IGNORED

FlightScope Mevos - Buy Them Here

iacas
Note: This thread is 2161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm getting one. 100 yards and in won't be a glaring weakness next year :banana:

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Shindig said:

Ah, this isn't a regular offering.  Then I need to decide sooner.  I'll look into the footprint -- hopefully I don't miss something super obvious like I did with the other thing.

No, I'll have them going again in January. No need to rush.

Right now they've still not yet set up their reseller stuff. They hope to have that in 30 days or so. They're doing a single bulk order for me now prior to that program being set up because I've pestered them a little. :-)

So you can still do it in mid January or so.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

21 hours ago, saevel25 said:

I am going to pass right now. I would be more interested in spring when I can actually use it. 

Yeah...I'm in the same boat.  It's silly, because it's not like it matters if I spend the $$$ now or later, but buying something that I know is going to sit on the shelf for months seems odd.

There is a 100% chance that I buy one next year, though.  I'm particularly interested in using it to tune my partial wedges.

- John

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Hardspoon said:

Yeah...I'm in the same boat.  It's silly, because it's not like it matters if I spend the $$$ now or later, but buying something that I know is going to sit on the shelf for months seems odd.

There is a 100% chance that I buy one next year, though.  I'm particularly interested in using it to tune my partial wedges.

You go to the range, though, John. And don't you, btw, @saevel25, during the winter?

Doesn't matter to me. I'm not making money here… and in fact I'm already putting several thousand dollars on a credit card here, so… fine by me if you want to wait. :-)

Those who don't want to wait, though, I'm calling and ordering tomorrow morning, probably before Tiger plays.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

38 minutes ago, iacas said:

You go to the range, though, John. And don't you, btw, @saevel25, during the winter?

This is why I'm getting it now. Supposed to be a mild winter for NJ so I'm hoping for plenty of opportunities to use it.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, iacas said:

No, I'll have them going again in January. No need to rush.

Awesome, I'll look into it then too.  I'll see how hitting balls in the room ends up too.  Thanks.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

I will have to wait until after Christmas. I'm spending too much money already plus I would like some thing with some winter games, like the more advanced flightscopes. This might be able to do this in the future by the looks of it.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

• Administrator

Looks like I'm ordering on Monday. They're having their Christmas party today. :-P

22 minutes ago, iacas said:

Looks like I'm ordering on Monday. They're having their Christmas party today. :-P

Hmmm...that will give me some time to change my mind...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ha - shame. Glad I've placed the order so I don't have to waste time deliberating on something I was always going to buy eventually...!

I never actually worked out, by the way, does it have any sort of normalising function for range balls or is the discrepancy just not worth worrying about? I guess it would be difficult due to variable quality of range balls, but I have seen the function on ProTracer bays, so wondered how that works whilst keeping the data useful.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, b101 said:

Ha - shame. Glad I've placed the order so I don't have to waste time deliberating on something I was always going to buy eventually...!

I never actually worked out, by the way, does it have any sort of normalising function for range balls or is the discrepancy just not worth worrying about? I guess it would be difficult due to variable quality of range balls, but I have seen the function on ProTracer bays, so wondered how that works whilst keeping the data useful.

It doesn't, because it doesn't measure the whole flight. It measures the first bit and then determines the rest.

So… the end result is that there's not a ton bad about that. It also means it's not affected, really, by hitting balls into or downwind. It'll tell you what the ball would have done.

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

It doesn't, because it doesn't measure the whole flight. It measures the first bit and then determines the rest.

So… the end result is that there's not a ton bad about that. It also means it's not affected, really, by hitting balls into or downwind. It'll tell you what the ball would have done.

Thanks, really helpful to know and makes me even happier about the purchase!

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Order placed for ten (all spoken for) today. If you have not yet worked out details on how to get the money to me, please do so soon.

Thank you.

If they arrive by the end of the week I will try my best to get them mailed out. I leave on Sunday for FL for some PGA stuff, though.

16 minutes ago, iacas said:

Order placed for ten (all spoken for) today. If you have not yet worked out details on how to get the money to me, please do so soon.

Thank you.

If they arrive by the end of the week I will try my best to get them mailed out. I leave on Sunday for FL for some PGA stuff, though.

Sweet! I'm in no hurry, so if you don't get mine out, no worries. Weather supposed to get cold soon and I sprained my left middle finger on Thanksgiving so I can't really hold a club for a full swing for a little while longer anyways.

Bill

My Swing Thread

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Thank you.

Outstanding news - thank you!

• Administrator

They arrive Friday. I'll try to get them packaged up for distribution on Saturday.

@mvmac, @Ty_Webb, and @boogielicious, please send along a payment here soon.

7 minutes ago, iacas said:

They arrive Friday. I'll try to get them packaged up for distribution on Saturday.

@mvmac, @Ty_Webb, and @boogielicious, please send along a payment here soon.

Thanks!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

On 12/4/2017 at 10:42 AM, iacas said:

Thank you.

Awesome. Just as it's starting to get cold and transition to indoors. I'll try and post Mevo generated vids in the MySwing thread.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Note: This thread is 2161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!