IGNORED

2018 Arnold Palmer Invitational

colin007
Note: This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Great final round by Bryson too, but he got unlucky with the day Rory decided to turn it to 11.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Zeph said:

Great final round by Bryson too, but he got unlucky with the day Rory decided to turn it to 11.

TRU DAT. The kid showed up big  today. I'm officially a SLIG fan now.

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Bryson and Henrik average the middle of the fairway! 

Just now, GrandStranded said:

I'm officially a SLIG fan now.

What is SLIG?

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Just now, Shindig said:

Bryson and Henrik average the middle of the fairway! 

What is SLIG?

@iacas clued me about it yesterday. C'mon, you can get it... awright, it's Single Length Iron Guy

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

Single Length Iron Guy

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Just now, GrandStranded said:

@iacas clued me about it yesterday. C'mon, you can get it... awright, it's Single Length Iron Guy

Just now, Zeph said:

Single Length Iron Guy

Thank you, you two.  I do know that's how he has his irons, I don't think I would have come up with it without a major hint.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Air density and angle of descent? Just hit it.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

GG Rory.

-- Michael | My swing! 

1 minute ago, iacas said:

Air density and angle of descent? Just hit it.

He might be a SLIG but he doesn't KISS

Another week, another great tourney finish. Stenson was very good all week but faded a little at the end and DeChambeau played really well all week; I was already a fan of Bryson because he is so unique, but I got more appreciation for how good he is this week. And then Rory just caught fire finishing 5 under the last 6, long time since we've seen him play at such a high level. Dan Hicks said "Maybe the best finish we've ever seen here at Bay Hill". Hard to argue with that.

• Like 1

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

5 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Another week, another great tourney finish. Stenson was very good all week but faded a little at the end and DeChambeau played really well all week; I was already a fan of Bryson because he is so unique, but I got more appreciation for how good he is this week. And then Rory just caught fire finishing 5 under the last 6, long time since we've seen him play at such a high level. Dan Hicks said "Maybe the best finish we've ever seen here at Bay Hill". Hard to argue with that.

-8 last 11. I would think so...

congrats for Rory, ....and Bryson Dechambeau must be doing some right thing (right swing maybe?) to become this far in relatively short time. 

Edited by efdeel74

Journey of My Moe Norman's Inspired Golf Swing. Yes I know, it is going to be ROUGH journey.

Driver : MacGregor Mactec NVG.............(2005 model, cheapest forgiving driver that I can bought)

3 Wood : Ena Golf...................................(?year? cheap one but I like the impact)

7 Wood : XXIO.........................................(2005 model, from my dad)

5 Rescue : Tourstage ViQ........................(2008 model)

Irons : XXIO MP200.................................(2003 model, from my dad)

Wedge : Cleveland Becu 56 deg.............(cheapest old wedge that I can bought)

My self taught Swing Theard : My Swing (efdeel74)

Heck of a round from Rory. I was thinking over the last 12 months that he was more or less done. Clearly I forgot that Rory is capable of looking mediocre for weeks/months on end only to turn around out of nowhere and look like the best player on the planet.

• Like 1

Congrats to Twisty! 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Like 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

48 minutes ago, skydog said:

Heck of a round from Rory. I was thinking over the last 12 months that he was more or less done. Clearly I forgot that Rory is capable of looking mediocre for weeks/months on end only to turn around out of nowhere and look like the best player on the planet.

He might be the streakiest player ever. His "A" game is as good as anyone who has ever picked up a club, but he seems to lose it for various stretches...then finds it all of a sudden for a few months...loses it again, etc. But his timing is great here. He needs a green jacket for that career Grand Slam. He found a hot putter at just the right time to make a serious run at Augusta. 

Man, how much fun was that final round? Had to watch most of it on my phone, unfortunately, because I told a friend I'd help lay out a hardwood floor, but it was still really dope! Tiger looked great, Rory burned the course down, and Bryson did Bryson things. 

I actually really like SLIG, even if I don't necessarily agree with his conclusions. He embraces tech and mechanics, and succeeds. 

No Tiger till the Masters, I'm sure. He and Rory going head to head on the back nine would be a nice way to start off the major season. 

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Note: This thread is 2221 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!