IGNORED

Best Place to buy 2nd hand golf clubs

Note: This thread is 2075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking into new irons and don't really want to buy them brand new if I can get them used or gently used for less than full value (trying to pinch those pennies and my set now is just falling apart.)  I know of Ebay and 2nd swing but are there any other sites like those to buy used or gently used clubs from?

Thomas

Driver: :tmade: M3 10*  3 Wood: :nike: Vapor Fly 12*  Hybrid: :tmade: P790 UDI 2 Iron  Irons: :titleist: 716 AP2 (4-PW)  Wedges: :vokey:  52*, 56*, 60* Putter: :tmade: TP Juno  Shoes: :nike: Lunar Command,  :adidas: 360 Traxion, :adidas: Tour Boost 360  Bag: :titleist: 2016 Lightweight Stand Bag

callawaygolfpreowned.com, taylormadegolfpreowned.comglobalgolf.com, rockbottomgolf.com are others that I know of/have ordered used clubs from previously. 

Callaway preowned has other brands other than Callaway, TaylorMade seems to just have TaylorMade. 

If I remember correctly, on a different thread you were interested in the P series from TaylorMade, there are some of the P series irons available on TaylorMade preowned for <$1000

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Informative 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have used globalgolf.com and have been happy with what I received. Basically all of the clubs in my bag except driver (used from ebay) and putter (new from golfmart) are from there. Irons and 3W were open box and basically brand new. Wedges, 3H and 5W were used in very good condition or better. You would need to get head covers/tools separately, which global golf also sells.

-Jimmy

:nike: VR_S Covert 2.0 Driver, 3W
:pxg: 0311 X (3), 0311 XF (4-6), 0311 (7-PW, 52/56/60)
:titleist: 2016 Scotty Cameron Newport Select Putter

"That tiger ain't go crazy; that tiger went tiger!" - Chris Rock

14 minutes ago, klineka said:

callawaygolfpreowned.com, taylormadegolfpreowned.comglobalgolf.com, rockbottomgolf.com are others that I know of/have ordered used clubs from previously. 

Callaway preowned has other brands other than Callaway, TaylorMade seems to just have TaylorMade. 

If I remember correctly, on a different thread you were interested in the P series from TaylorMade, there are some of the P series irons available on TaylorMade preowned for <$1000

I am interested in them!!  Hit them at Dicks a week or so ago and really liked them.  I think the 790's are a little too strong for me (I dont need the extra distance I already hit my 8 year old 7 iron 185-190 carry)  I'd love to try the 730's out but of course they don't have them.  But thank you!! this is exactly what I'm looking for

Thomas

Driver: :tmade: M3 10*  3 Wood: :nike: Vapor Fly 12*  Hybrid: :tmade: P790 UDI 2 Iron  Irons: :titleist: 716 AP2 (4-PW)  Wedges: :vokey:  52*, 56*, 60* Putter: :tmade: TP Juno  Shoes: :nike: Lunar Command,  :adidas: 360 Traxion, :adidas: Tour Boost 360  Bag: :titleist: 2016 Lightweight Stand Bag

I've bought last two iron sets from 2ndswing and 3W from EBay. Bought the wrong dexterity from 2ndswing and no problems returning. I got what was advertised from both 2ndswing and EBay.

• Like 1
  • Informative 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Can also try Second Hand Stores as a stretch. Most of their golf clubs are junk, but on a rare occasion a good buy can be found. 

Some golf club repair shops have used equipment. I know our local repair guy at my home course has sets for under $200. When traveling, I have noticed sets for sale at various golf courses. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

This site is pretty good too. It is a shop in Mass that also sold Jim Furyk his $39 putter that won the FedEx Cup.

https://www.3balls.com/

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I have a local independent dealer that is a registered dealer for most brands, but also does trade ins. I get a better deal from him than from the onlines or big box on my trades, but he doesn't gouge on retail either. Check out some independent dealers in your area.

Edited by dbuck

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

I've been using globalgolf.com for several years now. Never had a bad experience and their prices are cheap and their inventory is good, especially since I am a lefty. I've bought a few iron sets from them. My current irons are from Callaway preowned, and they are a very good place to buy used as well, especially anything made by Callaway. I never buy new anymore--everything in my bag came used from somewhere. 

Global golf or 3balls. Global golf bought 3balls but they do have different promos. Freeship99 always works. 

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I am a poor man who enjoys the rich man’s game of golf, and I’ve had a lot of success on eBay. I got a Titleist 913F 3 wood for $40 in nice condition and it works wonderfully for me. 

I’ve purchased several classic iron sets and have gotten some steals. I got a set of ‘89 Wilson Gooseneck irons in mint condition for <$100 shipping included. My current gamers are Wilson FG-17s I got 1-9+SW for $25 plus shipping. Nice condition. Grooves are still sharp enough I can spin the hell out of the ball. They were up for a month and I was the only person who even made the minimum bid.

So yeah, I’m a big fan of eBay right now.

Never was a fan of buying used, but opted for some "nearly new" or "excellent" (forget the classification) Cleveland wedges at Rock Bottom a few months ago since I'd already spent way more than I should have in new equipment this year already. They had very minimal wear, just a few marks, and were about half the cost of new. I'll definitely look at used again next time I buy clubs. 

In the bag:

Driver: :tmade: '07 Burner Draw 10.5 
3/4 Hybrid: :adams: Idea a205
Irons: :tmade: Burner Plus  

Note: This thread is 2075 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!