IGNORED

anti slice golf balls!?!?

Note: This thread is 2946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 minutes ago, GolfClubbas said:

are there such things as anti slice golf balls? cause if there is i want some 

Polara makes balls that they market as anti-slice, but to answer your question ... no.  For a ball to actually be anti-slice, it would also have to be anti-physics.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Dimpleless golf balls won't slice.  They also won't go very far at all.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

48 minutes ago, GolfClubbas said:

If they make a legal golf ball I can slice it ;) 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator
1 hour ago, saevel25 said:

If they make a legal golf ball I can slice it ;) 

Not true. The dimple-less golf balls I have you cannot slice.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Erik,

Does that have something to do with the Magnus effect?  

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

15 hours ago, GolfClubbas said:

Polara golf balls won't slice if you tee them up properly with the dimples aligned correctly. Problem is you cannot align the ball correctly once you're off the tee without breaking the rules. But then again, people suffer the most slice-induced damage off the tee, I guess. 

Edit* otoh, you're already breaking the rules by using a Polara ball, so I guess you may as well realign the ball in the fairway. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

8 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

Erik,

Does that have something to do with the Magnus effect?  

Yes it does. No dimples = ball doesn't "grip" the air as well, so spin has less affect. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

The other problem is that many serial slicers are inconsistent with their start lines too, so it's going to be an (illegal) net wash.

I know guys who will pull slice, straight slice, and push slice at random.   They're going to trade the pull slices from finishing in the fairway for the straight slices finishing in the fairway.

I can slice and golf ball out there....problem with most if not all that slice is a crappy swing...work on the swing and maybe the slice will go away or not be as prominent...

Sounds like a nightmare to me almost as bad as hitting this club:-\

Try polara ultimate straight balls they have very shallow to almost non existent dimple design and just go very straight and kinda low.

No_Bananas_430cc.gif

pp.jpg

Edited by Mike Boatright

I can slice any ball that I have played with a bad enough swing.  At one time, Top-Flite (perhaps Strata?) offered a "Straight" ball with a teflon cover.  I did try them and they definitely kept some leaking right drives out of trouble on the right.

On 3/25/2016 at 8:47 PM, iacas said:

On 3/25/2016 at 10:18 AM, jamo said:

Yes it does. No dimples = ball doesn't "grip" the air as well, so spin has less affect. 

Exactly right! But, how far will they go? I once read an article where Nicklaus hit some dimple-less balls with a driver, and they went about 185! They fell out of the air like a dead duck. Do you want that game?

It's been known since the invention of the feathery ball that some sort of "structure" on the cover of the ball helped it to stay in the air. Caddies back then would have one edge of their belt buckles honed to a fine edge, so as to carve grooves in the leather covers of those balls. All to help their man along on the course.

It seems to me that a sliceless ball would also be a hookless ball would also be a shapeless ball, a distanceless ball, and an illegal ball, as others have referred to.

My suggestion to you slicers would be to go and learn to hit a big old hook! Once you do that, you won't be chopping across the ball from outside in. I don't care if you hook it off the planet! you can straighten that out gradually. You can't straighten out a slice!

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Exactly right! But, how far will they go? I once read an article where Nicklaus hit some dimple-less balls with a driver, and they went about 185! They fell out of the air like a dead duck. Do you want that game?

I don't believe 185. I'd believe 145.

As I said, I've hit them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2946 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!