IGNORED

Breaking Tees

rustbelt
Note: This thread is 1935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Having a problem with breaking or hitting the tee so far that I can't see it, no matter what club I use in the Tee Box. What might be causing this? Hitting decent beginner distance depending on what clubs being used but I'll be darned if I don't snap the tee at ground level (no divots) or send it flying out into the blue yonder. I don't sky the ball nor hit the turf causing a divot; never tee up more than half a ball above the club when seated on the ground. Any thoughts?

IDK. I never really worried about breaking tees off, or knocking them out of the ground in front of me. Even when I was playing really well. In fact, I figured they were made to be broken. The club hits the ball before the tee anyways. 

I even look for broken, short tees when using an iron at the tee box. Why use a new longer tee, and stick it that much farther into the ground?

Actually my deal is, when playing for a score, I use those "Brush Tees" of various lengths. The don't break, easier to find after impact, ard are reusable for 10s of several tee swings. A lot of times with these brush tees, the tee stays put where I planted it. 

I use wooden tees when practicing. Sometime I break them. Either way I don't see much diffeence in ball flights. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Broken tees are a blessing...not a curse.  I carry a cheap plastic pencil sharpener, in my left front pocket, and use it to sharpen the leftover tent pegs I find on the tee ground.  They wear out after a while; but cost next to nothing and can even be used to sharpen pencils.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

In der bag:
Cleveland Hi-Bore driver, Maltby 5 wood, Maltby hybrid, Maltby irons and wedges (23 to 50) Vokey 59/07, Cleveland Niblick (LH-42), and a Maltby mallet putter.                                                                                                                                                 "When the going gets tough...it's tough to get going."

Over the last couple of years wooden tees have been getting flimsier and flimsier.  I used to buy them in bulk, but now I think they're making them out of balsa wood.  I've gone with plastic... a 25 pack will last all season.  Sorry wood, sorry cheap suppliers, but you brought it upon yourself.  Now I'm buying none of your product.  Low production costs aren't always the best path.

On 12/29/2018 at 4:05 PM, Patch said:

I even look for broken, short tees when using an iron at the tee box. Why use a new longer tee, and stick it that much farther into the ground?

This is the first thing I do when I go to a tee box. I think almost every iron tee shot I have hit, has been on someone's broken tee that I found on a tee box...haha

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

1 hour ago, AlDena said:

I buy 1-1/4 inch tees just for iron shots rather than use a broken tee I found. There could be goose poop or even worse on those broken tees.💩

I imagine it gets expensive replacing all those golf balls that roll along the ground too!

• Like 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I've always used wooden tees. I was getting tired of spending big bucks for a pack of 50-100 tees, so 2 years ago, I went online and bought a box of 5000 tees. They came in a big box separated into 10 bags of 500 tees each. I think I'm about ready to start my second bag. 500 tees every two years should last me another 18 years. Yep, I'm hoping I still can play golf then.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 9.5o - 3 wood: Callaway Mavrik 15o - 3 Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 18o - Irons: Callaway Mavrik 4-PW, AW, GW, SW - Putter: TaylorMade T.P.A. X - Ball: Callaway SuperSoft - GPS: Garmin S20 GPS watch - Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro

13 hours ago, David in FL said:

I imagine it gets expensive replacing all those golf balls that roll along the ground too!

A rolling ball gathers no moss, but certainly will gather goose poop!

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, boogielicious said:
13 hours ago, David in FL said:

A rolling ball gathers no moss, but certainly will gather goose poop!

Don't the geese have to sign a waiver to be on the golf course?  Can't the police give them a ticket for pooping on the course?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

2 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Don't the geese have to sign a waiver to be on the golf course?  Can't the police give them a ticket for pooping on the course?

They act like they own the place! I wish they would help find my ball sometimes too. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

On 12/30/2018 at 3:01 PM, Double Mocha Man said:

Over the last couple of years wooden tees have been getting flimsier and flimsier.  I used to buy them in bulk, but now I think they're making them out of balsa wood.  I've gone with plastic... a 25 pack will last all season.  Sorry wood, sorry cheap suppliers, but you brought it upon yourself.  Now I'm buying none of your product.  Low production costs aren't always the best path.

I think they’re simply running out of old growth hardwood trees...

On 12/30/2018 at 11:18 AM, Killa said:

That’s why they are sold in 100 per packs. 

Was going to post this...

That said, a tee usually lasts me a round unless I leave it in the ground or need to break it if I can’t find a stub for par 3 or  short doglegs.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Note: This thread is 1935 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!