IGNORED

Is there anyway to get ball out of hole without bending over?

buttputt40
Note: This thread is 2041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sure.  You can buy a ball picker-upper that fits in the hole in the end cap of your putter grip.  And I think there may be grips that accomplish the same thing.  I've seen the ball pickers in the gadget section at golf shops.  Or you could just chop the end off of a ball retriever and tote it along.

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Does it hurt even when doing the golfer pickup?

Nov11_WO_pickups.jpg

I've seen many players with the picker-upper on their putters. It's fine as long as you are careful not to damage the hole while using it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Might try some PT on your back. 

That said, I know a guy who uses a trash grabber. After he holesout, he grabs the ball with it. I have seen them at Harbor Freight for under $10. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Ask someone else.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

I've used this thing for many years. Much more versatile than a rubber cup thing.

https://www.hornegolf.com/Golf-Ball-Pick-Up-Halo-Halo.htm

It can be ordered with a clip that hangs the putter outside the bag. With the Halo, it can sometimes get caught up in the dividers at the bottom. As I know from experience, my halo is currently stuck in my bag at the bottom of the dividers.

I have a bad back myself and along with stretching and losing a few pounds non THC CBD oil has helped a lot! I have the oil that I take almost daily as well as the rub that I keep in my golf bag and apply before a round. It helps with inflammation. If you wanna check it out do your research, it's not a regulated industry so a lot of companies sell garbage and slap CBD on the label. The company I use is called Wildflower.

Reading the back of the rub it says useful for arthritis, sore muscles, joint and back pain.   

Icy Hot Patch

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

As a guy who had a very bad back a few years ago (herniated disk) which eliminated golf for me for an entire season, I do have a great deal of sympathy for others with bad backs, but these days whenever I see someone using the golf picker-upper suction cup thing that goes on the end of the grip, I basically think to myself all sorts of vile things I'd like to say to that person like, "eat a salad once in awhile" or "how %*C#ing lazy are you, you fat slob"! But being a decent sort, I keep those thoughts to myself. I mean, if your back is really that bad, how can you play golf?

That being said, when I was in college I had an extremely flat blade type putter that looked sort of like a 0-iron, if there was such a thing, that I became very adept at using to pluck the ball out of the cup using a sort of a twisting, scooping motion. When done correctly it would pop the ball up about 2-3 feet above the hole and I could reach down and catch it. Quite impressive when you saw it, actually.

Driver, 3W & 4 Hybrid: 2023 :titleist: TSR3 
Irons: 2020 :titleist: T300
Wedges: 2012 :callaway: XTour 56o & 2021 Jaws 60o

Putter: :odyssey: Marxman (Mallet) / :tmade: Juno (Blade) plus 7 or 8 others in a barrel in my basement

Except most people aren't very adept at it and can damage the hole. that same internal WTF you have for the picker uppers, I have for that guy who just dinged the edge of the hole because he couldn't get the ball out the first time... or the second time. 

Note: This thread is 2041 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!