IGNORED

Kaepernick Sits for National Anthem

14ledo81
Note: This thread is 1875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 8/29/2016 at 1:29 AM, 14ledo81 said:

Curious what everybody thinks of this.

I support his right to do so.  

A couple of things though. 

1) Could he have picked a better way to voice his point that is not a slap in the face to all those that have served and/or died for the flag?

2) If he can't support the US of A, maybe he should become a citizen of a different country?

Yes, God save the queen !!

In my bag (Motocaddy Light)

Taylormade Burner driver, Taylormade 4 wood, 3 x Ping Karsten Hybrids, 6-SW Ping Karsten irons with reg flex graphite shafts. Odyssey putter, 20 Bridgestone e6 balls, 2 water balls for the 5th hole, loads of tees, 2 golf gloves, a couple of hand warmers, cleaning towel, 5 ball markers, 2 pitch mark repairers, some aspirin, 3 hats, set of waterproofs, an umbrella, a pair of gaiters, 2 pairs of glasses. Christ, it's amazing I can pick the bloody thing up !!

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, krupa said:

Thanks.  I hadn't considered that side of it.  When I was in school, it was just "something you did" and we never (that I can remember) talked about why we did it.

Yeah, I personally wouldn't protest that way either.

I think this is the main point in this ordeal.  We all have different meanings for what the flag/national anthem stands for.  Some think it represents the values America holds and others think it represents what others have sacrificed to give us our freedoms (I'm sure there are others too).  I don't think anybody here is arguing that America does not have problems, although we will all somewhat disagree on those problems, obviously.  It seems like most here think the flag and national anthem represent the sacrifices made and that's why we don't like what he did.  

10 minutes ago, Patch said:

I am beginning to think all Kaepernick did was replace Lochte in the publicity area of public opinion. 

I just saw that Lochte is going onto Dancing With the Stars... He craves media attention I guess.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

28 minutes ago, phillyk said:

I think this is the main point in this ordeal.  We all have different meanings for what the flag/national anthem stands for.  Some think it represents the values America holds and others think it represents what others have sacrificed to give us our freedoms (I'm sure there are others too).  I don't think anybody here is arguing that America does not have problems, although we will all somewhat disagree on those problems, obviously.  It seems like most here think the flag and national anthem represent the sacrifices made and that's why we don't like what he did.  

I just saw that Lochte is going onto Dancing With the Stars... He craves media attention I guess.

I don't watch that show either.:whistle: Then again, what ever gets you a pay check.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

39 minutes ago, phillyk said:

Don't think he did it because he craves attention, rather as an image-rehab play.  It'll work too, provided he's polite, respectful, self-deprecating, and has a little talent.    

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

kaep brady.jpg

:-D  

Even though I am a Pat's fan this is pretty funny.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Haha, that's actually the funny part about this. You've got guys convicted of sexual assaults, drunk driving, and who-knows-what-else...in a league where billionaires trick and strong-arm cities into buying them new stadiums...

...and the guy everyone hates is the guy who didn't stand for the national anthem.

- John

I wonder if he knows there's an American Flag on his helmet.  He might want to play with out it. :banana:

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 8/29/2016 at 6:52 PM, newtogolf said:

Why isn't Kaepernick protesting black on black violent crime, lack of responsible male parents in inner city families, gang participation and lack of emphasis on education in inner cities.  

The police are a small part of a much larger problem that no one seems to want to address so they just point their finger at the police.  

Well said!

For instance, why was he given up for adoption? White Mother, black Father. He's twisting in the wind. Why? Is it because black daddy doesn't want to stick around to fulfill his responsibilities? Or was it white Mom's fault? We need more info. Although we know what Mom has said.

Kaepernick is worried about the cops, maybe he'd better worry more about black thugs like those who gunned down Dwyane Wade's cousin in Chicago. Two felons on parole, one wearing an ankle bracelet that had been turned off so he could "look for work"! What a hoot!

And isn't it amazing how quickly that story has faded while we're still hearing about Ferguson, Missouri?! Agendized reporting anyone?

Kaepernick may have genuine concerns along these lines, but his method and manner of displaying them are seriously flawed. I'm thinking he's not the sharpest tool in the shed!

Love Kaeps new sock choice (Sarcasm).  I'm sure that will get him lots of admiration.  Apparently he wants to be out of football.  Now he has supposedly been doing this for a couple of weeks and no one said anything, but now with his patriotic sit down (more sarcasm), his whole life is now open to dissection.  

kaepernick-socks-cops-08-31-16.png

I thought he was an idiot before.  Going to protest himself out of the league.

DoubleFacePalm.jpg

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

This is classic damage control / PR.  He's about to get benched or cut by the 49'ers and he'll use this as the excuse for why and become a martyr for BLM.  

Joe Paradiso

1 hour ago, newtogolf said:

This is classic damage control / PR.  He's about to get benched or cut by the 49'ers and he'll use this as the excuse for why and become a martyr for BLM.  

I don't believe that, not considering the NFL is is predominantly black (NFL Census Data).  It's hard to make an argument that you didn't make it in the league because you are black.  Even if the 49ers cut him he'll find work somewhere and I doubt it'll take long, so I'm not sure how he'd possibly become a matyr.  Also the NFL has a track record of not taking any drastic action on these kind of protests (Rams players after Ferguson).

His views may be magnified if he believes he is getting benched due to his skin color (as Gabbert is white), but even that is purely conjecture.  I truly believe he thinks he is making a difference, or at least he thinks hes is attempting to make a difference.

Edited by baller7345

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

This whole thing seems like a non issue blown way out of proportion. He used his 1st amendment right voicing his thoughts that the US has issues which to me is no different than what Trump is doing, which is fine, that is their opinion. People need to stop being so sensitive when people disagree with them.

5 hours ago, JxQx said:

This whole thing seems like a non issue blown way out of proportion. He used his 1st amendment right voicing his thoughts that the US has issues which to me is no different than what Trump is doing, which is fine, that is their opinion. People need to stop being so sensitive when people disagree with them.

The government isn't punishing him for exercising his first amendment rights, so it really has nothing to do with that. People are just expressing how they feel about what he did. What's the big deal with that?

6 hours ago, drmevo said:

Yeah, that's way over the line and makes him a jackass IMO. It's immature and doesn't help his cause at all.

Agreed.

I think he quite possible alienated many people that were/would have been sympathetic toward his cause.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

2 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

Agreed.

I think he quite possible alienated many people that were/would have been sympathetic toward his cause.

Very much doubt that.  Its just more fuel for those who already think he's being a jerk.  You know ... that whole "agree with everything or leave the country" crowd. ;-)

It isn't like he skipped the Academy awards, or didn't go pick up his Nobel prize.  Either of those snubs would likely be a one-off.  Is the plan to continue?  If so...isn't it reasonable to expect the public to get really tired of hearing about it and tune out the very message he is trying to promote?  I think it likely that the messenger, rather than the medium, is going to wind up being the message.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Note: This thread is 1875 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!