IGNORED

Shotmakers - New Golf Television Competition at Topgolf

billchao
Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just saw 10 minutes on youtube. Here in Argentina i think topoGolf not exists.
Girls are pritty, Crowd it´s anoying and the Game it´s so much boring to watch.
Thumbs down for this one, i will never watch it again.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tune in to this here and there yet every time I do I’m thinking...yeah I’ve seen this one. Boring. Much prefer binging YouTube Masters final rounds.

• Like 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

8 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

I just saw 10 minutes on youtube. Here in Argentina i think topoGolf not exists.

Not trying to be mean.  Just a little ESL editing help.  Writing the correct version of the sentences below.  I did not write a copy of all of your post.

Here in Argentina TopGolf does not exist.

The girls are pretty, but the crowd is annoying and the game is very boring.  (You could say, "is very boring to watch", but that's not as good)

Thumbs down for this one.  I will never watch it again.  – Technically this is correct with a period.  But no one ever says "I will never" in this context.  The better way to say it is "I won't watch it again".

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

19 hours ago, p1n9183 said:

Thread hijack - I'm curious about golf in Argentina. I've always been a big fan of Angel Cabrera and I've often wondered what is happening with Andres Romero? Also, most of us who study golf history remember the great Roberto De Vicenzo and what happened to him at the 1968 Masters. What a shame that was.  He could have had two majors since he did win 1967 The Open Championship.

Edited by Hoganman1

12 hours ago, mdl said:

Not trying to be mean.  Just a little ESL editing help.  Writing the correct version of the sentences below.  I did not write a copy of all of your post.

Here in Argentina TopGolf does not exist.

The girls are pretty, but the crowd is annoying and the game is very boring.  (You could say, "is very boring to watch", but that's not as good)

Thumbs down for this one.  I will never watch it again.  – Technically this is correct with a period.  But no one ever says "I will never" in this context.  The better way to say it is "I won't watch it again".

Thank u for the effort, but i´m a lost case. I already posted 300+ post with bad spelling and grammar. 

1 hour ago, Hoganman1 said:

Thread hijack - I'm curious about golf in Argentina. I've always been a big fan of Angel Cabrera and I've often wondered what is happening with Andres Romero? Also, most of us who study golf history remember the great Roberto De Vicenzo and what happened to him at the 1968 Masters. What a shame that was.  He could have had two majors since he did win 1967 The Open Championship.

Golf here in argentina isn´t as popular as it is in the united states. Sports like Futbol, tennis, basketball, volley, rugby, passion for car racing, hockey and many others are more popular than golf. 
We have a different handicap system and course rating procedure which are worst than yours.
It is maybe and elite sport because of the expensive the clubs and all the equipment are, a little bit more than twice the price in the US.  
As amateur you have scratch competitions but there´s no team on the university to train and compete for a better development as a future pro player. 
In pro level, you can starve to death with the money prices the tournament´s have. Your only chance it´s to qualify and play in the PGA Latinoamerica.
Yes Roberto De Vicenzo was the best player in our history, he died last year. It was a pitty that he signed his card with one stroke more than he did. As i remember that will put him into play off, not winning, half a major maybe?
Angel Cabrera was a great player without the comitment to live for golf. Andres "Pigu" Romero it´s another good player that never reached PGA Tour, i think he have mental weakness. Today the best player we had it´s Grillo, he´s an amazing ball striking player and around the green but he is so bad with the putter, that keep him away from winning again on tour. 
Thread hijack end!     

On 4/24/2018 at 1:06 PM, p1n9183 said:

Thank u for the effort, but i´m a lost case. I already posted 300+ post with bad spelling and grammar. 

