IGNORED

How Named Diets Work for Weight Loss

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

26 minutes ago, mvmac said:

:beer:

17622070_10211938505479045_2021503018496170990_o.jpg

What about the geophagic diet recommended by Civil Engineers like @Golfingdad and @saevel25?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

(edited)

Doesn't get much easier..haha

Edited by TN94z

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Still easier to do a low calorie diet eating fat and protien. They just keep you less hungry. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Named diets are squirrels:

• Upvote 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 4/1/2017 at 1:24 AM, No Mulligans said:

This is a great tip... Don't drink your calories, (except maybe healthy smoothies)

A protein shake is actually pretty effective in curbing sweet cravings and does keep hunger away quite well. Milk works similarly but not quite as effective.

What ever coloric deficit you use, you still have to burn enough calories to maintain, and/or lose weight. No way to get around it. 

Edited by Patch
  • Upvote 1

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

On 2017-03-31 at 6:24 PM, No Mulligans said:

This is a great tip... Don't drink your calories, (except maybe healthy smoothies)

"If rhum isn't the answer, you're not using enough rum" Capt. Jack Sparrow. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

4 hours ago, Ernest Jones said:

"If rhum isn't the answer, you're not using enough rum" Capt. Jack Sparrow. 

I read some where that a shot of rum has 100+/- calories in it. So, 10 shots would be 1000+/- calories. Then again, after 10 shots of rum, who counting calories?:-P

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

4 minutes ago, Patch said:

I read some where that a shot of rum has 100+/- calories in it. So, 10 shots would be 1000+/- calories. Then again, after 10 shots of rum, who counting calories?:-P

I could be wrong, but my understanding is that one onze of any 40% alcohol is equivalent to any other, in the 60-70 calorie range. At least that is what I've seen on various calorie counting apps. 

I walk at least one 5K a day and try for two when I have time at lunch. Between that and making better choices at breakfast and lunches, it frees me up to indulge food/booze wise.  Sorry nice I've started this I've gone from 210lbs to 198 and have been holding steady at that weight even when I  fall off the wagon every few weeks or so. I'd like to get down to 190, but clearly, the low hanging fruit (so to speak) has already been plucked and it will take some harder effort to get another 10 lbs off. 

But WTF, I'm drinking a rum and soda with lime as I type this! Lol. Worth pointing out that just moving to club soda instead of Rum and ginger ale or Gin and tonic makes a BIG difference. Ginger ale and tonic are 140 calories per can versus 0 in club soda. 

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I have dedicated myself to drinking more beer since I recently sold off a business and have more time in the evenings. I have found that I need to adjust my diet to make room. Life is good. :beer:

Custom fit RBZ irons. Taylormade RBZ driver. Some crappy old high-bounce Macgregor wedge and an even older Mizuno 5 wood. Haven't settled on a ball yet - still looking. Decades of football, weightlifting and boxing came together to create the world's worst golfer. I'm slowly correcting that now. 

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't always as simple as calories in versus energy expenditure. Hormonal imbalances caused by a poor diet (see: Standard American Diet) can make it so that one cannot lose weight even when they are burning more than they are consuming. Cortisol, aka the Stress Hormone, is one such hormone that prevents fat loss and causes fat gain, especially around the mid section. 

By "resetting" your hormones, you can get your body back to a more efficient calorie burning machine, but you must maintain a healthy diet or the hormones will go haywire again. Intermittent fasting is actually an effective strategy for "resetting" your hormones, and has been studied extensively. In fact, Dr. Ohsumi won a Nobel Prize for his work on autophagy (cellular cleansing), which is achieved through Intermittent Fasting. 

I personally use Intermittent Fasting, not as a way to lose weight, but as a way to stay lean, strong, and healthy. It is also more convenient not having to eat breakfast everyday!

Here's a link to a great article that links to the studies on IF. https://authoritynutrition.com/10-health-benefits-of-intermittent-fasting/

My Bag:
Driver: R11

Irons: Titliest MB

Wedge: vokey
Putter: rosa

Balls: whatever I can find

Note: This thread is 2546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!