IGNORED

TST 2017 Fantasy Golf

gogolfing
Note:Β This thread is 2312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

19 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

By rotated in and out, do you mean we can move guys from the bench to a starting role after any round?

Correct, but you are limited to only so many starts per player in the season. It's 10 if I recall. Each time you put them in, you use up a start.

• Upvote 1

- Shane

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

18 minutes ago, Kalnoky said:

By rotated in and out, do you mean we can move guys from the bench to a starting role after any round?

@KalnokyΒ you can sub in from your bench, but if you do, you burn one of your starts for that player. Happens sometime when you might put a guy in just for the last round to try and get some of the bonus points of a Top 3 finish.

Once you have had a start for a tournament though, a maximum one start is burned. For example, if you had a player in round one, subbed him out, then put him back in round 4, it would only burn one start for that player.Β 

• Upvote 1

Ping G 410 10.5 ˚ Driver Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 14.5˚ 3 Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
Ping G 410 19˚ Ping Tour Stiff Shaft
i 500 irons 4-UW 1/2 inch over, blueΒ dot, NS Pro Modus 105 Stiff Shafts
Ping Stealth Wedges Wedges  54˚ 58˚

Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 34"Β 

I don't really understand how the points work, but hey, **** it! Choose some golfers and roll the dice!

Yours in earnest,Β Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, Ernest Jones said:

I don't really understand how the points work, but hey, **** it! Choose some golfers and roll the dice!

That's pretty much how I went about it my first year. The only time I would switch out a player during a round is if they missed the cut.

...and sometimes I forgot to do that.

- Shane

2 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

If a player is low man for the round, he receives 20 points.....if a guy is a shot back, they would get 2 points less, so 18, 2 shots back, 16 points and so on. That's why if a guy goes super low, some of the points for everyone else are minimal.Β 

The tournament winner gets an additional 20 bonus points, 2nd place, 10 points, and 3rd 5 points.Β 

Just now, gogolfing said:

If a player is low man for the round, he receives 20 points.....if a guy is a shot back, they would get 2 points less, so 18, 2 shots back, 16 points and so on. That's why if a guy goes super low, some of the points for everyone else are minimal.Β 

The tournament winner gets an additional 20 bonus points, 2nd place, 10 points, and 3rd 5 points.Β 

So a wire-to-wire win would be 100 points? 20 for each lowest round and 20 for the win?

Β 

My Whackin' Sticks:Β :cleveland:Β 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5* Β :tmade:Β RBZ HL 3wΒ Β :nickent:Β 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H Β :callaway:Β X-22 5-AW Β :nike:SV tour 56* SWΒ :mizuno:Β MP-T11 60* LWΒ :bridgestone:Β customized TD-03 putterΒ :tmade:Penta TP3 Β Β :aimpoint:

1 minute ago, Ernest Jones said:

So a wire-to-wire win would be 100 points? 20 for each lowest round and 20 for the win?

Β 

Only 100 points if they were low man each round.

Points not based on standing for each round, but score for each round.

So a guy could go wire to wire, but not be 100 points. For example, if heΒ shot -8 in round one, and was low man, 20 points for the round. Then in round two, shot -4, but someone else shot -6, heΒ would get 16 points, but would likely still be first in the tournament....an so on.Β 

That help or confuse things more?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ernest Jones said:

A guy might go really low on the first day and lead at the end of every day, without actually being the low score each day. Β However, you're right, the max score for a single player is 100 points. Β And @gogolfing beat me with a more complete explanation.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

1 minute ago, gogolfing said:

Only 100 points if they were low man each round.

Points not based on standing for each round, but score for each round.

So a guy could go wire to wire, but not be 100 points. For example, if heΒ shot -8 in round one, and was low man, 20 points for the round. Then in round two, shot -4, but someone else shot -6, heΒ would get 16 points, but would likely still be first in the tournament....an so on.Β 

That help or confuse things more?

Sorry, I miss-used the term wire to wire. I meant lowest round all four days.Β 

I get it, thanks.

1 minute ago, gogolfing said:

Ah. The secret is out. My guys were about to release that on Wikileaks.Β 

- Shane

Just now, CarlSpackler said:

Ah. The secret is out. My guys were about to release that on Wikileaks.Β 

Just a tease @CarlSpacklerΒ for all of my secrets, your boys will need to water board, as it is all upstairs.Β 

For new guys, there are other things to consider with a tournamentΒ like this week where there is no cut. Sometimes I take a chance on a guy because I know they will be there all 4 rounds, in an attempt to manage my 10 starts for a top player. As well, over the first few weeks, see who is ranked in the A, B and C groups, as it will help with strategy around managing starts. Last year, the A group was lite many weeks, and I burned Patrick Read starts quite quickly as he played a lot early, and then I could use other guys whose schedules were heavier through spring and summer.Β 

That is one things that going through a season or two help with as you see trends etc with guys and tournaments that help out. I can't seem to remember what I had for dinner yesterday, but for some reason can remember guys who play well at certain events. Quite honestly, I usually set my lineup then have a look at the Expert Picks, which often bites me in the ass as I would usually be better off going with my initial picks.Β 

• Upvote 1

Starters and the bench has been picked, ready to go.

Nice that they start the year with a no-cut event, preventing me from being peeved off when I can't field a full roster for the weekend.

Players play, tough players win!

How the flip is Jordan a B player but Vaughn Taylor is an A?? Β Am I missing something?

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

1 minute ago, Gunther said:

How the flip is Jordan a B player but Vaughn Taylor is an A?? Β Am I missing something?

Players stay in the same category all year, and they are not based on World Ranking. As you go through the 3 groups, you'll see some go to guys in each category. Yahoo has always done their groups this way, and it seems to help with roster management in terms of the maximum starts.

• Upvote 1

I'm in!! Β Haven't done this type of format before so I'll be interested to see how it plays out.

Driver: Cobra FlyZ | 9.5 Degrees Draw | Fujikura Pro 63 Tour Spec
Fairway Wood: Cobra F7 3-4 WoodΒ | 14.5 degreesΒ | Fujikura Pro 65
Hybrid: Cobra F7 3-4H | 19 degreesΒ | Fujikura Pro 75H
Irons: Srixon Z545 (4-Iron) | Srixon Z 765 (5-PW)
Wedges: Titleist VokeyΒ SM6 | 50 F Grind | 54 M Grind | 58 K Grind
Putter: Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW

16 hours ago, gogolfing said:

Good to know @CarlSpacklerΒ , we should also see if we can get Putin and Trump to get in on the action:beer:Β perhaps he can make our League great again.Β 

Please remember The Sand Trap policy on politics and religious posting.

Scott

Titleist, Edel,Β Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note:Β This thread is 2312 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!