IGNORED

NFL 2018-19

iacas
Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, iacas said:

The Pats D vs. KC's O?

Yea it probably won’t end too well for NE D there but to their credit they’ve been better lately. Mahomes did light them up for a forty burger on the road though. 

The weather is supposed to be pretty cold so that could play into the defenses’ favor. I guess that’s why the Vegas degens are betting the under. 

Eric Berry currently expected to play is an interesting wrinkle as well. He did a great job on Gronk in week one last year, but has only been active for three games over the last two seasons. I wonder if he’ll be effective at all. 

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 5:53 PM, JetFan1983 said:

Yea it probably won’t end too well for NE D there but to their credit they’ve been better lately. Mahomes did light them up for a forty burger on the road though. 

The weather is supposed to be pretty cold so that could play into the defenses’ favor. I guess that’s why the Vegas degens are betting the under. 

Eric Berry currently expected to play is an interesting wrinkle as well. He did a great job on Gronk in week one last year, but has only been active for three games over the last two seasons. I wonder if he’ll be effective at all. 

Never count out Tom Brady. We will never see a run like this again in the NFL. Go Pats!!!!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator
14 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

Never count out Tom Brady. We will never see a run like this again in the NFL. Go Pats!!!!

Or the refs. 🙂

The call in the Saints game was bad. About as bad as the two horrible calls in the Saints-Steelers game, and as bad as the call in the Steelers-Chargers game. And probably about as bad as calls in other games… but I don't watch other games.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Why do I feel like the Patriots have been sand bagging this year? How is it possibly the same team that lost those games to the Lions and Dolphins?

Also ... No doubt that was a terrible call at the end of the Saints-Rams game, but there were a lot of bad calls to go around. The fact that it happened at crunch time is what makes that big miss the one people will remember and Saints fans will always remember.  Never envy the official that blows a call like that.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, mcanadiens said:

Never envy the official that blows a call like that.

Nobody envies the official, but it's beyond time that the NFL has good, trained, full-time referees.

A lot of fans on Twitter were talking about how they're "done with the NFL" and stuff. They may not all stick to that, but if some do, that's a negative, and it's all from poor refereeing.

It damages the brand. I have certainly cared less about the NFL the last five to six years… it's become unwatchable.

• Like 2

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If they changed the rules to allow a challenge in a situation where the penalty was controversial, it would help the game

9 minutes ago, iacas said:

Nobody envies the official, but it's beyond time that the NFL has good, trained, full-time referees.

Dan Orlovsky said on ESPN today it was time to get rid of older out of shape referees.   The room got quiet.

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

12 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

If they changed the rules to allow a challenge in a situation where the penalty was controversial, it would help the game

Dan Orlovsky said on ESPN today it was time to get rid of older out of shape referees.   The room got quiet.

My brother says this every week!

There has been a proposal to the rules committee every year to allow all plays to be reviewed. You have the same number of challenges, 3, but a coach can challenge any play. The game is very fast and calls will get missed. But the Saints got absolutely robbed on this one. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

19 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

With its money, the NFL can surely recruit and train referees full-time and improve the quality of its league.

What's more scary is the shortage of officials in general and not just in football. High schools are scrambling to find people willing to do the job and put up with the abuse for what barely amounts to mileage and expenses in exchange. The younger don't seem to want anything to do with refereeing.

1 hour ago, Bo the Golfer said:

I obviously won't be rooting for the Pats, but when did I count out Tom Brady? I had the Pats winning 34-31 and I went against the Vegas degenerates in questioning the under :-D

Saints were totally robbed btw. It's pretty gross that NFL history can be determined by the terrible call of some no name guy in a striped shirt. All that hard work all year and it comes down to a garbage call at the end. So sickening. Oh well. Glad I'm not a Saints fan today. 

Constantine

The NFL needs to allow reviews of penalties or non-called issues ???

They can huddle to discuss calls, why not discuss non-calls? And/or review them?

The Chief's got hosed on the penalty for Roughing which was a hit to the helmet and was not.
That gave the Pats a free 1st down which should have been 4th and punt.

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

2 hours ago, iacas said:

A lot of fans on Twitter were talking about how they're "done with the NFL" and stuff. They may not all stick to that, but if some do, that's a negative, and it's all from poor refereeing.

It damages the brand. I have certainly cared less about the NFL the last five to six years… it's become unwatchable.

