IGNORED

Phil Mickelson's Twitter Account

iacas
Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

It's all hilarious.

I used to not like Phil. Then I grew to like him. Then the U.S. Open happened and I went right back to where I was, and I'm still there… but this stuff is funny.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

25 minutes ago, iacas said:

It's all hilarious.

I used to not like Phil. Then I grew to like him. Then the U.S. Open happened and I went right back to where I was, and I'm still there… but this stuff is funny.

The guy cracks me up. The us open left  a Bitter taste in my mouth, but I’m over it. His tweets are hilarious as were his smack talk and his crazy dance commercial. 

Tropic Thunder.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

2 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

His tweets are hilarious

Are they really his tweets, though, or does he have a PR guy running his account for him? I can't help feeling like it's just another media outlet to sell his brand.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

1 minute ago, billchao said:

Are they really his tweets, though, or does he have a PR guy running his account for him? I can't help feeling like it's just another media outlet to sell his brand.

That could probably be said of most high level athletes or celebrities. The tweets and posts are a little “over the top” but are in line with his personality I think. So he may not be personally sending the tweet, but I would think he is pretty involved. 

Just now, HJJ003 said:

That could probably be said of most high level athletes or celebrities.

That's because most celebrities have media companies or personal assistants with social media skills operate their twitter accounts. It is absolutely a medium to sell their personal brand and in this day and age they'd be foolish to pass that opportunity up.

2 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

but are in line with his personality I think

Yea that's the idea, or at least they're in line with his public persona.

6 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

but I would think he is pretty involved. 

I wouldn't assume that, but that's just me. I would think if a person was going to be involved in their social media outlet, they'd probably just do it themselves.

I suppose you could argue that someone on his team could operate the account and that makes him "pretty involved" but I'm kind of veering on a wildly speculative tangent at this point.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

44 minutes ago, billchao said:

Totally a campaign - might as well be tweets from @McDonalds our @SouthWestAir.  Just look at the number of recent replies with clever videos and snarky comments.  I'd much prefer his own content. At least Ian Poulter does his own (so much so he'll fight with the public).

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

13 hours ago, iacas said:

I used to not like Phil. Then I grew to like him. Then the U.S. Open happened and I went right back to where I was, and I'm still there

13 hours ago, HJJ003 said:

The us open left  a Bitter taste in my mouth, but I’m over it.

Is this what you guys are talking about?

9 minutes ago, 3jacker said:

the US Open putt-swat

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Maybe the PR team does a save as draft and Mickelson then posts the draft, using account to build momentum from viral commercial to RC to PPV event.

Ghostwriter - Ghosttwitterer?

I noticed a couple of tweets that had mistakes. Hard to tell if inexperienced PR team or newbie Mickelson typo.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

43 minutes ago, RFKFREAK said:

Not the swat itself...but the lack of truth he expressed associated with the act. 

5 minutes ago, HJJ003 said:

Not the swat itself...but the lack of truth he expressed associated with the act. 

Ahh, I didn't see the interviews afterwards.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I haven’t looked at his twitter yet as I’m not on twitter myself but I do read from time to time, you can tell when an athletes twitter page is being actually run by the player or by his or her media team... example, look at Jordan Spieth, nearly everything posted is an advertisement.  Thats quite obviously being done by a media team.  But I think by saying “most” athletes... I feel like it might surprise a few of us how many athletes and celebrities don’t exactly have a “media team” running their twitter account.  I see a LOT of tour pros twitter pages directly responding to peoples tweets and so fourth, that is pretty obviously not a media team doing that.  These guys run their twitter accounts from their cell phones which they’re probably on as frequently as lawyers and CEO’s lol

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

• Administrator
6 hours ago, RFKFREAK said:

That and everything associated with it yes.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 2051 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!