IGNORED

Best Shot of the Week

iacas

18th hole at local cc.  430 yard par 4 with a sharp dogleg right and OB thru the dog leg.  Crushed a nice fade that put me Right behind a massive oak tree between myself and green.  Had 120 to green and thought about punching out but said screw it and tried going over with my 52 degree wedge, I swung as hard as possible and thought I thinned it. The three guys I was playing with were up near the green and I watched their reactions.  The ball landed just over a bunker and filtered to within 5 feet of the hole.  In a million tries I couldn't hit that shot again. Made birdie for the first time ever on that hole! 

A few days ago, but I still remember how great it felt. 15th hole, par 5. Lackluster drive that just made it over the water (200 yd carry), followed by an okay 3 wood that was a little offline and ended up in the rough near the same tree I always seem to find, but closer than I normally get and too close to go over. At 80 yards out, and needing to stay underneath the tree ahead, I made a pitch shot with my 9-iron that had just the right trajectory to stay below the branches but still get high and land softly on the green, almost dead on the spot I was aiming for and rolled out to about 10 feet. Two putted for my first par on this hole. (My ball mark ended up being about 6 inches to the right of the light patch I was aiming for, an old pin location)

It was just a pitch shot, and not my only good approach shot that day; but it was the perfect mix of focus, good decision making, proper execution and will stay with me for a while. I compensated for the trees, the wind, the rough, the weird side-hill/uphill lie, pin location and green slope, everything, and then actually made the exact shot I saw in my head. For one magical little moment, everything lined up. :content:

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I played a course for the first time. On a par three, the flag was about 172 yards. With a wind blowing in the face. I was in doubt what to do, so I picked my five iron and gripped down somewhat. I hit my shot and the ball stopped at 170 yards, nearly a hole in one. Lucky it didn't drop, because the clubhouse was full.

Somehow, my best shot was a difficult hole. Small fairway, left oob, right a big pond. Dogleg to the right. I hit a decent drive in the heavy wind, around 235 yards. Accross the water to the pin was around 195 yards. Sensible thing was playing around the water, lay up with your 3rd shot. I decided to go for it, reward a good drive. I hit a stinger fade, landed right of the green, shot a soft flop an tapped in for par. Best hole I played this year.

195 yard 3H over water onto the lower tier of the green on a 415 yard par 4. This is a hole that is very challenging for me as it is hard to get my drive in the fairway. I two-putted up the tier for par.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Shot of the week: Second shot on the par 5 17th at Quail Brook. Ball was well above my feet; I choked down on the grip and aimed more right to adjust for the lie angle. Trail foot slipped as I hit the shot but it took a perfect line and rolled up just to right of the hole. Missed the 7 footer for eagle.

652016114817.jpg

Honorable mention: 100' chip from the apron on the 7th hole to inches.

652016114727.jpg

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

For me this week I would have to say was my first eagle. 

On a par 5. It was a straight fairway and the wind was on my back and slightly downhill. Tee off was a bullet baby draw with the wing gave me an extra 20 yards plus a more than normal drive that also gave me an extra 50 yards. Used my 3 wood a la McIlroy at the Irish open and ran it up into the green leaving me with 3 foot for eagle. Never been more scared  in my life to miss a 3 footer. 

How about a 9-iron from 120 to 6"? High with a slight 2-3 yard draw, one bounce and stopped cold right next to the pin. I don't hit 'em like that every often.  The shot setup a kick-in birdie on a par-5.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

68 yards, 60 LW - it just flew true

(hey, they don't always have to be the long shaped approach shot)

Bill - 

About a 10-12 foot putt I made for par on the 3rd hole, Radrick Farms.  My drive was in the trees so I had punched out.  A wedge to 10-12 feet left me scrambling to save par.  That putt kept me at "even" and good things continued to flow after that save.

