IGNORED

StefanUrkel's Random Musings

Note: This thread is 2020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Good grief, I couldn't possibly care less...

:no:

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'll add that to my list of things not to do.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

• 2 weeks later...

Majority of Pga pros are nice to fans. I don't mind if pros ignore kids or say "I don't have time right now".  They are basically at work and should be concentrating hard. However, the only time I have seen someone act like a huge jerk was Lee Trevino like 10 years ago. Swearing ad being mean to an old guy? WHat is that guys deal?

The reality is that pro golfers, like any other celebrity, are all human. Sometimes stress can overcome someone and they lash out. I know I do all the time so I try to not judge people based on outlier situations like this. That being said, there are certain tour pros known for being nicer and more likable than others. As far as Lee Trevino is concerned, he was always considered to be somewhat of an 'oddball'.

Driver: :tmade: R15 10.5°
3-Wood: :tmade: Aeroburner 15°
Hybrid: :tmade: Aeroburner 19°
Irons: :titleist: DCI Gold 4i - PW
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 52° 56° 60°
Putter: :ping: Cadence

Well Tiger never yelled at a fan...

... he had Stevie do that. :-D 

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

4 hours ago, StefanUrkel said:

Majority of Pga pros are nice to fans. I don't mind if pros ignore kids or say "I don't have time right now".  They are basically at work and should be concentrating hard. However, the only time I have seen someone act like a huge jerk was Lee Trevino like 10 years ago. Swearing ad being mean to an old guy? WHat is that guys deal?

I can't even remember the last time Trevino played in a tournament, but you're mentioning something that happened over 10 years ago and asking what his deal is? 

He's 77 years old now, what difference does it make now? 

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

22 minutes ago, jsgolfer said:

I can't even remember the last time Trevino played in a tournament, but you're mentioning something that happened over 10 years ago and asking what his deal is? 

He's 77 years old now, what difference does it make now? 

I"m with JS - 10 year ago???
His last PGA tour win was in 1984 and his last Senior Tour win was in 2000.
I'm thinking that Urkel is having memory problems

Players play, tough players win!

I've attended a bunch of PGA events, and volunteered at 4 of them.  I've seen one or two pros behave poorly to fans, and have heard about a couple more instances.  I'm not going to mention names, I have no idea what these guys are like most of the time, although I've heard a number of tales about one specific player.  The huge majority of times I've been around PGA players, they've been consistently professional, and usually friendly, to the fans.  This includes a couple of guys who have the reputation of being "prickly".  Considering that the fans are all around these guys while they're essentially "at work", I think the pros do a damn good job of interacting.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

37 minutes ago, DaveP043 said:

I've attended a bunch of PGA events, and volunteered at 4 of them.

I've never been to one. In your opinion, do some fans behave in such a way that it would be excusable for a player to react poorly?

Jon

54 minutes ago, JonMA1 said:

I've never been to one. In your opinion, do some fans behave in such a way that it would be excusable for a player to react poorly?

I also have never been to one either, but been to many other types of sporting events. Sometime fans can be jerks to the point I could see a player acting back. I guess they shouldn't but, like mentioned above, their only human.

I believe we have to be responsible fans.

Cobra Max Irons......Cobra F7 Hybrid..... 

A cheap Wedge and Driver I picked up online....

A bunch of Balls.... and a bag for it all.

24 minutes ago, swffjvl said:

I also have never been to one either, but been to many other types of sporting events. Sometime fans can be jerks to the point I could see a player acting back. I guess they shouldn't but, like mentioned above, their only human.

I believe we have to be responsible fans.

That's pretty much what I think as well. The price of admission does not include being a jerk. It's not just for the sake of the players/performers, but also a matter of being considerate to other spectators.

Not everyone feels that way, apparently.

Jon

1 hour ago, JonMA1 said:

Well we've seen players just point to a fan and tell the marshals to remove the person.  I heard most players are good about removing the noise the gallery makes, but if there's that one person you can hear just talking too much smack or whatever, they have them removed.  No reason to get into a shouting match.

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator
7 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

Golf advertisements are so cringy. The new PXG commercial is insulting. It is going to add 15 yards to my drives?  Going to sue them for false advertising. 

Good luck with that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

11 minutes ago, StefanUrkel said:

The new PXG commercial is insulting. It is going to add 15 yards to my drives? 

Probably not, but you can step up to the tee, swing it like your 7-iron, hit it as consistently long as your driver, and more accurately than your fairway metal.

(that's the one, right?)

- John

On 9/3/2017 at 9:01 AM, JonMA1 said:

When the Buick Open was in Grand Blanc, the 17th hole was the party hole.   They threw many spectators out because of rude and lewd behavior.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

Note: This thread is 2020 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!