IGNORED

True Linkswear Going Out of Business? No. Reorganizing.

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.truelinkswear.com

It doesn't look like they've got a 2016 line coming out. 

Their Facebook hasn't been updated since November. Their Twitter and Instagram accounts are pretty dormant too.

They're not scheduled to appear at the PGA Show. 

So the question is, is True Linkswear going out of business?

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I hope not.  They make the most comfortable golf shoe many of us have ever worn.  I have had some waterproof issues with them in the past, but other than that I loved their shoes.  This would be very sad to see.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Nooooooo

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Seems like the clues all point that way, but I sure hope not - I have worn True exclusively on the golf course (and mug of the time off) ever since I tried on my first pair of Protos s few years ago.  T'would be a big bummer.

Yeah doesn't look good. Hope the current ones I have last a while because I have no idea what else I would wear (Eccos?). Also there will probably be some good clearance deals.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator

I'll write to the company and see what I can find out. Has anyone tried calling them?

Booths at the PGA Show are ridiculously expensive. Honestly sometimes I wonder why any company that doesn't set up their entire year (i.e. actually make sales to head pros) even bother to attend.

The lack of updates to the social media pages is more troubling.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You'd think if they were coming out with the '16 model they would be advertising it soon. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

37 minutes ago, iacas said:

I'll write to the company and see what I can find out. Has anyone tried calling them?

Booths at the PGA Show are ridiculously expensive. Honestly sometimes I wonder why any company that doesn't set up their entire year (i.e. actually make sales to head pros) even bother to attend.

The lack of updates to the social media pages is more troubling.

Got the answering machine. I agree, the Twitter and FB silence is not good.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

That would really suck. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Sigh, time to stock up and hope something similar crops ups in the next 2-3 years. I often recommended them to the strangers I played with, sad to see them go.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

• Administrator

There's no confirmation that this is true. Let's at least wait until Monday or Tuesday before writing their epitaph.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, caniac6 said:

On another forum, someone posted that they are planning a new shoe called te "Element" in both spiked and spikeless. Just reporting what I have read.

How recent was it posted? All I could find was a brief mention at the end of this article http://goo.gl/KciYbR but it was posted on 8/29/2015.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Just a few days ago. This was posted by a forum member, not True. The member posted pictures, and said he got the info from True. This is on another forum, and it is just what I have read, and have no verification.

Here's the recent thread from Golfwrx. Mostly speculative as well.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

TRUE is listed on TGW as having the "Element" shoes:

http://www.tgw.com/golf-shoes/spiked-golf-shoes/true-linkswear-mens-true-elements-pro-golf-shoes

http://www.tgw.com/mens-golf-shoes/true-linkswear-mens-true-elements-hybrid-golf-shoes

Some photos:

569c381e78512_ScreenShot2016-01-17at7.55569c382125c3f_ScreenShot2016-01-17at7.55cfli-whitesilver.jpg.8a0ba25d2a4d229658fcfli-royalsilver.jpg.7cf7085b6dc6ed11d3b569c3825332dc_ScreenShot2016-01-17at7.55cfli-charcoalwhite.jpg.7f806d11ba4406322

The odd thing is, though… they are listed as being "on sale" ($20 off).

Just now, iacas said:

The odd thing is, though… they are listed as being "on sale" ($20 off).

That is strange. 

The shoes look good though. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

That is strange. 

The shoes look good though. 

Eh. I disagree. They don't look even close to waterproof (is that mesh?). The only ones I even like the look of are the grey/green spikeless ones.

Note: This thread is 2981 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!