IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge May 2017

Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5/2: stance and grip for 10min.  I think I'm getting used to making the stronger grip more consistently

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

5/2:  10 mins. wall drill in office this afternoon while on conference call; focused on pressure shift into left side through impact position and turn
(Went to course); 20 mins. range session w/8i & 6i; focused on weight shift and downward strike to take divot
Walked 13 holes (until dark); wanted to continue focus from range but got off to rough start, so spent some effort just trying to get it back together.  Finally got things going a little, but still struggled thumping down into ball...was just a little quick with just about everything.  Managed 1 birdie (par 4 10th), though, thanks to a PW to 6' and sinking the putt.  Otherwise, a whole lot of meh.

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

5/2: The weather has been beautiful but has maybe led to being a little too relaxed during practice. 75o and breezy, flip flops, ice-cold sweet tea, and a sand wedge in my hand...hard to take anything too seriously. :-) 

I hit 70 or 80 shots tonight and had a lot of fun, but experimented played around more than I probably should have. FWIW, I did try to (not lose) focus on my first/original priority piece (no sway back) and "easy" swings throughout. :whistle: 

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/2. Played 18 today. Spent 20 mins beforehand working out pitching distances with the 52, 56, and 60. Seems like contact is getting better, but really need to nail down consistent clubhead speeds on the partial pitches. 

2nd May:- 10 mins full swing practice, outdoors, no ball. Getting the proper dorsi flexion in the right wrist at A2 helps greatly in improving the overall A4 picture.

Chris.:roll:

3/5/17 - Found time for another range session and made good progress on the left arm not fanning, as well as slightly shortening the backswing to stop the wrist angles breaking down. I still have my weight too far toward my toes, but baby steps!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

5/3/17:

Short irons and wedges in the backyard. Focusing on not being able to grab the clubhead with my right at belt high in the backswing, and keeping the last three fingers of my left hand grip firm throughout the swing.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Missed practice yesterday at work all day and planes at night

here in DC, got my 5 minutes of wall drill done. Best session of that yet. Felt the shoulder turn and coil.

tomorrow and Friday same deal.

saturday get to play 18 if we don't get rained out 

5/3

Did some mirror work to make sure my head is steady and hips are getting open. I am also going to start my stretching later tonight.  Might throw in a wall drill to see if I am creating significant space with the hip turn.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

5/3: 20-30 minutes of full-swing work. Focused on hip turn and good tempo, and tried not to turn my shoulders past 90o to keep a 'shorterish' swing.

Jake
"If you need to carry a water hazard, take one extra club or two extra balls." - Unknown (to me)

My Swing | Course Vlogs | Favorite Post | Roamin' for life. (MCATDT)

5/3: more grip and posture. Did few minutes of backswing too. Neck still not 100% but another massage tomorrow. Last one helped a lot!

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

5-3 Putting drills with two tees just outside putter head. 

4-8-12 foot putts using the tees.

Worked on faster back swing. 

Jim Morgan

Driver: :callaway: GBB Epic Speed 10.5 deg Reg
Woods: 3W :callaway: Epic Flash 15 deg, Heavenwood:callaway:GBB 20 deg
4 Hybrid: :callaway:  Epic Flash 21 deg, 5 Hybird: :callaway: Apex 24 deg
Irons: :ping: G425 Graphite 6-SW, Wedges: :ping: Glide 58 deg
Putter: :bettinardi: Armlock  :aimpoint: Express
 :titleist: golf bag, Blue Tees RF

5/3:  Another evening at the course
20 min. range session, first half slow 1/2 to 2/3 swings focus on downward strike w/lag; 2nd half full swings w/focus on applying same concepts to full shots
10 min. putting session; focused on tempo and particular awareness of trying for perfectly square face at impact (did well); final few minutes on nothing but 4'
Walked 9 holes; for second straight day had mix of really good then really bad shots...good contact, just directional issues.  Gotta figure that out.  Focus most on short game & putting--actually was quite the bright spot; pitched in from ~20y for birdie on 16; drained everything inside 6', which drew some notice from my playing partner (brother in law).

Edited by BamaWade

Wade         --         "Thaaat's CRUSHED!"

Driver:  Ping G400 LST 8.5°
FWs/Hybs:  Callaway BB Steelhead III 3w; TM R15 17° & 21°
Irons:  Mizuno JPX825
Wedges:  Cleveland Rotex 2.0 54° & 60°
Putter:  Odyssey 2-ball

3/5

10 minutes working on setup with a putting mirror that I've drilled to add some beads like the Pelz Putting Tutor.

15 more minutes on partial swing clubhead speeds. 

3rd May:- 10 mins full swing practice. As the new backswing becomes more natural, I'm finding that I need to keep concentrating on maintaining the correct positions. It's easy to start slipping into "this feels right, so it must be right", rather than "it's only right if the picture is right".

Chris.:roll:

5/4/17:

Hit 20 putts each from 4, 8, and 12 feet, 5 putts each from 12, 3, 6, and 9 o' clock just to see where I was at. If I just had to putt that range, I'd be a tour pro. :)

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track

Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°

I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110

Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

May the 4th Be With You!

Mirror work at the gym. Playing 9 for my first league match later today.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

4/5/17 - 5 minutes of stop and starts, trying to add the lower body piece in to the other takeaway work.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Note: This thread is 2480 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!