IGNORED

TheSandTrap Member Map

DaveP043
Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On 3/17/2017 at 8:41 AM, DaveP043 said:

I stole this idea from another site, I hope you all will enjoy it.  In reading some of the threads about member get-togethers, I thought about how far some of us will travel to attend.  Which in turn made me wonder about where some of my TST friends live.  So I created a map in Google Maps, and added my home golf club, as well as my primary vacation spot.  The link is here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NwaKZanJPQ1wXT_ysLN7csLjEZg&usp=sharing

I think it would be fun if the members here wanted to add themselves to the map.  The directions from Google are:

1. Open a new or existing map in My Maps.
  2. In the left panel, click the layer you want to use. The selected layer will be blue on the left edge.
  3. Search for the business, address, or point of interest that you want to add. ...
  4. To add that pin to your layers, click "add to map"
  5. Once you've added it, you can edit the name to indicate your user name

I'm not looking for home addresses or anything so specific, maybe a home town or home course.  We might find out that we have online friends who're much closer in real life than we ever thought.  I hope I've set this up so that anyone who uses the link will be able to add themselves, without having to sign into a Google account.  If you have problems, let me know and I'll try to work them out.

I added Mission Trails.

I didn't do anything with "layers". Why do we need to define a layer?

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

11 hours ago, Mico said:

done!

Thanks, Mico!

5 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

I added Mission Trails.

You don't, your location shows up just perfect, thanks.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

7 hours ago, gregsandiego said:

I added Mission Trails.

I had forgotten all about Mission Trails. I used to live in Tierrasanta which is not far. I normally played Admiral Baker. Those prices are certainly reasonable. Mission Trails would be a good alternative for @No Mulligans but he probably already knows that.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

4 hours ago, Hacker James said:

I had forgotten all about Mission Trails. I used to live in Tierrasanta which is not far. I normally played Admiral Baker. Those prices are certainly reasonable. Mission Trails would be a good alternative for @No Mulligans but he probably already knows that.

Haven't played it.  I will.  Another notch in my belt (I have logo balls from everywhere I play which I started a couple of years ago, I'm at 29)

9 minutes ago, dbrux said:

I'm in. Good idea.

Or not. Must have done it wrong.

Here's how I did it.  First search for the desired location, in the box near the top of the map.  If more than one thing comes up, select the right one.  You should end up with a " box", pointing to the location.  Inside that box, click "+ Add to map".  THEN inside the box, click the "edit" icon, looks like a little pen along the bottom row.  You can edit the label for that location, something like DaveP043 plays golf at....."

Dave

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 

6 minutes ago, dbrux said:

Thanks Dave. I got it to stick. Lost the label part though.

I got it there for you.  Now sure why it didn't work, I ended up deleting yours and inserting a new point, and it worked.  First one in Iowa, congratulations!

Dave

DaveP,

I clicked onto the URL in your original posting box, and I got your master map - but I couldn't interact with it.

Then, I logged onto my Google account and created my own MyMap, and marked my golf club on it. But, couldn't figure out how to transfer my map data to your master map. I'm using Google Chrome, one of the three preferred browsers for MyMaps.

Any hints on how I can get locator pin on your master map? (The MyMaps How-To link was useless.)

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

7 hours ago, WUTiger said:

DaveP,

I clicked onto the URL in your original posting box, and I got your master map - but I couldn't interact with it.

Then, I logged onto my Google account and created my own MyMap, and marked my golf club on it. But, couldn't figure out how to transfer my map data to your master map. I'm using Google Chrome, one of the three preferred browsers for MyMaps.

Any hints on how I can get locator pin on your master map? (The MyMaps How-To link was useless.)

I think it will work if you sign on to your google account, and then went go to the link I provided.  Even if you go to the link, and then sign on, you'll see an EDIT button appear.

I just checked, and somehow the settings got changed.  I've set it now so that anyone who has the link to the map is allowed to edit it.  I'm not sure its working right, but if you can't get it to work, send me the info and I'll add it.

Dave

10 hours ago, WUTiger said:

Any hints on how I can get locator pin on your master map?

The Map has a search feature, enter the golf course and select it.

2 hours ago, DaveP043 said:

send me the info and I'll add it.

I've added WU Tiger - Stone Wolf Golf Club
Your original link on page 1 has sharing, nothing wrong with it.

For others - The Label feature I believe creates new categories,
An Example would be displaying courses in Ohio or Men's Golf Clubs in Texas

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

I added my home course, think I did it right.  It's neat to see where everyone plays.

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

DaveP and Club Rat,

I'm on the map now. Thanks.

And, I had never seen MyMaps before. A useful tool for many things.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

I think I'm having an iPhone moment. When I click the map link in the first post it jumps to the google map app and there are no visible pins even if I zoom out to show from the Pacific to the Atlantic. So I don't think the app is showing the same map (or layers?) that others are seeing. Oh well, I suspect an app issue so this might be a non-phone thing for me. I use the phone map app too much to disable it and force the link to only open in a browser window. 

Taylormade M2 driver @ 9.5*+2

TM M6 D-type 3wood 16*, 
TM M2 Rescue 3H@19* and 4H@22* ,
TM RocketBladez irons 5-9,PW,AW, SW(23*,26.5*,30.5*,35*,40*,45*,50*,55*),
TM Hi-Toe 60* wedge,
Ping Karsten 1959 Craz-E, or a Scotty
Bushnell Tour V3 rangefinder

Thanks Dave.  Great Ideal!  I am pretty far east but not as far north as Philly out in Washington St. We are indeed heavy on the East side of the continent. Good to see where everyone plays

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!