IGNORED

2018 Masters Tournament Discussion Topic

iacas
Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2018 Masters  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the 2018 Masters?

• Tiger
    • Jordan, Dustin, or Rory
    • Someone else in the OWGR Top 15
    • Someone not listed above
  2. 2. Where does Tiger finish?

• First
    • Top 5
    • Top 10
    • Top 20
    • Makes cut, nowhere near contention
    • MC

I am very familiar with this experience of hitting a lovely drive, ballsing up the next two shots, and sloping off to the next tee with a bogie. It's just a bit odd to see it from Tiger Woods.

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

leaving 93 yards.

And will soon be five back. Booooo. Lousy shot from 93.

Looks about how I do from 93 yards :whistle:

I am very familiar with this experience of hitting a lovely drive, ballsing up the next two shots, and sloping off to the next tee with a bogie. It's just a bit odd to see it from Tiger Woods.

Same ^^^

Edited by klineka

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Horrible.

You can't make that mistake long and left. Lousy.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

He's just not used to playing from the fairway on 1. Made him uncomfortable.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

That was awful by Phil. Why not just bump and run?

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :titleist: ProV1x Left Dash

As bad a decision as Phil's pitch on 9 was, that one was worse. He just can't play the safe shot.

Ok, in fairness, that's rapid.

Edited by b101

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Jesus, Tiger. Way to hit a great tee shot for once and still find a way to make bogey. He can make par from the middle of the trees, but give him a 100 yard wedge and it's bogeyville.

Good news is a lot of the others out there are struggling, but that was a poor start. Not the confidence boost he could've gotten from a birdie putt and at worst a nice par. 

• Like 1

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
1 minute ago, b101 said:

Ok, as bad a decision as Phil's pitch on 9 was, that one was worse. He just can't play the safe shot.

That almost was the safe shot. Look at how the second flop worked out.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Just now, iacas said:

That almost was the safe shot. Look at how the second flop worked out.

There's just no good leave on 11 today. Brutal pin position.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator

Probably hit it 220 off #2. Hit the tree while the ball was still pretty high in the air.

Maybe he can lay up to 93. We know he likes that yardage. :-P

Just 13 players out of 78 on the course are under par today. Wow.

• Like 1

• Administrator

I was wrong. He hit it 231. Has 330 remaining.

Tiger's talking about "north of 120" with his driver, but still only got that 231 yards. :-P

Let's see if he'll be able to make another par on a par five here. He's put himself in a good position to do it off the tee.

Boy. Phil is really piling it on out there.

Edited by Zeph

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Cameron Smith looks like he should be in the Drive, Chip and Putt

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

1 hour ago, No Handicap said:

But had Tiger done it and people made fun, you would be livid.

I'm impressed.  You have been here about a minute and a half, haven't figured out the complicated reply system, yet can predict how a long time member would react to a hypothetical.

21 minutes ago, iacas said:

THE FAIRWAY!!!!

Off the first tee!

And not because it bounced off a tree trunk!

Saved that one for #2.  :-(

• Like 1

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Zeph said:

Tiger's talking about "north of 120" with his driver, but still only got that 231 yards. :-P

Maybe he should try hitting up on it. ;-)

Decent recovery there from Tiger. Rory is about to face that Mickelson pitch on 11. 

You have to feel at the moment that anyone finishing under par today will be happy.

• Administrator

The farthest on the course among the leaders is through 11 holes at -3. And Kuchar is not in a great spot on 12…

The course is sucking them dry today.

A U.S. Open has broken out!

• Like 1

Note: This thread is 2228 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!