IGNORED

2018 Memorial Tournament Presented by Nationwide

Frank-0-Sport
Note: This thread is 2161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

I don’t really have a good feel on who who will make the last day run, but I see Tigs in the top 5, if he can at least have a average day on the greens. 

Tiger's finish will have major huge implications re: OWGR. I've seen a tweet or something that if he wins he's top 30, but even top 50 or so will get him into the WGC at Firestone (the last one to be held there).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

4 minutes ago, iacas said:

Tiger's finish will have major huge implications re: OWGR. I've seen a tweet or something that if he wins he's top 30, but even top 50 or so will get him into the WGC at Firestone (the last one to be held there).

Seeing him at Firestone one last time would be pretty cool. 

• Administrator

• Thumbs Up 1

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

I hadn't heard about this: http://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/23680828/bud-cauley-injured-accident-following-second-round-memorial

Bud Cauley was injured in a car accident following the second round of the Memorial Tournament in Dublin, Ohio, on Friday, the golfer's management firm, IMG, told Golf Channel.

According to the report, Cauley was hospitalized with five broken ribs, a collapsed lung and a fractured lower left leg. He was a passenger in the vehicle when the accident occurred at about 11 p.m.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Broken ribs, ouch.

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

“It's end range of motion work,” he said. “I'm not going to give too much away, but it's got to do with anatomical limits of your body and how you can best utilize them for your proprioception. How about that?”

- Dechambeau.

I’m just not a fan at all. Shut up and play. He’s not a scientist. He appears to me as more a Ralph Kramden of golf.

This. Not sure about how it is with Fox/CBS coverage, but it's even worse for us when literally every time he's on camera you get some reference to him being 'a scientist'/'a golfing scientist'/'a golfing machine'/'having no compensations' (p.s. as if...)/'super intelligent'/'consulting his super green book'/'single length'

I actually dislike him purely for what he does to the commentators. 

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

2 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

So who do you guys think takes the victory tomorrow? What’s your prediction on Tigs finish? 

I don’t really have a good feel on who who will make the last day run, but I see Tigs in the top 5, if he can at least have a average day on the greens. 

I don't think anything. And you don't "have a feel" for who will make a run? Really? I would hope not. As long as you don't say you "knew" that the result would eventuate, I'll be satisfied. ;-)

I would LIKE to see Tiger or Rory get up there, apart from that, golfers these days are pretty boring.

Now that Tiger and Rory are playing some amazing (though inconsistent) golf, you can really see that there has been a void in the excitement level without them. Tiger hitting it well from tee to green makes it worthwhile because you feel that at some point it will all come together. And that might be a British Open in his 50s.

My guess is that anyone who shoots between 68 and 72 is going backwards. Tiger might need 63 to finish in the top 5

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

8 minutes ago, Shorty said:

My guess is that anyone who shoots between 68 and 72 is going backwards. Tiger might need 63 to finish in the top 5

Don’t think so. I am prepared to make a big bet on the first sentence not going to be true. And a 63 will get him at T3 or better.

Go Tiger! Go!

3 minutes ago, MacDutch said:

Don’t think so. I am prepared to make a big bet on the first sentence not going to be true. And a 63 will get him at T3 or better.

Go Tiger! Go!

We'll see. 63 would probably get Tiger a top 3, yes, but if Rose shoots 66 he probably has a great chance of winning. I am trying to avoid statements where I claim to "have a feel for things" - but the winner will be very unlikely to shoot more than 68 tomorrow, I imagine.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

• Administrator

My prediction for the winning score is -17.

But it could easily be -20.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator
15 minutes ago, Zeph said:

Just like post #111! ;-)

Tiger birdies #1! And then cracks a 3W 326yds on #2 tee.....Tiger is just incredible. Really hope he keeps it going.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

If I was Tigers caddy I would pull a Tin cup and snap the driver over my knee and break it and make him hit the 3-wood. He hits it so well and pretty damn long. Driver goes every which direction.

If Tiger hits driver poorly..first time then I’d pull it. But Joe....yeah...no input...just carries the bag.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Three birdie chances after three holes, yielding one birdie. His ballstriking seems to be in good condition. Will have to watch for those tee shots during the day though.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Question - if your group falls behind because of a slow player (cough*jbholmes*cough), can you leave your group and just play ahead until you catch up with the group in front of you? Are you mandated to stay with your group?

I realize they're not behind, and are actually waiting, but if they had fallen behind....

Edited by colin007
Forgot something

Colin P.

Note: This thread is 2161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!