IGNORED

2016 Memorial Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2016 Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide will be played at Muirfield Village Golf Club a.k.a. “Jack’s Place,” in Dublin, Ohio. The course, designed by Jack Nicklaus, will play as a par-72 measuring 7,392 yards for the event.

The field this week is headlined by all five of the top-five players in the Official World Golf Rankings, which consists of Jason Day (No. 1), Jordan Spieth (No. 2), Rory McIlroy (No. 3), Bubba Watson (No. 4) and Rickie Fowler (No. 5).

Last year, David Lingmerth defeated Justin Rose on the third playoff hole to capture his first PGA Tour victory.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I hope to have the time to post some pictures later tonight.

I come mostly these days to hang out with a few instructor buddies, but I take a few pictures while I'm here, too. :-)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

YEAH!!!! Can't wait for the next two weeks. This is gonna be hot!

I don't know if anyone viewed the broadcast "Nicklaus' Masterpiece" that aired before the final round of the Colonial, or whatever the hell it's called now. I learned something I did not know. Jason Day is a resident of Muirfield Village and a member of the club. He's playing his home course. Place your bets!

Day is favourite at 6/1,Speef and Mcilroy at 7/1, Kuchar and Matsuyama 14/1.

Maybe some decent outside bets,Justin Thomas 50/1,Tony Finau 80/1,last years winner David Lingmerth 80/1,Russel Knox 60/1

I'd love to play this course just to say I've played at Jack's place.

Anyone know how much for a round there??

6 hours ago, Scotsclaff said:

Day is favourite at 6/1,Speef and Mcilroy at 7/1, Kuchar and Matsuyama 14/1.

Maybe some decent outside bets,Justin Thomas 50/1,Tony Finau 80/1,last years winner David Lingmerth 80/1,Russel Knox 60/1

I'd love to play this course just to say I've played at Jack's place.

Anyone know how much for a round there??

Why is Day the favorite?  I know it's his home course but in 8 starts there he hasn't finished in the top 10.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/ryan-reiterman/day-motivated-hold-spieth-mcilroy-no-1/

It sounds like he has a different game plan; maybe that will be the difference this year.

"No man goes round boasting of his vices,” he said, “except golfers." 

-- Det. Elk in The Twister by Edgar Wallace

48 minutes ago, krupa said:

Why is Day the favorite?  I know it's his home course but in 8 starts there he hasn't finished in the top 10.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/ryan-reiterman/day-motivated-hold-spieth-mcilroy-no-1/

It sounds like he has a different game plan; maybe that will be the difference this year.

Doesn't he have 7 wins in 17 starts? He'd probably be the favorite no matter where the tournament is.

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

I'm here if anyone else wants to meet up.

• Upvote 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Day coming off a win.
Spieth coming off a win.
McIlory coming off a win.

So that means a first time PGA winner will take this thing.

• Upvote 1

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

• Administrator

Big changes this year. The purse, exemption length, and entire status of the event has been bumped up a bunch.

3 hours ago, pumaAttack said:

Day coming off a win.
Spieth coming off a win.
McIlory coming off a win.

So that means a first time PGA winner will take this thing.

Kevin Chappell is overdue

25 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Kevin Chappell is overdue

I wouldn't mind seeing him grab a victory.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

This is weird, Graham DeLaet WDing because of short game anxiety? 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

4 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

At least Tiger toughed it out when he was blading wedges across the green :-D

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

20 minutes ago, saevel25 said:

At least Tiger toughed it out when he was blading wedges across the green :-D

LOL, both of these guys had back surgery. Coincidence?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nevets88 said:

We just talked about that at dinner. Good for him. He'll fix it.

Note: This thread is 2875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!