IGNORED

Your Golf Game - The Uplifting Topic

iacas

After my handicap rose to a point that I was assessed a "soft cap", I got a couple of lessons from one of our assistant pros. He saw a few things that I needed to fix with my iron play and it is really was kind of an easy fix, but it required some serious time on the range to develop some new muscle memory. The first couple of rounds after the lessons were an adventure, with some time in that awful area between what you have been doing and what you are trying to do. But I am beginning to trust the changes and my last two rounds were my best two rounds of the season. The pro took a look at my swing on the range this morning and just smiled. Now about that putting . . . 

Bill M

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...
19 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Pain in my shoulder turned out to be a torn labrum. This would explain my horrible play all summer. FML.

Dang! Surgery or just rest?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Dang! Surgery or just rest?

Surgery. Dr wants me to try lifting and golf again just to make sure those are the triggers, but yeah....getting old sucks!!!

Colin P.

51 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Surgery. Dr wants me to try lifting and golf again just to make sure those are the triggers, but yeah....getting old sucks!!!

Listen her you young whippersnapper, you were born in 1978, I do not believe that gives you the right to complain about getting old yet! IMO you need to wait until age 55+ to complain! 🤪

Seriously though, good luck with the shoulder, that is not fun at any age.

Stuart M.

I am a "SCRATCH GOLFER".  I hit ball, Ball hits Tree, I scratch my head. 😜

Driver: Ping G410 Plus 10.5* +1* / 3 Hybrid: Cleveland HIBORE XLS / 4,5 & 6 Hybrids: Mizuno JP FLI-HI / Irons/Wedges 7-8-9-P-G: Mizuno JPX800 HD / Sand Wedge: Mizuno JPX 800 / Lob Wedge: Cleveland CBX 60* / Putter: Odyssey White Hot OG 7S / Balls: Srixon Soft / Beer: Labatt Blue (or anything nice & cold) 

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Scott

My Swing Thread

6 hours ago, StuM said:

Listen her you young whippersnapper, you were born in 1978, I do not believe that gives you the right to complain about getting old yet! IMO you need to wait until age 55+ to complain! 🤪

Seriously though, good luck with the shoulder, that is not fun at any age.

1979, actually. I corrected my profile. :)

3 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

No horrible pain today, but.... I felt it starting to get loose/unstable around hole 14 like it was coming out of the socket, which means it's prolly gonna be screaming tonight. Ugh.

Colin P.

6 minutes ago, colin007 said:

1979, actually. I corrected my profile. 🙂

No horrible pain today, but.... I felt it starting to get loose/unstable around hole 14 like it was coming out of the socket, which means it's prolly gonna be screaming tonight. Ugh.

Ice Baby Ice!

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went out over the weekend. Drove poorly. Dead pulls on the front kept me scrambling. Good iron play and no 3 putts kept me in the hunt. 81.  Brother still beat me but it wasn't as ugly as it could have been.

On 10/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, Nail said:

We had our final round of the Golfer of the year, monthly medal at the weekend, so your best 6 rounds out of 9 are added together and I'm delighted to say I am our clubs Golfer of the year for this year. I won by about 11 strokes. I want to thank @iacas and @mvmacbecause it is in no small way down to the instruction thread on this forum that my game has come on aswell as the 30 day practice plan from april 2020 that I frequently go back to. My handicap went from 16.3 in May to 11.1 in September. Thanks guys, great forum here 👍

CONGRATULATIONS! 😀

• Like 5

:tmade: Stealth HD Driver :tmade: M4 3w :tmade: Stealth+ Rescue Hybrid 2

:tmade: P790 2i UDI :tmade: P790 3i-PW :tmade: MG3 52° AW ...56° CUTTER Wedge

...and a lefty L.A.B. B2 putter. :-)

• Administrator
On 10/5/2021 at 11:46 AM, Nail said:

I'm delighted to say I am our clubs Golfer of the year for this year. I won by about 11 strokes

Congratu-f***ing-lations!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well with some recent changes in my life lately, I have barely been able to play proper rounds lately since July. However, I still have been able to hit the range and my driver practice really came through with my first ever Off-the-Tee round getting below scratch for 9 holes, with all par4/5 tee shots having a clear path to the green.

Having said that, with such little playing time Ive lost my short game touch and maybe should have spent some range time working on chips.

Just really happy to see what my driving has become this year with some work and a more forgiving driver. (TM M2 to Ping G410 Max)

I know next year will be a better year with more time to play.

https://www.gamegolf.com/player/cutchemist42/round/3115186

Strokes Gained.PNG

Edited by cutchemist42

Well....finally got out to play my first round after yeeeears.  I have been to the range a few times before, but yesterday was my first.  My putting was awful..surprinsingly I was driving pretty well..but the putting just killed me..no touch or feel..either blowing it by or way short.  Iron play was decent, but more hooks than normal.  

I was hitting good drives then all of a sudden felt this pain in my right elbow area (not the elbow joint but the muscle area on the inside forearm)..damn..it was getting worse and worse..fudge.  

The last hole was a 190 yard par 3..fairly long for me for a par 3.  I decided to take out the 5 iron and replace with the 5 hybrid.  I ended up hitting probably the best shot of the round for me and landed on the green about 3 feet away for birdie..ended up tap  in par.  

Resting up for a few days to see how it goes..either way had a good time.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...