IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

Scrambles yesterday - fun stuff.  Me and 3 people that don't really play at all...

Par 5, I hit the correct drive for the hole (long on the left edge)  and left 208 yards to the pin.

Pin is on a rear left lobe of the green, that lobe is blocked in front by a bunker.  The only opening is the right half, and there's trees on the right, so I have a lane with sand left, trees right.

(last time I played this hole the pin was short right and I had a 12 foot chip for Eagle - which I missed)

Anyway, hit 4H at the front open part of the shot hoping it would get there (not even messing with that bunker).

I came off the head a bit soft, but straight and pretty much on line if not too much to the right.  Thought it would be just short in the fringe (just like last time - only with a much harder putt).  Hard to see in the light.  (the other three all duffed/shanked their shots - but we had fun and more than a few drinks).  Driving up...It's really close to the hole considering I thought it was short

that ball must have landed just short and bounced forward and followed the green contours around and to the left.

Leaving about a 8 foot putt for Eagle

(needless to say I had to take the birdie and be happy with it - but the putt wasn't short this time and the ball was looking over the edge of the hole as it rolled past)

Bill - 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No good full shots yesterday...but I did have a pretty good sand save. Always good when that happens...both times. :-P

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

310 to the center of a drive able par 4. It all depends on the bounce since there is a dip in front of the green. Using the cart GPS I estimate my driver carry distance at max 275 so I hit before the dip and it bounced over it. Had 40 feet for eagle (the green is bigger than the first floor of my house). And I missed the eagle putt by inches.

—Adam

306 dog leg par 4. 2 choices either drive 300 yards to the green over trees or hit it safe and play the dog leg. Drove over the trees 10 yards away from hole. Made first birdie ever on it.

Driver-:cleve: 588 Custom 9.0   

Woods-:cleve: Launcher 3 and 5 wood 

Irons- :mizuno: JPX 825 4-GW

wedges-:cleve: CG14 60* and and :callaway: x series jaws 56*

putter-:nike: Method Core Drone

Long bunker shot (85 yards) uphill to a mult-tiered green.  And with all my golf league buddies watching.  It flew past the hole, checked and spun back just missing the flag they told me.  I made the 8 footer coming back up the hill.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This was actually last friday, I was pulling the driver all day so ended up left way to often.

Next to the fairway's was heath. Came at the par 5 15th dogleg right with trees guarding the green.

my drive ended up on the left and i had to chip out. i was on the fairway playing my third shot. i still had 235 yards to a higher green. I took my 2 hybrid and nailed it. It ended up just 8 feet from the cup and made my birdie putt.

scrambled my way true the round saving par a couple more times like this.

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Friday morning I blew off work and headed to the golf course with @missitnoonan before tearing into my daughter's car. I was warming up in the nets focusing on keeping my head back. It seemed to be working on the course and the trajectory of my drives was much higher. I just pounded one on 17. On 18, there are power lines that cross the hole in front of the tees, but I am usually way under them. I just crushed one that hit one of the wire and dropped straight down. Despite getting robbed, I'm calling that the best shot of the week.

- Shane

134 yard shot to a very elevated green on a long par 4.  Took a nine iron and nailed it just right.  Even a pro-quality divot (clean, defined and perfect) that just took off and flew forever.  Bee line to the flag, landed below the hole and spun back about 5 feet.

I've never played this particular hole in clean regulation.  So it was great to finally nail it with 4 clean and good strokes.

Game is degrading due to elbow tendonitis (means I've stopped practicing altogether and just play weekly - will rest and heal this winter) - so approach shots are getting more unpredictable for sure.

sometimes that simple approach shot can make my day

Bill - 

I drive the cart, but will always drop my buddy off first, even though he's longer than me and usually 30 yards further down.  He'll play while I go to my ball.  Kind of bassackwards, but it works for us.

17th hole, match all square.  He's 115 out and hits some little sand-wedge thang to 18 inches.  I'm watching from 137 yards trying to decide between the BIG 9-iron or the choked-down 8.  I hit the 9 and put it inside him to about 8 inches.  Took the wind right out of his sails.  Ended the match all-square, but that was almost as good as a win for me, given what I was looking at on 17.

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Best shot of the week went through my intended target and into the woods.

5 wood, never hit one so hard and flush. I usually average around 180 yards with 5 wood, this one rolled into the woods 200 yards away.

It was a good line, just hit it..."too good."

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Today on a 153 yard par 3 had me hit my 7 iron into the left bunker at the front of the green.  Difficult shot out of there because the green runs downhill.  I hit it hot and it went all the way across the green and just into the second cut.  That had me with about 40 ft. back to the flag.  I usually use a SW and pitch it and hope for the best.  Today was the first time I have ever tried chipping.  I used a 9 iron and it landed about 5 ft. out and was rolling good.  About halfway I knew it was going in and it hit dead center to save par.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

So last high school match of the year, drove ball about 150 away from green on abut 380 par 4, pull 7 iron out.  Theres a bunker right in front of the green (from my angle).  Land the ball just over the bunker and land it about 3 feet away.  Sunk the putt for my first birdie of the day

"Golf is a game in which you yell 'fore', shoot six, and write down five".

Paul Harvey

Shots that keep us poorer players coming back...

I had a few of these this week with some stopping closer, but I had time to snap a photo of this one.

135 yard second shot, elevated green, center hole location. I used an easy 7 iron so it got a bit more roll. I don't know how many feet - maybe 12-15. I was just happy with the GIR and probability of getting par, but I sank the long putt and got a birdie, two things that happen far too infrequently.

Jon

Had some good ones today, but best was probably a fairway bunker with an uphill lie right by the lip. Hit my PW from 130 to about 15 ft.

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Best shot of the week came on a short little pitch shot. I stuck it to about 2 feet and tapped in for Birdie on a par 5. For those who know my SV 3 skills know how good this one is! :-D

A runner up is more of an accidental shot. Par 5, in the rough, pulled a hybrid. Water is left and I have a big power utility electrical tower to my right. I aimed at the right side of the green, going to carry this bunker and hopefully get the ball with in 20 yards of the green. My ball decided to be a daredevil and go through a small opening in the electrical tower. Though I still ended up with in 20 yards of the green :-)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

The only putt I made all weekend was pretty nice. It was a 15-footer that broke 4 cups right-to-left dropped into the middle of the cup.  Must of used up all the putter's magic on that one, as four straight three-putts followed.

Playing the blacks left me 205 out on the #2 hcp hole with a raised green. I put a 3 iron to 12 feet on the upper tier.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"