IGNORED

2017 Hero World Challenge Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 2336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

15 minutes ago, Ty_Webb said:

What if he's really back this time and today *was* his bad round...

That would be very welcome news.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger played well today... Other than the miscues on 9 and 15... His swing looked good. He putted reasonably well, a few chips were meh. But he doesn't look like he's laboring with his back. We saw the patented fist pump. 

I liked how Tommy Fleetwood played today. He looks like he's just out there for a Sunday stroll with his mates. 

I do need to see more of Tiger hitting the ball well like he did today. If he even shoots 9 or 10 under for the 72 holes, and finished Top 5, it would be a successful return... I'd love to see Tiger win, even if it is only against 17 other players. 

Wonder how much money he got for his skin on 10 :whistle:

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

That was a lot better than I expected.  Can I change my prediction from top 10 to top 5???  :-)

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Tiger looked good, especially considering how long he's been out of action. Spieth, my current favorite, put on a mini-charge at the end of the first round. How exciting would it be if both Tiger and Jordan would be in contention on Sunday? With a field of only 18, I know it's not that hard to be in contention, but still ... when was the last time we were so excited about a golf tournament in December? Looking forward to the weekend.

16 hours ago, onthehunt526 said:

If he even shoots 9 or 10 under for the 72 holes, and finished Top 5, it would be a successful return... I'd love to see Tiger win, even if it is only against 17 other players.

Top 5 in this group is a very high bar considering -3 or -4 was a 'typical' first round for the field.  I'd agree 9-10 under for 4 rounds, regardless of position in the field would be a blazing success - He'll get cleaner on the touch stuff as he competes more. 

I'd even say just being pain free and keeping that attitude for 4 rounds is the real criteria.  He was acting competitive and the frustration stuff flared up, but that 'grateful to be competing' happy and free thing is a clear difference vs the last 71 'comebacks'.  He keeps that, then he stays loose, and maybe he recovers some of the old magic.

If he just cleaned up two of those par 5s, he's could have been in the lead even....woulda coulda shoulda doesn't count though.  but the potential is clear.  That's pretty amazing already.

hey - on the plus side I bet he makes the cut (:-P)

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

5 minutes ago, MuniGrit said:

If your life depended on it, would you bet that more guys finish ahead of Tiger or more guys finish behind him?

I'd bet 8th or better over 9th or worse.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

Before that first round I'd have betted bottom half easily.

Now?  He seems to be holding his own with the 18, so it's a coin flip.  So with ties counting up, I'd go with 8th or better.

As for more people better or worse?  with ties in play, that's kind of a crap shoot bet that can mean nothing or a lot depending on how the scores are distributed....

It's only one round, let's see how the next day or so goes.

Edited by rehmwa

Bill - 

Looks like he is hitting a TM driver.  Anybody see what he was hitting for irons?  I kept pausing and couldn't see a name on them.

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

16 hours ago, Golfingdad said:

I dunno if I approve ... that sandwich is covered in dog piss. :-P

Well, there are three more rounds to go here, so this gif could prove true at some point :-D

Hopefully not though. 

• Like 1

Constantine

20 minutes ago, Vinny Cap said:

Looks like he is hitting a TM driver.  Anybody see what he was hitting for irons?  I kept pausing and couldn't see a name on them.

Last i heard i was still using the Nike blades he's used for a while. Apparently only his woods, putter and ball wer being changed. Could be wrong though.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Supposedly, he plays Taylormade/TGR irons and Bridgestone golf balls.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

1 minute ago, Yukari said:

Supposedly, he plays Taylormade/TGR irons and Bridgestone golf balls.

According to golf.com "It is unclear if those TGR irons are the clubs Woods and TaylorMade planned to develop together (or if they're older clubs simply stamped with the TGR logo), but they are certainly a new look for Woods’s bag."

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Note: This thread is 2336 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!