IGNORED

FlightScope Mevos - Buy Them Here

iacas
Note: This thread is 2163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

8 hours ago, iacas said:

2018-02-12 12.30.33.jpg

They'll ship to each of those who ordered later today! Everyone but @iSank should see them on Valentine's Day… and he'll see it a day later (oh, pooh, that's what he gets for living in Hawaii!!! :-D).

Right on! Just finished 23 holes today & may have to cancel my Thursday twilight if this arrives so I can hit the range.

mahalo @iacas!

Hi, I live on a small island in the Pacific Ocean.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone!

My valentines today are @klis10, @Vinsk, @Reesh, @bills80, and @bm85. @iSank lives in Hawaii, so his valentine will arrive tomorrow. And @georgep and @saevel25 will get theirs on Sunday.

Love you all! :-) Let's see some posts here when you get to your mailboxes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

4 hours ago, iacas said:

My valentines today are @klis10, @Vinsk, @Reesh, @bills80, and @bm85. @iSank lives in Hawaii, so his valentine will arrive tomorrow. And @georgep and @saevel25 will get theirs on Sunday.

Lol!! Oh we just love you to bunches Erik! Anxiously waiting by the mailbox!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awwwww Yeah.

mevo.thumb.jpg.bec4a1de2bc82d4ed11476a2e63f3153.jpg

Now to get rid of that snow in the background.

Thanks @iacas for offering this and for the super quick turnaround.  Much appreciated!  Can't wait to start testing it out!

Mike

In the bag:
Ping G30 Driver
x hot 3 wood
x hot 3, 4, 5 hybrids
Callaway XR irons
Cleveland RTX 54 and 58 wedges
Edel E-3 Torque balanced putter

6 hours ago, iacas said:

Well Happy Valentine’s Day! What “price of Paradise”? The usps over achieved here and one Mevo in my mailbox today. I appreciate the ball marker and the quick delivery Thank You Erik!

I picked up my Mevo from Erik today. The first thing that I notice is how small this thing is. Erik helped @georgep and I set up the Mevo. Then I took it for a bit of a test. I have to say, the Mevo is pretty awesome. The Mevo App is really simple and well done. I can't wait to use this at the range and the course. It will be really good to have some exact numbers for my yardages. I am already thinking of ways to use this for practicing. 

Here are the contents. 

IMG_1573.jpg

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

This thing is going to be fun and add some data verification to range sessions. Super simple to go from box to first use. Can’t wait to dig deeper.

Also glad to see my 200+ mph ball speed with a 6-iron displayed!

OK so this was clearly an erroneous result... cause not clear. There was a lot going on, and several Mevos in close proximity. The three other readings could have been drivers hit from the next mat over.

1F92EA05-4D9D-4401-8452-A993EC0DCF75.png

• Like 1

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Agreed @georgep I’ve been to the range 3xs since I got mine last week. It’s interesting to see good #’s with a good looking hit, and what numbers stick out when I make a bad shot. The bugga is tiny, easily fits in my pocket, and I am thinking of bringing it with me if I play tomorrow morning. 

Here’s to improvements!

• Thumbs Up 1

• iacas changed the title to FlightScope Mevos - Buy Them Here

Just awesome! Thanks for making this happen Erik! Quick and simple...can’t wait to give it a go!

7479C91B-5184-4FCD-AA74-DAF8904D478E.jpeg

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Since my first post was to put my name on a Mevo, thought my second post should include some feedback...

Big thanks to Erik for the great Valentine's Day treat. Just my luck, shortly after setting up the iPhone app and making sure everything was working, my two teenage boys swarmed me and wanted to take a "few" swings. An hour later, I was still awaiting my turn as my boys were still enthralled. We have a backyard setup with a 5x5 turf mat, and a net wall that is 3-7 yards from the mat (depending on iron and height being hit). I set the Mevo 4 feet behind the middle of the mat, and placed in on top of the box it came in to raise the height to the appropriate level. In the app, I initially set the unit to capture video, but was unable to get this function to work properly. With the voice feedback, everything worked great. We tried a few shots without using the metallic stickers, and then put them on 1-2 balls to see if any difference...honestly I couldn't see any. Suspect this could only be determined on the range with precise marked yardages. Also, most of our time so far has been at night and based on limited use, it seems the unit may perform better in the day than at night. 

So far, we have hit several hundred balls with the Mevo and have found it to pick up most, but not all swings. Thin shots tend to not get read, but the unit has no problem picking up the occasional hosel-rocket. We live in LA and have access to a range at our club, and look forward to seeing how it can favorably impact practice sessions on the range with full distance carry. Even with limited flight, this thing is really useful. I also need to figure out the video capture feature and see how that works.

Perhaps the coolest thing the technology enables is the endless possibility for games (drinking or otherwise). Last night, one of my sons and I played HORSE where we would have to call a distance with a given club...great way to spice up practice and even better since the old man is now up 1 game!

All in all, I really think the Mevo is far more than just a golf gadget for the lunatic-fringe or early adopter--or at least that's what I am telling myself!

Hope you all enjoy yours.

On 2/12/2018 at 3:06 PM, klineka said:
  1. @kpaulhus
  2. @klineka
  3. @divot dave
  4. open
  5. open
  6. open
  7. open
  8. open
  9. open
  10. open

Probably mid-March or so? Signing up is just a way to keep apprised of things, it doesn't absolutely commit you to buying.

I might not be ready to buy until the summer but we'll see what happens. Dang student loans are severely limiting my golf budget :pound:

back from a long hiatus... B-)

IN MY BAG
Driver: Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver
3 Wood: Calloway RAZR Hawk
Hybrid: Ping 19*
Irons: Mizuno JPX 825
Wedges: 52, 56 Cleveland
Putter: Odyssey White Ice

• Administrator
2 hours ago, nabzi said:

I'm interested in this.. is this available to ship to UK and what are the costs?

Thanks

@b101 can tell you. I think it added about $20 to the cost (I don't make much on them, less than minimum wage, and just charge cost for shipping). Send me a PM, but if you're pretty interested, add your name to the list.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

5 hours ago, iacas said:

@b101 can tell you. I think it added about $20 to the cost (I don't make much on them, less than minimum wage, and just charge cost for shipping). Send me a PM, but if you're pretty interested, add your name to the list.

@nabzi - definitely worth doing. Felt like it took ages to arrive, partly due to mine travelling over Christmas, and expect a small charge from Parcelforce (mine was £19 in the end as their standard 'handling fee') but it's the best way to do it. Erik was also great with keeping me updated and just helping check where the parcel was.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator
  1. @kpaulhus
  2. @klineka
  3. @divot dave
  4. @nabzi
  5. open
  6. open
  7. open
  8. open
  9. open
  10. open

Just giving this a little bump to see if we can't get to 8 or so - enough for me to place an order.

Note: This thread is 2163 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!