Jump to content
IGNORED

Vice Golf Balls - Anyone Tried them?


Recommended Posts

Has anyone tried the Vice line of golf balls?  They look very intriguing to me, I just wanted to see if anyone on here has tried them or even use them regularly.  I currently switch around golf balls pretty often depending on what people give me as gifts and also what I just impulsively buy at Golfsmith.  I've bounced from the Taylormade Burner, to ProV1s, to ProV1xs, to NXTs, and Nike RZNs lately.  I really want to try and settle on a consistent ball to hopefully get more consistent results out of my game. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Never heard of the "Vice Ball" until now. 

Myself, I am a big fan of Bridgestone, and/or Volvik golf balls. These are my first choice, as they deliver what I want. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

27 minutes ago, tigerrag said:

Has anyone tried the Vice line of golf balls?  They look very intriguing to me, I just wanted to see if anyone on here has tried them or even use them regularly.  I currently switch around golf balls pretty often depending on what people give me as gifts and also what I just impulsively buy at Golfsmith.  I've bounced from the Taylormade Burner, to ProV1s, to ProV1xs, to NXTs, and Nike RZNs lately.  I really want to try and settle on a consistent ball to hopefully get more consistent results out of my game. 

@SavvySwede I believe plays these balls.  The 4 piece Vice Pro Plus, for me, might be worth a try.   

  • Upvote 1

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • Moderator

I haven't, but I might have to get some Pro Flamingos to try out now.

  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A friend of mine at my club just ordered 5 dozen of these. Im going to get one and give it a try on Sunday. Ill let you know what I think.

  • Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Epic Sub Zero 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Do they call them Vice because it is a downright crime to hit them? Or maybe, because they are stealing your money when the sell them to you?

I've seen adds in the golf mags for them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Do they call them Vice because it is a downright crime to hit them? Or maybe, because they are stealing your money when the sell them to you?

I've seen adds in the golf mags for them.

Based on what I have read, $15 a dozen for a "tour" ball doesnt seem like them stealing your money.

 

Can you believe people actually pay for noodle golf balls? Same thing. If its crap Ill go back to the ProV and Chrome Soft. If its decent it makes for a good casual round ball.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Epic Sub Zero 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

9 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

Based on what I have read, $15 a dozen for a "tour" ball doesnt seem like them stealing your money.

 

Can you believe people actually pay for noodle golf balls? Same thing. If its crap Ill go back to the ProV and Chrome Soft. If its decent it makes for a good casual round ball.

Just trying to make a joke. Vice (like Miami Vice) seems like a funny name for a golf ball.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

8 hours ago, tigerrag said:

Has anyone tried the Vice line of golf balls?  

They are German made balls and from what I see have received some favorable reviews

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My buddy gave me a sleeve of their "shooter pro" version which is a 3 piece ball made for mid to high swing speed players. My driver swing speed is 112 so I think I qualify for this ball. 

First impression is they are gimmicky and a bit busy with logos and whatnot. They feel like a premium ball off the putter face...so we shall see how they perform on Sunday from tee to green.image.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Epic Sub Zero 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, kpaulhus said:

My buddy gave me a sleeve of their "shooter pro" version which is a 3 piece ball made for mid to high swing speed players. My driver swing speed is 112 so I think I qualify for this ball. 

First impression is they are gimmicky and a bit busy with logos and whatnot. They feel like a premium ball off the putter face...so we shall see how they perform on Sunday from tee to green.

Going by the website I think the only difference between the Vice Pro and the Pro Shooter is the graphics. Well, that and it's ability to double as a basketball in a pinch.
Firefox_Screenshot_2016-05-28T01-23-22.3

  • Upvote 1

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

So after one round, I think the Vice Shooter Pro is a great golf ball. I can back up a pitching wedge a few feet, it checks on low chips, it goes as far if not further than a Prov1X. For $15 a dozen (when ordering 5+ dozen) I think its a hell of a steal for a good golf ball.

I actually think it is more durable than the ProV as well. The cover wasn't cut from my wedges and I played with the same ball all round. Only scuff mark was from hitting a cart path. I will more than likely switch to this golf ball once I run out of my ProV1X I got during the Titleist Loyalty program this year. Overall I was pretty impressed.  

  • Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Epic Sub Zero 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I am playing the 3-piece Pro Neon balls. 

These fly farther than my usual 2-piece "soft" ball choices. I don't think they spin/stick as much as the ChromeSoft or ProV. 

If you order 5 dozen, then the price per dozen drops to 24.95. Compared to other tour ball options, it's a good deal. However, I question durability after landing on a rocky cart path the other day and discovering a little chunk of ball missing. Like peeling a hard-boiled egg - a little shell and a little meat. Never seen that before.

It's a cool product. Targets a younger market niche. And, when's the last time you bought something from Munich?

 

Gambling is illegal at Bushwood sir, and I never slice.   

           

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 3:14 PM, kpaulhus said:

So after one round, I think the Vice Shooter Pro is a great golf ball. I can back up a pitching wedge a few feet, it checks on low chips, it goes as far if not further than a Prov1X. For $15 a dozen (when ordering 5+ dozen) I think its a hell of a steal for a good golf ball.

I actually think it is more durable than the ProV as well. The cover wasn't cut from my wedges and I played with the same ball all round. Only scuff mark was from hitting a cart path. I will more than likely switch to this golf ball once I run out of my ProV1X I got during the Titleist Loyalty program this year. Overall I was pretty impressed.  

Thanks for the review.  I reckon I will order a dozen (or maybe their "sampler" pack) to try them out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Moderator

Got my Father's Day present early because I'm going to play tomorrow morning: 5 dozen Pro Flamingos. They are very pink. And sparkly!20160617_182942.jpg

I doubt if anyone wants to pick up my golf ball on the course now. B-)

  • Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Been playing these balls since around January this year. 

 

Amazing ball.

 

I initially went with the 'Tour' version to see what the fuss was about and it was the best surlyn ball i've ever played. I then upgraded to the 'Pro' model and again, amazing ball. Will never use another ball.

 

Check out the golf labs testing on these balls as they outperform Pro V1.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


14 hours ago, MizunoPez said:

Been playing these balls since around January this year. 

 

Amazing ball.

 

I initially went with the 'Tour' version to see what the fuss was about and it was the best surlyn ball i've ever played. I then upgraded to the 'Pro' model and again, amazing ball. Will never use another ball.

 

Check out the golf labs testing on these balls as they outperform Pro V1.

Finally was able to play some this weekend, as my girlfriend got me a dozen of the Tour and Pro models.

 

Long story short, made a double eagle (first one in my life) from 235 out (3 iron).  It was a pretty incredible experience.  Not that the ball completely made it happen, but lets just say there are now good vibes in my head when it comes to Vice golf balls.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

  • iacas changed the title to Vice Golf Balls - Anyone Tried them?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...