Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
GolferPGA

Pretending to be a Tour Player

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

176 posts / 13898 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle..

Did he send you a pic from Vegas?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1 hour ago, natureboy said:

I would suspect that the reference to the high school was an indication that the site mods had traced the IP address from where the account originated.

That very well could be. Strange though some of the PM's we exchanged were close to 10pm at night.

53 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Did he send you a pic from Vegas?

Did I ask him to? NO, I simply wished him good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country.  

I'm IT illiterate so I don't doubt you...but I think the proof is in the pudding...the OP has made no attempt at all to authenticate himself, despite several requests including one from a site moderator.  I would think any stand-up guy would understand the site's need for that and would happily comply.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

31 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country.  

That would be possible, but that wouldn't show an IP for a HS one time then just the city the next. Either way, in order to have a VPN connect him to the HS he would have to be on the staff there regardless, which would make that not the tour pro in question.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle.

Do you also respond to emails from Nigerian princes?  :-P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Do you also respond to emails from Nigerian princes?  :-P

No just Russian women that want to come to the states.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Natural Patrick said:

No just Russian women that want to come to the states.

Wait...that's not legit?!?

<cancels credit card>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera.  I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I'm IT illiterate so I don't doubt you...but I think the proof is in the pudding...the OP has made no attempt at all to authenticate himself, despite several requests including one from a site moderator.  I would think any stand-up guy would understand the site's need for that and would happily comply.

OR....be of the mindset to think "Look guys, I thought I was doing you all a favor, and now to doubt me....well...heck with you, I don't need this".  Just sayin.....   (I really could care less either way).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

46 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera.  I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

I repeat: huh?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

6 hours ago, mdl said:

Huh.  I just assumed, especially after Erik asked a question, that this was an "official" TST AMA, set up by Erik or one of the the other site runners/moderators...

Nope. We gave the imposter the benefit of the doubt for awhile.

5 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

After several PM's with GolferPGA. I would be very surprised if this is not Kyle..

It's not.

4 hours ago, newtogolf said:

It is possible he does all of his communications through a VPN which would show the same IP address no matter where he is in the country.  

They weren't all through the same IP. His email address doesn't make any sense, either.

3 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

That very well could be. Strange though some of the PM's we exchanged were close to 10pm at night.

Yes, when he was at home.

3 hours ago, woodzie264 said:

I'm IT illiterate so I don't doubt you...but I think the proof is in the pudding...the OP has made no attempt at all to authenticate himself, despite several requests including one from a site moderator.  I would think any stand-up guy would understand the site's need for that and would happily comply.

Yup. If you're going to do an AMA, you know the rules. People don't even get past the first post without posting their "proof."

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ngfwy/hi_reddit_tom_hanks_here_ask_me_anything/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/z1c9z/i_am_barack_obama_president_of_the_united_states/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/334wcy/i_am_gordon_ramsay_ama/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/4apj5f/im_apple_cofounder_steve_wozniak_ask_me_anything/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3hq15d/i_am_actor_patrick_stewart_of_yorkshire_xmen_star/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1uqlmf/i_am_sir_david_attenborough_im_on_reddit_ama/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/18bhme/im_bill_gates_cochair_of_the_bill_melinda_gates/
https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2rgsan/i_am_elon_musk_ceocto_of_a_rocket_company_ama/

1 hour ago, Hacker James said:

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera.  I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

Yeah, too bad… 


Guys, this is a pretty open-and-shut case, and try all you want, but nothing in this reflects poorly on me or the other moderators. We urged people to give the benefit of the doubt, but when all doubt was removed…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 hours ago, Hacker James said:

OR....be of the mindset to think "Look guys, I thought I was doing you all a favor, and now to doubt me....well...heck with you, I don't need this".  Just sayin.....   (I really could care less either way).

In the social media world it's a pretty standard thing to have to verify yourself, as @iacas illustrated. If he has the time to make a bunch of posts on here he has 5 seconds to retweet something from TST.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 hours ago, Hacker James said:

Well, you may recall a few posts back in the thread that I informed the OP that was I staying at Ballys and invited him to meet me for a drink? Too bad I did not have a camera.  I did however, get to ride the High Roller at LINQ

to answer your question. I did NOT meet anybody. I was being sarcastic in referring to a previous post that someone should have photographic proof. A couple took me literally. Completely my fault, my humour is not always apparent. I would not have expected that anyone would meet me under these set of circumstances.  Had I a camera, I would have liked to take a photo from the top of High Roller.

27 minutes ago, mvmac said:

In the social media world it's a pretty standard thing to have to verify yourself, as @iacas illustrated. If he has the time to make a bunch of posts on here he has 5 seconds to retweet something from TST.

that makes sense. I do not know whether a retweet would prove anything though, then again, I am not familiar with twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, Natural Patrick said:

That very well could be. Strange though some of the PM's we exchanged were close to 10pm at night.

Did I ask him to? NO, I simply wished him good luck.

The mail server used to set up the account based at the school. After that, anywhere you have internet you can access the site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Hacker James said:

that makes sense. I do not know whether a retweet would prove anything though, then again, I am not familiar with twitter.

Only Kyle Reifers or someone with his log-in info could retweet from his account. The Twitter account is actually Reifers because it's verified (blue check thingy).

https://twitter.com/KyleReifersPGA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

12 minutes ago, natureboy said:

The mail server used to set up the account based at the school. After that, anywhere you have internet you can access the site.

Huh? No.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 1076 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...