IGNORED

Daylight Saving Time

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

I think New England should be an hour earlier than the Eastern Time Zone. Cinncinati sunrise is almost 50 minutes later than Boston.

I forget the details, but there was a bill in the MA congress this year proposing the state move to the Atlantic Time Zone. There were a lot of contingencies though. The rest of New England would have to move, and it would be really difficult to deal with if NYC didn't move. It's just really difficult to draw the line. 

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Interesting news coverage up here, speaking to stopping the change in either one province or across the country. Just business cost alone, real and brown dollars. Cross border, cross provincial businesses, international- having to adjust through call centre coverage, flight times. 

Plants still grow, whether we change clocks or not.

But it does get us an hour more daylight, compare to the workday clock, for things like golf.

Yup, it's pretty much the unofficial end to my golf season. Between the colder temps that are about to hit and the limited daylight to play in-- especially with frost delays in the mornings-- I usually don't play this late in the season. Once I take the clubs out of the car it's over, and that's looking imminent. Always a sad moment. 

• iacas changed the title to Daylight Saving Time
  • Administrator
FK2HLAC5V5NOTA2JQPWHAMCBQQ.jpg

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023, ending the twice-annual changing of clocks in a move promoted by supporters advocating...

Please!

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time...

Please!

Amen

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

An hour here...an hour there...it will be daytime 24 hours a day if this keeps up.  Besides...it is every American's right to be kept in the dark a fair portion of the time.  

• Funny 2

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

In other news....Golf courses planning to push "Twilight rates" ahead one hour.

Edited by KMP

18 hours ago, iacas said:

The U.S. Senate on Tuesday passed legislation that would make daylight saving time permanent starting in 2023, ending the twice-annual changing of clocks in a move promoted by supporters advocating...

Please!

We play all year, and the late sunrise in the winter is going to make for some late tee times. 

On 11/6/2016 at 1:43 PM, iacas said:

Split the difference?

This is my suggestion, move clocks back 30 minutes this fall then leave them alone going forward.  Its a compromise and I really do not think it an issue if we are off in 30 minute intervals instead of 1-hour intervals with other time zones.

I personally would like the later sunsets throughout the year but understand issues of being very dark when commuting to work with children waiting for busses or walking to school.  I think the "Farmers" arguments are null & void, they can get up and do work at whatever time they like.

FYI, "Bumping" this thread since a new discussion in Washington about making changes to DST Permanent.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, StuM said:

FYI, "Bumping" this thread since a new discussion in Washington about making changes to DST Permanent.

You mean… how the topic was bumped by me last Weds. with this very thing? 🙂

Splitting the difference and being 30 minutes off is a non-starter, nah.

I was mostly being facetious years ago.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, StuM said:

This is my suggestion, move clocks back 30 minutes this fall then leave them alone going forward.  Its a compromise and I really do not think it an issue if we are off in 30 minute intervals instead of 1-hour intervals with other time zones.

I personally would like the later sunsets throughout the year but understand issues of being very dark when commuting to work with children waiting for busses or walking to school.  I think the "Farmers" arguments are null & void, they can get up and do work at whatever time they like.

Splitting the difference would be a nightmare.  It's difficult enough to figure out the time in Arizona and Hawaii.  For economic reasons we need to be somewhat on the world clock system.  I hear you on the kids walking to school in the dark.  

If the Mariners are playing Boston and I'm on the Left Coast I want to know to subtract 3 hours from the start time so I don't miss the Mariners whooping the Red Sox.

43 minutes ago, iacas said:

ou mean… how the topic was bumped by me last Weds. with this very thing? 🙂

OK, I am date challenged today. 

Stuart M.

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

17 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Splitting the difference would be a nightmare.  It's difficult enough to figure out the time in Arizona and Hawaii.  For economic reasons we need to be somewhat on the world clock system.  I hear you on the kids walking to school in the dark.  

If the Mariners are playing Boston and I'm on the Left Coast I want to know to subtract 3 hours from the start time so I don't miss the Mariners whooping the Red Sox.

If all US moved the 30 min then Pacific Time would still be 3 hours behind Eastern Time Zone.

the complication would be with other countries.

Edited by StuM
Corrected typo “UD” should be “US”

Stuart M.

• Administrator
34 minutes ago, StuM said:

If all US moved the 30 min then Pacific Time would still be 3 hours behind Eastern Time Zone.

the complication would be with other countries.

Which is a pain in the ass… particularly for those of us who can see one of those other countries from our home. 😛 

C'mon you're not that far from Canada either.

3 hours ago, iacas said:

Which is a pain in the ass… particularly for those of us who can see one of those other countries from our home. 😛 

C'mon you're not that far from Canada either.

Very true, Was not thinking about them (nothing personal), more thinking Europe, et .  I have to agree it would not work.

Stuart M.

Note: This thread is 774 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!