IGNORED

2018 Valspar Golf Championship in Tampa, FL

kpaulhus
Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

PGA TOUR LIVE will offer live streaming coverage starting at 6:45 a.m. ET on Thursday and Friday; the stream can be accessed on Twitter from 6:45 a.m. to approximately 8:15 a.m. ET. Golf Channel’s coverage begins at 2 p.m., while PGA TOUR Radio will air live play-by-play starting at noon ET.

Featured Group 4:

Jordan Spieth (52), Henrik Stenson (81), Tiger Woods (132) – The last time Woods was paired with Spieth at a PGA TOUR event was in the second round of the 2015 Waste Management Phoenix Open. It’s probably a round Tiger would rather forget, as he shot 82 that day. He’s in a much better place now with his golf game, as he comes off a 12th-place finish at The Honda Classic. This will be the first time since 2014 that he’s been paired with Stenson, who has played well here in his three starts. Spieth, of course, won Valspar in 2015. Friday tee time on PGA TOUR LIVE: 7:56 a.m. ET.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Video of interview w/Woods

Keep my legs for pitching? Non answer on the fusion.

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1RDGldpXzBoGL

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I like the pairing Tiger got in the first two rounds. There will more than likely be a ton of live coverage on Friday of Tiger, Spieth, and Stenson.

I don't know how the Copperhead Course plays like for Tiger. I'm not going to try to predict his first two rounds. I think him playing this week, is a warm-up for next week.

On to Rory, I don't know what has gone wrong with him the past 3 or 4 tournaments. Ever since he finished 2nd in Dubai, he's done literally nothing. Tiger has done more than Rory in the last three tournaments. Rory needs to find it in a hurry, especially if he wants to have a chance to complete the career grand slam in four weeks time.

It depends on how Tiger starts, but if he can play "The Snake Pit" (16, 17, and 18 if you don't know). Better than he played "The Bear Trap" he is a dark horse to win this week.

What's in Shane's Bag?     

Ball: 2022 :callaway: Chrome Soft Triple Track Driver: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond 8° MCA Kai’li 70s FW: :callaway:Paradym Triple Diamond  H: :callaway: Apex Pro 21 20°I (3-PW) :callaway: Apex 21 UST Recoil 95 (3), Recoil 110 (4-PW). Wedges: :callaway: Jaws Raw 50°, 54°, 60° UST Recoil 110 Putter: :odyssey: Tri-Hot 5K Triple Wide 35”

I would think Eldrick Tonk Woods has a good chance for a high finish. The "Snake Pit" is tough but it's not really that bad (unless the wind blowing sideways). I have played the course many times and I guess I don't think it's really all that hard. As a matte of fact, I have always liked the Island course better.

By the way I'm going to be Yelling "Eldrick Woods" all day Saturday. Let me know if anyone hears me. I'm working on a $50.00 bet to get thrown out. I have some other material also.

My bag:

Taylor Made R7 (x-stiff).
Taylor Made Burner 2 irons (stiff)
Cleveland Wedges (gap and 60)
Odyssey two ball putter (white) 

Woods -1 on 3rd hole now

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

WOW!  Nearly holed that shot!  Hit the flag stick and stopped a couple of feet away.

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Steve

Who is that idiot?  They should kick him out!

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Steve

7 hours ago, Bucki1968 said:

I would think Eldrick Tonk Woods has a good chance for a high finish. The "Snake Pit" is tough but it's not really that bad (unless the wind blowing sideways). I have played the course many times and I guess I don't think it's really all that hard. As a matte of fact, I have always liked the Island course better.

By the way I'm going to be Yelling "Eldrick Woods" all day Saturday. Let me know if anyone hears me. I'm working on a $50.00 bet to get thrown out. I have some other material also.

His middle name is Tont. If you're gonna use it, spell it correctly.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colin P.

-2!

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Steve

Tiger's playing pretty well so far. Missed a few irons, but off the tee has been good.

And just as I'm typing this he misses the putt on 12.

Stenson and Spieth aren't looking too sharp out there.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Tiger demonstrated something I've both known and explained to people for a long time: you can still mishit an iron off the tee. Laying up is not necessarily a solution to poor driving.

Hell of a recovery shot.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Yeow. Anyone remember that 4 iron he snapped in half? Don't remember which tournament.

If I were a spectator, I'd be eagle eyeing that club ricochet like nobody's business.

Steve

That's a birdie

Steve

Note: This thread is 2235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!