IGNORED

Lexi Thompson Steps Away from the Game to Recharge

iacas

I wish her well, and don't want to speculate, and I should end this with a dry humor, but I'm depressed ... burned out ... on opiods and can't afford my heroin dealer ... hence the depression.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 hours ago, 1badbadger said:

This is a forum.  This is exactly what we do here...we debate (mostly) golf-related topics, share views and opinions, and question statements or information that doesn't quite add up. 

Yes, let's discuss golf, but take care not to speculate the whys of when a person decides NOW is the right time for personal time.  And that person does not owe us an explanation of the reason why.  Whether she did this before or after a major is her decision alone. I look forward to seeing her playing again.  We can discuss her choice of clubs, decisions to lay up a ht, choice of ball or even a play is worth a penalty or not, or note a change in mechanics.  We can, when I give a video of my shot, give our own opinions of why it is as awful as it is, or why it is a humorous as it is. That is debating golf.  When we get to speculate such a personal decision as time off, we may be heading into turning this into a personality gossip forum. 

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I saw her Insta post today. I won't speculate the reasons or what exactly she needs to work on anymore than what she has posted, but I will say I wish more people would or were able to afford to stop and take a break or some sort of sabbatical leave to re-assess, redirect, refocus, etc., instead of continuing to hobble through life.  

Wondrously said! Many countries, Germany for example, give every one the right to take one personal time off each year to help one recharge.

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

• Administrator
1 hour ago, DrMJG said:

Yes, let's discuss golf, but take care not to speculate the whys of when a person decides NOW is the right time for personal time.  And that person does not owe us an explanation of the reason why.  Whether she did this before or after a major is her decision alone.

Yeah, no. She’s a public figure and we can talk, offer opinions, and even mildly speculate on things like this. It doesn’t make us bad people, invade her privacy, etc.

She announced it publicly because it’s interesting to the public.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do you think it will ever come to light the reason she decided to take a month hiatus?

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

Do you think it will ever come to light the reason she decided to take a month hiatus?

Why are so many refusing to take her at her word?

Since you can't speak for others, why are you, @jmanbooyaa, refusing to take her at her word?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I am not sure she actually said anything. I was just curious if there was some underlying issue. I was just curious since she is a world wide star and really the face of American woman’s golf. Just seems odd to me. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

I am not sure she actually said anything.

She wrote a paragraph. It’s in the OP.

I will check it out. Thanks. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Sandy Divot said:

Could be a medical situation or procedure that she simply wants to keep private.

Or… just take her at her word.

Which is more likely?

@iacas why are so adament about her what she said? I read her Instagram message. I get she most likely needs a break but there could be more. You have to admit it sounds odd to drop out of major when they carry such weight towards a career. 

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

36 minutes ago, iacas said:

Or… just take her at her word.

Which is more likely?

I just find it odd to schedule a break that would miss a major. It may have happened in the past, but I really can't remember it happening, unless something else was to blame. Which I hope, that is not the case.

Edited by Sandy Divot
adding content

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, jmanbooyaa said:

@iacas why are so adament about her what she said? I read her Instagram message. I get she most likely needs a break but there could be more. You have to admit it sounds odd to drop out of major when they carry such weight towards a career. 

I don't feel that I am. Why are so many people looking to make more of it than what she said, without any evidence to support it?

The comments about her having a medical procedure or something done are just completely off base and ridiculous, IMO. They're public figures, and we can talk about what stresses or whatever they might be under, but speculating about things without a shred of support just, for me, feels well out of bounds.

It's one major. She's dropping out of ONE major, and the LPGA Tour has five now.

I think people are making too big a deal out of this.

I mean, the odds that there is ‘more’ to this story are fair, to good, based on the nature of celebrity in general, and pro sports specifically. Many pro athletes who ‘take time off’ have something fairly major going on behind the scenes.

However, there is absolutely NO evidence of anything other than what she said in this case, so the specific speculation is all grasping at straws, without any basis. 

Hopefully it is just a hiatus in order to reset herself. Best of luck to her!

On 7/29/2018 at 1:42 AM, iacas said:

Why are so many people looking to make more of it than what she said, without any evidence to support it?

I think people are making too big a deal out of this.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Lexi Thompson is taking a break, like any else in the world.  Why does anyone take a break?  Sometimes to recharge, sometimes to explore, sometimes to spend time with friends or family.

Some of the conclusions jumped straight to speculated reasons for the break on this thread are a bit weird, in my eyes...

• Upvote 1

Because she said ‘I need to work on myself’ which gives room for speculation. Because she took a break just during one of the five most important tournaments. Even if we take here word for it, there is room for speculation.

• Like 1