IGNORED

2018 U.S. Open at Shinnecock Hills

iacas
Note: This thread is 2124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Tiger is f***ed.

No! No! Tiger can play the wind...he’ll love the challenge and go -4 opening round! 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tiger could catch break if wind is so bad they suspend play. That course will be unplayable in 30mph gusts. The projected wind direction goes right down the slope of the 7th green. That hole won’t be able to hold balls.

Edited by ChrisP

1 hour ago, Gerald ladig said:

How did Tiger rate to get to play with the number one and number two players in the world?

Lol! Yeah ok. Great question. It’s fine if you just don’t like Tiger, but don’t attempt to devalue his accomplishments or place in the golf world. You’d just be making an ass of yourself. Go start your Ben Crane or Danny Willet fan club and spare us all the nonsense.

1A4D5037-638D-47E3-A4DF-92780FECC2E3.jpeg

Edited by Vinsk
Stats meant for US OPEN

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, MrGolfguy67 said:

Tigs?

There's this guy named Tiger Woods. He plays golf now and then…

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have an unsettling feeling Stenson is gonna shoot low. I don’t dislike him but I’m just not a huge fan...kinda too robot like for me. I know he trys to be funny and doesn’t try too hard like Peter Jacobsen (not funny), but I think he’s a strong threat.

12 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I have an unsettling feeling Stenson is gonna shoot low. I don’t dislike him but I’m just not a huge fan...kinda too robot like for me. I know he trys to be funny and doesn’t try too hard like Peter Jacobsen (not funny), but I think he’s a strong threat.

I agree he is a strong threat. Leads tour in fwy accuracy and GIRs...a pretty good combination anywhere but especially at a US Open I would think. 

Fleetwood was my danger guy this week but don’t like his tee time. PM guys tomorrow could get screwed. Worst part is the wind on Friday is projected to be bad only in morning. Hoping for Tiger to contend, though.

Keep an eye on Branden Grace. He’s got some good major championship finishes and is quietly playing well.

Edited by ChrisP

• Administrator
5 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

Tiger is thru without any med.

He cannot play a full 72 holes without meds!

Right on.

We will just ignore the right times he’s done it this season so far…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

20 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

Please cite your evidence for this nonsense.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

22 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

Neither can a lot of the guys out there. I couldn’t play 72 holes without some Naproxen. Oh...Tiger uses Ibuprofen ...big story there.

21 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Fleetwood was my danger guy this week but don’t like his tee time. PM guys tomorrow could get screwed. Worst part is the wind on Friday is projected to be bad only in morning. Hoping for Tiger to contend, though.

Keep an eye on Branden Grace. He’s got some good major championship finishes and is quietly playing well.

Yeah Grace can post a good score. He was threatening at Chambers until he hit that drive ob over the fence right?

5 minutes ago, Gerald ladig said:

My favorite is Rory.

Roller Coaster Rory? Depends on which game he brings for sure. And the short putts..could kill him At Shinnecock.

2 hours ago, iacas said:

There's this guy named Tiger Woods. He plays golf now and then…

Do you call him Tigs? I've never seen or heard anyone call him Tigs.

Carry on my wayward drive

There'll be pars when you are done

Lay your weary wedge to rest

Don't you shank no more 

10 hours ago, ChrisP said:

They said on TGC up to 30mph tomorrow. Remember it’s a seaside course so many times it’s going to be higher than what they say for the town. Davis hinted today about possible suspension if it’s bad. Hope it won’t be that bad, though. Also hope there’s not going to be a huge advantage for morning guys over afternoon guys. Hate when half the field gets screwed. Could be tough for Tiger.

Ah, that makes it worse. Here's the current forecast. Tiger is definitely going out there when the wind is predicted to be at its highest, but everyone will be out there in 13+ mph winds. The early players are getting the best conditions. Since it's seaside, there might be more gusts, which are difficult to predict and can come while the player is getting ready to take the shot.

weather2.png

On Friday it's the opposite. The early tee times gets the wind, while the last groups will play in much calmer conditions. Tiger pretty much got the worst tee times you can this Thursday and Friday. Especially Thursday could be a day about trying to avoid too many dropped shots, rather than shooting anything low.

weather3.png

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Note: This thread is 2124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!