Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thought I would just put them all in here to keep the site tidy.

You know, it's like a car wreck.  You don't want to look.  You know you shouldn't look.  And yet here I am...   I looked.

Definitely the last one. Maybe you can use some of those rad UFC moves you saw on tv against him. Bonus if you can lure him to follow you to your "dojo" you built in your mothers basement. 

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Majority of Pga pros are nice to fans. I don't mind if pros ignore kids or say "I don't have time right now".  They are basically at work and should be concentrating hard. However, the only time I have seen someone act like a huge jerk was Lee Trevino like 10 years ago. Swearing ad being mean to an old guy? WHat is that guys deal?

The reality is that pro golfers, like any other celebrity, are all human. Sometimes stress can overcome someone and they lash out. I know I do all the time so I try to not judge people based on outlier situations like this. That being said, there are certain tour pros known for being nicer and more likable than others. As far as Lee Trevino is concerned, he was always considered to be somewhat of an 'oddball'.

4 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

Majority of Pga pros are nice to fans. I don't mind if pros ignore kids or say "I don't have time right now".  They are basically at work and should be concentrating hard. However, the only time I have seen someone act like a huge jerk was Lee Trevino like 10 years ago. Swearing ad being mean to an old guy? WHat is that guys deal?

I can't even remember the last time Trevino played in a tournament, but you're mentioning something that happened over 10 years ago and asking what his deal is? 

He's 77 years old now, what difference does it make now? 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

22 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I can't even remember the last time Trevino played in a tournament, but you're mentioning something that happened over 10 years ago and asking what his deal is? 

He's 77 years old now, what difference does it make now? 

I"m with JS - 10 year ago???
His last PGA tour win was in 1984 and his last Senior Tour win was in 2000.
I'm thinking that Urkel is having memory problems

I've attended a bunch of PGA events, and volunteered at 4 of them.  I've seen one or two pros behave poorly to fans, and have heard about a couple more instances.  I'm not going to mention names, I have no idea what these guys are like most of the time, although I've heard a number of tales about one specific player.  The huge majority of times I've been around PGA players, they've been consistently professional, and usually friendly, to the fans.  This includes a couple of guys who have the reputation of being "prickly".  Considering that the fans are all around these guys while they're essentially "at work", I think the pros do a damn good job of interacting.

37 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've attended a bunch of PGA events, and volunteered at 4 of them.

I've never been to one. In your opinion, do some fans behave in such a way that it would be excusable for a player to react poorly?

54 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

I've never been to one. In your opinion, do some fans behave in such a way that it would be excusable for a player to react poorly?

I also have never been to one either, but been to many other types of sporting events. Sometime fans can be jerks to the point I could see a player acting back. I guess they shouldn't but, like mentioned above, their only human.

I believe we have to be responsible fans.

24 minutes ago, swffjvl said:

I also have never been to one either, but been to many other types of sporting events. Sometime fans can be jerks to the point I could see a player acting back. I guess they shouldn't but, like mentioned above, their only human.

I believe we have to be responsible fans.

That's pretty much what I think as well. The price of admission does not include being a jerk. It's not just for the sake of the players/performers, but also a matter of being considerate to other spectators.

Not everyone feels that way, apparently.

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

Well we've seen players just point to a fan and tell the marshals to remove the person.  I heard most players are good about removing the noise the gallery makes, but if there's that one person you can hear just talking too much smack or whatever, they have them removed.  No reason to get into a shouting match.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

Golf advertisements are so cringy. The new PXG commercial is insulting. It is going to add 15 yards to my drives?  Going to sue them for false advertising. 

Good luck with that.

11 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

The new PXG commercial is insulting. It is going to add 15 yards to my drives? 

Probably not, but you can step up to the tee, swing it like your 7-iron, hit it as consistently long as your driver, and more accurately than your fairway metal.

(that's the one, right?)

On 9/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, JonMA1 said:

When the Buick Open was in Grand Blanc, the 17th hole was the party hole.   They threw many spectators out because of rude and lewd behavior.

Note: This thread is 913 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!