IGNORED

Matsuyama's got nothing on this guy

nevets88
Note: This thread is 2383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What a pause!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
17 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Why won't it play? Don't know why people post this stuff! If it ain't on YouTube, it ain't there!

I don't know. You're the only one who seems to have this problem. Your browser is listed among those with < 0.2% of the strings detected ("Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:52.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/52.0" from https://techblog.willshouse.com/2012/01/03/most-common-user-agents/).

It works just fine here on multiple platforms.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

17 hours ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Why won't it play? Don't know why people post this stuff! If it ain't on YouTube, it ain't there!

Are you at work or at home? At work, instagram and all that is blocked so I can't watch these either. At home or on my phone, they work just fine.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

All jokes aside. I recently found out that a short pause, or maybe the pause itself is more a feel than it actually is a pause in reality, helps me immensely on my backswing posture as it mentally breaks down the back and downswing for me. 

Before that I was concentrating so bad on shallowing the downswing that my backswing was way too shallow too. 

I got nothing on that guy though :-D

Edited by Killa

I played last week with a guy at my club with a serious hesitation, actually a full stop, at the top. I played with him in the past and he struggled with the game, but he played great last week. He says it has changed his interest in the game and his handicap is about half of what it was just last year. Even the Pro (we use the same guy) doesn't know how he does it but it's working for him as long as he gets it to the right spot.

• Like 1

Bill M

12 minutes ago, phan52 said:

I played last week with a guy at my club with a serious hesitation, actually a full stop, at the top. I played with him in the past and he struggled with the game, but he played great last week. He says it has changed his interest in the game and his handicap is about half of what it was just last year. Even the Pro (we use the same guy) doesn't know how he does it but it's working for him as long as he gets it to the right spot.

I started adding a pause at the top of my swing at the start of this year. I had a habit of rushing the downswing, now i pause, shift my weight then swing. I think a lot of it s psychological but it has really helped me.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

I'm most impressed by the guy's contact there. I should shank the crap out of that ball if I had that pause.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

Hilarious. I'm afraid to even try a brief pause at the top, but it is fun to watch Matsuyama's swing. He happened to be on the driving range when I walked by after his Fri round at the BMW last week, first time I've seen his swing in person (vs TV).

Edited by Midpack

I should post some recent swings as I started doing the pause I dunno if it's because of watching the video, got away from it though, prefer a no pause transition. Video gets into your subconscious! Watch out.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2383 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!