I'd live well, off the interest.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

First thing I'd do is hire a lawyer and finance person, establish a corporation to receive the funds and not tell a single person I won.

Throughout the year I'd send gift checks to my family and friends anonymously as well as make charitable donations to charities I already support.

I'd set up two trust funds for my children that they wouldn't know about until they were 30 so the money did not distract them from achieving their own career goals.

The rest of the money would be used to act as an angel investor to help launch small businesses.

Joe Paradiso

14 minutes ago, Gator Hazard said:

Land value alone is 94 million dollars as valued on the Richmond Georgia Auditor's website :p 

Then you have to get past these People as members. 

Warren Buffett
Bill Gates
Roger Goodell

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

23 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Warren Buffett
Bill Gates
Roger Goodell

Let's play one of these is not like the other...

Using that money to publicly embarrass Goodell in some way would be good. Although I'm not sure that's possible.

-- Daniel

25 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

Land value alone is 94 million dollars as valued on the Richmond Georgia Auditor's website :p 

Then you have to get past these People as members. 

Warren Buffett
Bill Gates
Roger Goodell

That would pose a problem!  Haha

Just so happens there is a peice of ground adjacent to the club house at our local country club up for sale. The parcel is owned by the decendants of the people who originally owned all of the land that the country club was built on so it has no covenants and the housing authority has no say over it.  The possibilities are endless but my thoughts are to begin by bulldozing the house and moving in an 80's model mobile home complete with all of the amenities including custom faded paint and a pool(inflatable) in which I would float around all day in my arm chair floaty, beer in hand waving at each member as they pass by.  With the rest of the land I'd hire a carnival to set and um just stay.  I realize that wouldn't take $35million but the lawyers would get the rest.  And the parties... Oh the parties.

I'd pay off every debt that my family has; extended family, immediate, whatever. I'd buy back my old house and turn it into a golf academy, and give free/cheap golf lessons. I'd go into lower-income areas and sponsor small business and build low-income housing. 

I'd also set up a homeless foundation idea that I've had for a while, which involves a lot of shelters and psychological counseling and medical care. I'd buy a bunch of parking lots in Atlanta around Georgia State and turn them into cheap parking, because god knows I would've loved that when I went there, lol. I'd also establish a Bishop Family Fund, in which a large sum of money is put into a savings account that all members of my family can draw on to pay for things like college or medical care that wasn't covered by insurance, etc. I'd donate to organizations like Human Rights Campaihn and Planned Parenthood. 

There's a lot of things. The list goes on and on. 

For me, personally, I'd go back to college and get my MFA in Creative Writing and then my PhD. I'd purchase Grantland from ESPN, and restart that shit ASAP. Lastly (that I can think of right now), I'd buy my home golf course and make it to where my family could play for free forever. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

HU2dQSX.png

..and my own golf course. :-D

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Oh, okay. 5% of $700,000,000 is about 35 million dollars.

With 35 million dollars, I would go out and buy Carolina Motorsports Park, a racetrack, as well as a Pagani Zonda R. The Zonda R usually violates noise restrictions at nearly every racetrack in the world, but if you own the place... With the leftover 15 million or so I would purchase a disarmed fighter jet, since I conveniently found a set of listings HERE. I could race the Pagani against my fighter jet (takeoff, fly around track, land, stop) and see which wins.

Give it away to charities that can make the world a better place and keep just enough to pay off the mortgage and retire without changing my lifestyle. Too much money seems to change people in a bad way. What I don't need is... More stuff.

Dave

25 minutes ago, Dave325 said:

Give it away to charities that can make the world a better place and keep just enough to pay off the mortgage and retire without changing my lifestyle. Too much money seems to change people in a bad way. What I don't need is... More stuff.

I think you might have misread the OP in the same way I did.

I have not given the idea of winning the lottery much thought. So I really have no idea what I would do with the money.

My father played the CA lottery for 10+ years. Bought $5 (they were 1 dollar per number at the time) 2x a week. Then after 10 years he decided he would put $10 a week in his drawer at home. He told me after about 10 years that he had more in that drawer than he had ever won whilst playing the lottery. When he passed I first found this drawer full of $5 and then remembered his story.

Michael

1 hour ago, SavvySwede said:

HU2dQSX.png

..and my own golf course. :-D

I like the way that guy was thinking. How's about strippers meaning pole sized flagsticks at each hole. Closest to the pin gets a quick lap dance!  

Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!