That non-call in the Saints game was one of the worst I've seen. Being a Pats fan I didn't really care who won but that was awful.

1 hour ago, JetFan1983 said:

I obviously won't be rooting for the Pats, but when did I count out Tom Brady? I had the Pats winning 34-31 and I went against the Vegas degenerates in questioning the under :-D

Saints were totally robbed btw. It's pretty gross that NFL history can be determined by the terrible call of some no name guy in a striped shirt. All that hard work all year and it comes down to a garbage call at the end. So sickening. Oh well. Glad I'm not a Saints fan today. 

My mistake. Just figured with your screen name that taking the Pats would be a no no. Nice pick!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

2 minutes ago, Bo the Golfer said:

My mistake. Just figured with your screen name that taking the Pats would be a no no. Nice pick!

Lol, you Pats fans are so cruel. Here I am, just a lowly, humble Jets fan, bruises and all, and you guys still want to come after me. Haven't I suffered enough? :-D

I'm pretty objective when evaluating players and games though. Not 100%, but always striving for it.

Yea, that Saints call was so gross. Wow.

NoFlag.gif

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Constantine

50 minutes ago, JetFan1983 said:

Lol, you Pats fans are so cruel. Here I am, just a lowly, humble Jets fan, bruises and all, and you guys still want to come after me. Haven't I suffered enough? :-D

I'm pretty objective when evaluating players and games though. Not 100%, but always striving for it.

Yea, that Saints call was so gross. Wow.

NoFlag.gif

I also believe a helmet to helmet shot like the example here should be a suspension like college.   If the players and owners are serious about brain trauma they should do something to help eliminate this.  

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

This. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

LA Rams are going to the Super Bowl.

perhaps, the next time I go to Angeles National, I’ll know a bit more about our team? 😂

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

The non-call was certainly awful, however, IMO it stands out solely because of it's timing within the game.  I don't believe anybody would be talking about it as "the worst call in history" (or thereabouts) if it happened in any other quarter, or even 5-6 minutes earlier in that quarter.  It would be mentioned, but mostly as an afterthought, and yet it could have potentially been just as game-changing.

That said, go Rams! 😉

10 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This. 

They bring up some interesting points. It was interesting to me that they claim Brady made two bad passes to Edelman and Gronk that went for an INT and would have been another INT had it not been for offsides. Both of those balls went straight through the receivers hands. Sure they weren't on the numbers, but I don't think that's accurate to sit there and state that those were two would have been "blatantly his fault". They hit the receivers in the hands. The INT in the end zone, yes. But not the other two IMO.

Also talking about lucky bounces, that happens all the time for every team. It happened for the Chiefs to end the first half when Mahommes fumbled it and was able to fall on it instead of giving the Patriots the ball at like the 20 yard line. It happened to the Chiefs in the second half when Mahommes launched a ball to the end zone into double coverage that should have been an INT that was dropped by a Patriots player (Chiefs went on to score a TD on that drive). Happened to the Patriots that Edelman didn't appear to have touched the punt and that call was overturned. 

It is so easy to look back on any sports game and play the "what if" game. What if Phil would have made his putt on 18 yesterday, what if Kyrie Irving would have missed the 3 pointer in game 7 in 2016 NBA Finals, etc. etc.  

Players get judged as individuals in team sports. That has always happened and is not going to change. Mahommes had a remarkable season, but he also had arguably a top 3 WR, RB and TE for most of the season, which no doubt made his job easier. Doesn't diminish what Mahommes did and the records he broke, but that's another example of how having teammates that can make great plays around you can help make you look better as an individual. Brady had teammates around him that made plays both in the running game and defensively in the first half which helped allow the Patriots to win,m which in turn made Brady get judged differently as an individual.

• Upvote 1

Driver: :callaway: Rogue Max ST LS
Woods:  :cobra: Darkspeed LS 3Wood/3Hybrid
Irons: :tmade: P770 (4-PW)
Wedges: :callaway: MD3 50   MD5 54 58 degree  
Putter: :odyssey:  White Hot RX #1
Ball: :srixon: Z Star XV

Another thought about NFL overtime games, it kinda sucks a great game is decided by a coin toss.

I would like to see each team have their offense a chance to score in a 3 minute time frame.
Let the coin toss determine who has the first opportunity.

If the score is still tied, play another 3 minute OT

If one team scores a TD and the other team can not, winner - winner chickin dinner...

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Note: This thread is 1863 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!