IGNORED

GolfNow Sucks!!!

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Golfnow was such a great find. Their tee times were about 5 bucks less than walk up and I could book as a single. Add in the rewards and its Eureka!!! Til lately. Now, Golfnow sucks and pisses me off!!! Less available tee times, Ive paid MORE than the walk up rate twice as of late, and now, for the second week in a row, a hot deal for one is really a hot deal for two and theres an error booking it!! NBC and Golfnow suck!!! I think Im done with you both!!! BOYCOTT golfnow!! :mad:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Agreed - I stopped using it a year or so ago

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

You guys will find this thread interesting then:

Possibly I could merge your comments with that thread, but perhaps you are discussing a more recent downturn in their services?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

7 hours ago, stealthhwk said:

Golfnow was such a great find. Their tee times were about 5 bucks less than walk up and I could book as a single. Add in the rewards and its Eureka!!! Til lately. Now, Golfnow sucks and pisses me off!!! Less available tee times, Ive paid MORE than the walk up rate twice as of late, and now, for the second week in a row, a hot deal for one is really a hot deal for two and theres an error booking it!! NBC and Golfnow suck!!! I think Im done with you both!!! BOYCOTT golfnow!! :mad:

Thanks for the warning. I use it a lot when I'm looking for some place new. I'll be more careful on rate comparison next time.

I also use Golfzing which has much lower fees, but has many less courses.

I've noticed some of the locals (Oceanside Muni is one) putting up their own website.  Maybe if you know where you are going to play,  

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

It isn't new that Golfnow's prices sometimes are as high or higher than walk up prices.    As always, buyer beware.   When I use it, I always use the hot deals and play for around $10 / $15.   I have went as far as to call the course and ask their prices before booking with Golfnow.   

• Upvote 1

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Just now, Groucho Valentine said:

Im not surprised. Golfnow got too popular. I stopped using it years ago. 

Wasn't that a Yogi Berra quote? "nobody goes to that restaurant anymore- it's too crowded."

• Upvote 2

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

The main reason I no longer use it is because they only have about 3-4 courses near me available to book, it used to be between 10-20.

I normally only use it when on vacation and generally don't have problems. However, the number of local courses on Golfnow seems to have decreased quite a bit lately. None of the area's nicer public courses are on it any more. 

I checked today.   There is a course by me that has customer appreciation this week and only the cost of the cart to play, $16.    Golfnow hotdeal is $20 plus the $3.49!   It pays to do your homework.

Another course near me is priced about $4 cheaper than Golfnow.   That's not much of a deal.   

Edited by dennyjones

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

No issues here with golfnow - I only use it for hotdeals and to check which courses are least busy.  always check the course directly though before paying a booking site.

and especially in the fall where I'm at, the course might have fall and twilight rates that aren't on the website - have to call to be sure

Bill - 

Good timing on this thread. I tried to make a tee time on Tuesday for Saturday. I looked on the site and there were very few listings. I thought that was unusual as we are not really into season. Then my friend scored a time that he found by booking directly with the course. It appears that they are losing market share on prime tee times. 

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I tried it out and got one good deal but like the OP states, not many local choices on it.

It's fall in NE so I am looking at the courses websites for the fall deals.

One local place that's about $70 for a weekend round does $20 in the fall.  Love that price!!!

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

• 4 years later...

Golfnow does suck.

I booked a time and after my card was charged, they inform me five greens are closed, under construction.

And they are going to charge us $10 to park.

I am going to dispute the charge on my card. We should all do this and maybe Golfnow will take notice. Now they are raking in the money and don't care about customer non-service which now closes down in the middle of the day.

• iacas changed the title to GolfNow Sucks!!!
Note: This thread is 1090 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!