IGNORED

2018 British Open Championship at Carnoustie

Wally Fairway
Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

Tiger tied for 3rd!!! 5 birdies, 4 using driver, 1 with 3W. #What took so long?

Lots of people erroneously think being in the fairway is advantageous to being 80 yards closer in the rough, pros included.

Or it could just be that he wanted to make the cut first and now there's less to lose for being aggressive.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

3 minutes ago, Piz said:

Ivor Robson is a tough act to follow.  

New guy sounds almost like him. 

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

2 minutes ago, billchao said:

Lots of people erroneously think being in the fairway is advantageous to being 80 yards closer in the rough, pros included.

Or it could just be that he wanted to make the cut first and now there's less to lose for being aggressive.

That's fine if Tigers mindset is "I hope I just make the cut." I don't think that will ever be his mind set though. At least I hope not...

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

2 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

New guy sounds almost like him. 

It's reminiscent, but I still miss Robson's sing-songy lilt.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

They are making this look easy out there. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

2 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Tiger needs to get one at 14 and then try and par out. -6 may be 3 or 4 back by days end but it’ll at least put him in mix for “Trainwreck Sunday”.

Is there sny wind in the forecast later today? If not, I can see someone (or a few) getting to 10 or 11 under today

PING G400 Max 9*  Taylormade  M2 15*  Callaway Steelhead XR 19* & 22*   Callaway Apex CF-16 5-GW  Callaway MD3 54* & 58*  RIFE 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet 34"

1 minute ago, jmanbooyaa said:

They are making this look easy out there. 

Don't see the problem with that - it's not the US Open where par is sacred, just a good test of golf over four days. It's nice to see how hard the other days can be when there's one day where they rip it up a bit!

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

8 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

That's fine if Tigers mindset is "I hope I just make the cut." I don't think that will ever be his mind set though. At least I hope not...

I don't think so, either. I think he probably thought his strategy was good, but seeing how far back he is now he knows he has to take bigger risks to have a chance.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I hate when Spieth does this. Plays so ridiculously wild in the first two rounds and holes a few ridiculous shots, then gets his eye in and you can almost guarantee he'll be on top of the leaderboard tomorrow. Fair play to him, he does deal with the awful places he puts himself in really well.

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

Credit to him for playing a flawless (fearless?) round so far. Now get the horse in the barn...

Wind predicted to pick up a little bit at the end of today and switch more to SW as the system moves in that will be around tomorrow. So maybe Tiger will catch a break.

35 minutes ago, GrandStranded said:

He doesn't need the money so I don't think it ever will be.

Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!