Sign in to follow this  
BuckeyeNut

Eligible to Try to Qualify for the U.S. Open

Note: This thread is 1198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 posts / 2289 viewsLast Reply

It cracks me up when I get these emails................

You are Eligible to Enter USGA Championship Qualifying

JM
Jacque Madison <jacque@kcgolf.org>

app-icon.png

wl_icon_standalone.png

boomerang_64_blue.png

Reply|
Tue 3/14, 2:57 PM
You

Dear Mr. MONEY,

Your handicap index makes you eligible to enter qualifying events for the following USGA Championships. USGA Championships are the pinnacle of achievement for those who qualify and provide participants with unforgettable experiences.  If you have never played in a USGA Championship before, we hope you will consider making this year your first.

US Open Championship: entries are open and close at 5:00 PM EDT on April 26, 2017.  Handicap Index Limit: 1.4

Click here to view qualifying sites.

Click here to apply to play.

Entry must be made through the USGA for all USGA Championship Qualifiers. Please adhere very carefully to their requirements and entry deadlines.

Sincerely,

Kansas City Golf Association

I'm thinking about registering for a qualifier for fun, but I haven't gotten any emails about it. I have to hunt down the forms myself on the USGA website, so for those who are interested it seems like a nice little bit of convenience to not have to go looking.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If I qualified, I'd do it to say I did it. Why not? What if you win? What if you keep winning? Nothing to lose makes you dangerous

Obviously I'm not qualified to give it a go but I did look at the local qualifiers in my area.    The closest is completely closed, full up!   

Like Iacas wrote, am I missing something? You do qualify....pretty damn cool I'd say! 

46 minutes ago, Aflighter said:

Anyone know how much it cost to try and qualify?

One site seems to indicate that you need below 1.4 and to "pony up" $175. I don't know if that includes the greens fees or not? I'd guess so?

Not sure if @BuckeyeNut is over 50 years or not? If he is then the requirements seem to be only 3.4 for the Senior Open?

Edited by Lihu
Added the senior stuff. . .

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:52 PM, Aflighter said:

Heck I would be honored even if they emailed me to say your not qualified.

Jaja ! Nice one.

3 hours ago, Lihu said:

One site seems to indicate that you need below 1.4 and to "pony up" $175. I don't know if that includes the greens fees or not? I'd guess so?

Not sure if @BuckeyeNut is over 50 years or not? If he is then the requirements seem to be only 3.4 for the Senior Open?

Uh, yeah. you pay the $175 and that covers everything except a cart. 

Piss on the US Open. I'm gunning for B Flight for the Kittyhawk Men's Association Club Championship this year.

4 hours ago, Lihu said:

By the time I spend money on how to immediately cut 10 strokes off my game and post the needed scores ,  im not sure ill be able to afford $175.

Note: This thread is 1198 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!