IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2016

iacas
Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

6 hours ago, Lihu said:

20 degrees open shoulders at setup when not managing it. Wow, way off. My swing path is OTT once I corrected it because I am not yet comfortable with it.

Doing alignment setup with a mirror. Going to spend a day just standing in place in a setup position with the proper shoulder alignment.

I was not that far off, but it's nice hitting draws instead of fades from my driver again.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Putting a lil but mostly new backswing swing feeling i have always been steep for some reason the other day i tried just continuing the takeaway "feeling" and it keeps my right arm down a bit.  Etc 

Did something today I haven't done for a long time - took some DTL video.  I've been working so much with face on video I was worried I might be getting off track by only looking at the one angle.

I am pretty pleased, though.  I think my improvements are legit.  Looks better face-on, looks better DTL.  I hit about 20 shots - no biggie today.  My brain wasn't into it. 

I booked another lesson but I'm not sure why, lol.  I usually only book lessons when I'm stuck or wanting to know the next thing to work on.  I guess I just want to talk more about my golf swing so I gotta pay someone to listen, lol. 

Rain in the afternoon brought with it cold and wind in the evening, so all I could manage to do today was work on my takeaway in the living room. Bad things happen when I try to rush the backswing, so I'm trying to memorize what that easy tempo feels like.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

Spend 20 mins running through my putting drills on an indoor green. Working on alignment with the floor mirror and setting the ball off on line. Slowly starting to feel I am turning the putting corner. 

Hi, My name is Matt.

Got in a few minutes doing half swings at my net early morning. Everything is clean from the heavy rains. I need to be more careful to make sure they are really "half a swing" rather than just any swing that starts parallel. I think that's where my bad habits came in recently. In any case, I've taken safeguards against the open stance by aligning every shot.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

20 minutes this morning working with one alignment rod along my toe line and second one set at about 30* outwards to help groove an inside approach. Video says it's helping. 

:-)

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

15 minutes mirror work before my workout. Focused on exaggerating the club head behind behind the hands at A6 while turning my hips more. I've been working on this drill for a couple of weeks now.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Had a good practice session - hit about 50 9irons.  I started out with my "reverse golf swing drill". . .which actually should be called "reverse downswing drill" . .but, anyway.  I worked with that a bunch to get the feel of my right arm dropping onto my ribcage to set the backswing in motion. 

Then I took a bunch of full swings using my real backswing, letting the club drop into position and then swinging down with force. 

Pretty decent.  I have some work to do on getting the drop right but I'm able to get back to my new, improved, semi-decent impact position from a full, more dynamic swing. 

What I'm noticing now as my path, clubface and angles improve into impact . .my coil, pivot and weight-shift are shameful, lol.  There actually is no "coil" in my real, full swing.  I'm going over my left foot in my follow through.  I'm sliding, not turning with my hips.  All that good stuff.   Which is not to say there isn't improvement in all areas, there certainly is . .but as one thing improves, something else becomes "the next big problem", lol. 

Mirror work only. Reviewed 5SK Diagonal Sweetspot Path videos to see if there's other ideas that I've missed or forgotten on that key I'm working on.  Slow motion work only in mirror validating A4, A5, A6, A7. Stopped at each spot, then did slow continuous motion, trying to feel the club laying down behind me from A4

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

• Administrator

Ten minutes mapping the transition and a few keeping an eye on my head. I want it to feel as though it moves back four inches during the backswing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Slow mo My tee shot drill for 30 minutes and 10 minutes chipping inside using net. Then out to range and hit 65 balls slow mo My tee shot drill and 20 chipping. Some small success with a couple nice drawing ball flights. Most shots going right and fading further right. Will make some adjustments in slow mo net drills and take to next range session.

Under construction, signature and game.

Been putting in my hotel room today. Focusing on tempo and lagging putts close to my target.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

Practiced putting a lil then hit 7 irons in the net. Trying to feel a lil more natural at setup, for instance my left foot wants to be straight if hanging from pelvic socket while my right wants to flair to the right. My hands tend to favor left hand a lol stronger than I play with my right a lil weaker.  This setup / grip and hit 7 irons into the net.  

Reviewed Chap. 1 The Grip in Hogan's "Five Lessons."

I'm right-handed. I practiced gripping an iron properly. On right hand, I tend to bear down too much with index finger and thumb. They need to be resting on the shaft, not pinching it.

I would have gotten this index-thumb thing correct on a multiple-choice test, but I don't quite put it into practice.

Tried to get the feel of proper pressure while taking slow swings.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

5/6/15:

Alina, Cookie Monster and I had a putting contest today. And of course Alina won... Because she's a prodigy... Lol..

But I was working on my distance control, feel, and read bead and speed with my Pink Cure RX2.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

4 hours ago, WUTiger said:

Reviewed Chap. 1 The Grip in Hogan's "Five Lessons."

I'm right-handed. I practiced gripping an iron properly. On right hand, I tend to bear down too much with index finger and thumb. They need to be resting on the shaft, not pinching it.

I would have gotten this index-thumb thing correct on a multiple-choice test, but I don't quite put it into practice.

Tried to get the feel of proper pressure while taking slow swings.

I went into work early, went to the gym after work, then ran three miles for cardio after that. Once I came home, checking my grip was all I could manage. Pretty much the same routine as @WUTiger posted.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

23 hours ago, Lihu said:

Got in a few minutes doing half swings at my net early morning. Everything is clean from the heavy rains. I need to be more careful to make sure they are really "half a swing" rather than just any swing that starts parallel. I think that's where my bad habits came in recently. In any case, I've taken safeguards against the open stance by aligning every shot.

Aligned half swings.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 2893 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!