IGNORED

"5 Minutes Daily" Practice Challenge June 2017

Note: This thread is 1537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

June 17th:- 10 mins full swing practice, 7 iron. Worked on slowing down the backswing to enable more correct positioning at A4.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

June 18 - pitching in the backyard for about 15 minutes. Followed with some mirror work and swings using the garage window. Testing the wrist. It felt ok. Maybe I will be able to hit balls tomorrow. 

6/18: Actually hit a few balls today, as neck pain improves. Nice easy swings, still limited in motion. But definite progress in healing since last attempt.

Putted for 30 min- mostly 2 and 3 % slopes from inside 15ft.

6/19: More rain. Ugh. :-(

Managed to get about 15 minutes in with my pitching wedge, just focused on easy swings and proper hip turn/no sway.

5 min wall drill. Sliding hands on wall and stay on plane versions. Feels like smooth movement. Interested to see how it impacts my swing and to try stay on plane version with a club

6/19 -- I'm playing a club event on 6/22 and had part of this afternoon free, so I got some good practice in.  Outdoors, with balls.

* Range, bucket of 33.  This routine has gotten a bit ingrained by now (and I just got my next evolvr video so I know what I need to do to improve it).  Hit 6-iron, 5-wood, and then some 3-woods.  I have been hesitant lately to pull my 3-wood from the bag, even on a good lie, so I wanted to hit some from grass.  For some reason, I can accept my 5-wood distance, but I think I overswing my 3-wood.  I focused on calm, just swing when I was swinging ... and when I did think that, I hit it very well.  My game golf says I hit it one yard past my 5-wood (190 vs 191 yards), but that's partly because of some terrible shots I've hit with the 3-wood that got recorded and not many even acceptable ones.  I will aim to hit it more in rounds, particularly not tournament rounds, both to get a record of if it's worth hitting (versus if I should drop it in favor of something else, if it really is only one yard past my 5-wood) and to know that distance I can get on a calm swing.

* Chipping to a practice green.  Four balls, but I didn't do anything where I kept track of results.  The "practice green" I was at today was really more decent fairway with two flags in it.  

* Putting.  Did plenty from 10-15', working on speed.  I got to the practice green and realized I had forgotten what drills there were.  Tomorrow and Wednesday I'll go with a purpose for short game practice.

June 19th:- 10 mins full swing practice, Driver and 3 wood. Experimented on ball position at address for the best contact with each club, followed by Key #1 work.

• iacas unpinned this topic
Note: This thread is 1537 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!