Golf here in argentina isn´t as popular as it is in the united states. Sports like Futbol, tennis, basketball, volley, rugby, passion for car racing, hockey and many others are more popular than golf. 
We have a different handicap system and course rating procedure which are worst than yours.
It is maybe and elite sport because of the expensive the clubs and all the equipment are, a little bit more than twice the price in the US.  
As amateur you have scratch competitions but there´s no team on the university to train and compete for a better development as a future pro player. 
In pro level, you can starve to death with the money prices the tournament´s have. Your only chance it´s to qualify and play in the PGA Latinoamerica.
Yes Roberto De Vicenzo was the best player in our history, he died last year. It was a pitty that he signed his card with one stroke more than he did. As i remember that will put him into play off, not winning, half a major maybe?
Angel Cabrera was a great player without the comitment to live for golf. Andres "Pigu" Romero it´s another good player that never reached PGA Tour, i think he have mental weakness. Today the best player we had it´s Grillo, he´s an amazing ball striking player and around the green but he is so bad with the putter, that keep him away from winning again on tour. 
Thread hijack end!     

Thanks for all the information. I actually forgot about Grillo. He shows up on leaderboards quite often. I know Winter is coming in South America. Hopefully you live somewhere that doesn't get too cold. Play well my friend!

I've now watched several episodes of this and it's not too bad.  I was really rooting for the former soldier who lost his leg in combat - he's pretty darn good.  These Topgolf facilities seem to be drawing lots of interest - kind of like golf in a bowling alley environment.  It shouldn't be too long before we have one here in Montana.

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

Ok...gave it another shot...annnnnnnnd it’s still boring. Boring competitors, boring format ..every shot looks the same. And, if I have to hear another girl say ‘they’re all my bast frands’ I’ll shoot myself. Done for good with this one.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
3 hours ago, fishgolf said:

I've now watched several episodes of this and it's not too bad.

No, it's at least that bad.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, iacas said:

No, it's at least that bad.

Well, on the plus side is that this is likely to bring more folks into the game that otherwise might not have considered giving golf a try.  For those in golf industry businesses, that's a good thing. 

Callaway Razr-Fit 8.5 Driver | Callaway GBB Warbird 3W | PingEye 2 Irons (2-PW) | McGregor Jack Nicklaus SW | Ping B61 Putter

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

Well, on the plus side is that this is likely to bring more folks into the game that otherwise might not have considered giving golf a try.  For those in golf industry businesses, that's a good thing. 

The show is NOT doing that.

No way.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

55 minutes ago, fishgolf said:

One, no one but a golfer would even try to watch this. I do not see some housewife saying, "Hey, I want to watch that show about people hitting golf balls." That's just never going to happen. 

Two, even if a non golfer turned the channel and accidentally found this god awful show NO WAY would it make anyone want to give it a try.

It's funny this got brought up as I turned on the TV over the weekend and Shotmakers was on. My wife, who has never held a club in her life, was sitting with me and we watched a couple minutes and she looked at me and asked if anyone found this entertaining. She had the same issues with it as I do, horrible commentating, the crowd is obnoxious, the discussions with the players are ridiculous. The show is just a mess, hopefully this is a one and done show for the Golf Channel and they go back to the drawing board.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

This thread has a lot of hate and funny posts.  Very amusing.  I did DVR it and watched most of it and would have to mostly agree with the general opinion... pretty boring, horrible commentary, boring trench after trench shot and hot golfer girls!

Imagine the New Hell for bad golfers.... Watching Shotmakers over and over for eternity!!!!

AHHHHH!!!!!:scared:

Driver: :callaway: Diablo
Woods: :callaway: Big Bertha 2 & 4
Irons: Miura MC 102's 3 - PW & Mizuno MP 67's 3 - W
Wedges: :mizuno: MP-R12 52* & 58*
Putters: :ping: WRX Ti4

43 minutes ago, NM Golf said:

hopefully this is a one and done show for the Golf Channel and they go back to the drawing board.

oh gosh no!!

GC has now had a string of several 'series' that are pretty much info-mercials that just might damage the very sponsors that thought they could buy themselves market.  (first the blatant resort ad, then the clubmakers ad, now the driving range ad)

Bill - 

The very worst thing, and it's a long list to choose from, about this show is hyped up crowd. 

The cheering for a fat smothered wedge from 85 yards from one of the so-called elite players is exactly the same as the cheering for a piped driver at the center post.  Big Break was much better. No fake  applause and of course the always 1 or 2 a-holes to keep things interesting.

Note: This thread is 2137 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!