Brian Kuehn

Tough call for once, as I had quite a few goodies this week, but Im going with a 7 iron chipped in from off the green for a rare birdie on a long par 4. :) yay me!

Duffed my tee shot on a short par 4. 235 yards from the green for my second and I absolutely pure a 5 iron about 15 feet from the pin. 

Granted it was dry as hell, so I got a good 25 extra yards of roll...but still haha

Ryan M

The Internet Adjustment Formula:
IAD = ( [ADD] * .96 + [EPS] * [1/.12] ) / (1.15)

IAD = Internet Adjusted Distance (in yards)
ADD = Actual Driver Distance (in yards)
EPS = E-Penis Size (in inches)

Best Shot - VERY FIRST time I hit my new Mack Daddy 2 SW (54/14) out of the sand - Up and down for a birdie (4 foot putt).  trap was below the green by 5 feet, and the shot was a good 25 yards.  THUMP - carried to 3 feet short, released, and just 'stopped' just past the hole.

Best Hole - Par 5 Hole 15 at the Summit (561 yards) two doglegs right.  Smart play is layup 3w to the first dogleg (a straight drive goes through into the woods at about 230 or less), then a long hybrid (from 200-220 I guess) to the 2nd dogleg - leaving about a 120 yard approach to a fairly accessible green.  Thick trees all along both sides of a fairly narrow hole.

I'm not smart and the tee shot really fit my eye and I'm just here for the fun of neat shots.  So a BIG cut (on purpose this time) and it just 'fit' the fairway.  Center of fairway, so I hit a 5 iron over the 2nd corner (woods are way too thick close to the green for a guy like me to even think of getting there in two (that would take a couple of Bubba slices - serious shaping).  Still center of fairway (once I was there I noted how dumb that shot was - the fairway was only very narrow.  Left with a nice 87 yard approach shot - just right for that new SW.  So super happy with a regulation par.  There's no real payoff for someone that can hit their woods and hybrids straight....but this was more fun by far.

MWSnap 2016-07-11, 11_06_10.jpg

Bill - 

35 yards away from 18th green. Ball below my feet on a downward slope. Quarter swing with my 60 and ball lands right on front fringe rolls to two feet where I can make the putt to shoot 88! First time this year Ive broke 90.

I made my first birdie on a par 3 (170yd) at a local course this past Sunday.  Setup with a 6i off of the box and topped the ball, so it only advanced 100 yards.  Holed the next shot with my AW!

2016-07-10_Stumpy_7.png

• Upvote 1

Nike: Covert 2.0 Irons (R), Covert 2.0 3h (R), X3X 56* & 60* wedges, Method putter

Cobra: Bio Cell 4/5h (R), Bio CellDriver (S)

GolfPad GPS Dashboard

25 minutes ago, Lloyd Martinez said:

I made my first birdie on a par 3 (170yd) at a local course this past Sunday.  Setup with a 6i off of the box and topped the ball, so it only advanced 100 yards.  Holed the next shot with my AW!

2016-07-10_Stumpy_7.png

What an incredible shot!!!! CONGRATS!!!

:)

Played Monday at TPC Piper Glen in Charlotte for a tournament.  On the 4th hole, a 178 yard par 3, I hit a horrible tee shot, wiping my 5 iron way right.  I actually thought it went OB.  Luckily, one of my playing competitors spotted the ball for me.  It was about 30 yards to the right of the pin.  I was short sided and the only hope I had of getting it remotely close was to play a high flop shot just onto the green.  

I played it perfectly.  The ball landed in the shady spot I was aiming for, released just a little and settled 7 feet behind the hole.  I was able to make the putt to complete the unlikely up & down.  

It felt good to make one like that and gave me some momentum for the remainder of the round.  I made a few more good saves before my round ended.

CY

Career Bests
- 18 Holes - 72 (+1) - Par 71 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022
- 9 Holes - 36 (E) - Par 36 - Pine Island Country Club - 6/25/2022