IGNORED

Which 2019 Driver Are You Most Excited About?

Note: This thread is 1847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 hour ago, jamo said:

The Coba King F9 for sure. That thing looks awesome. 

I agree. It looks pretty awesome. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Still swinging my Titleist 915, time for an upgrade.

I am waiting for the taylormade to come out of February and I have a fitting scheduled just after to compar the new M5, TS, and Flash.

Excited, hope to gain 10 yards since my driver is out of date, but we shall see. 

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

On 1/11/2019 at 7:24 PM, saevel25 said:

I agree. It looks pretty awesome. 

It's the first driver in a long time I've been really excited about pre-release. 

• Like 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

• Administrator

The Cobra F9 is in second, with the Epic Flash in first and the PING 410 in third.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

12 hours ago, chilepepper said:

I’m excited for when the new drivers are discounted. Then I’ll get fit

Yeah, that's what I was waiting for when Callaway introduced the Epic. Except there weren't any year old drivers to be discounted! Every golf shop in the area sold out of them. That left the "used" market, and there weren't a whole lot of them there either! 

PING G410 and Epic Flash (mostly for the USF colors).

47583313_332390434016747_4425429869668597760_n.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Why does the Ping G410 say "plus" on the bottom?  It's just the standard head I believe.

Since I've been trying the latest drivers over the last couple weeks indoors, Cobra, Titleist and Taylormade.   Still throwing the G400 max into the mix.  The Cobra has been on top by a large margin.

The Callaway Flash pair hasn't showed up as of last week.   As soon as I see it I'll put it up against the Cobra.  I want to go into the spring with 2 or 3 drivers to demo at our big 3 day outdoor demo and see who comes out on top.

On 1/5/2019 at 9:42 AM, Dry Tortuga said:

Cobra King F9?

I'm looking forward to seeing this one in person.  The others (Callaway, Taylormade, Ping), I feel like i have seen previous iterations and hit them, but haven't taken a look at Cobra in a long time. But it seems like there are a whole lot of good options and competition for drivers.  

Matt          My Swing

:ping: G425 Max Driver

Sub 70 3 wood, 3 hybrid and 5-p 639CB

Edison wedges 51, 55, 59

Sub 70 004 Mallet

The Cobra F9, mainly because I've always liked their drivers/woods. I don't think any of the new drivers are going to be ground breaking enough compared to my M2 to spend that kind of money.

Cobra is less money, great shaft selection and Arrcos...which is a cool feature to play around with.

im hearing people say the Epic Flash sub zero is really no better than the original Epic sub zero.  Interesting but I want to hit the Flash Subzero myself and see.

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Typhoon92 said:

im hearing people say the Epic Flash sub zero is really no better than the original Epic sub zero.  Interesting but I want to hit the Flash Subzero myself and see.

I've heard the opposite.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

10 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Cobra is less money, great shaft selection and Arrcos...which is a cool feature to play around with.

I bought a Rogue sub zero late last year based off fitting results. BY FAR my favorite driver I have ever owned.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Hope to hit it tomorrow afternoon.  I like the sliding weight on the flash subzero...we'll see how it fares vs. The Cobra and I'll probably grab a rogue sz and if they have one an epic sz.

With the Epic Flash, I've heard there has been some small improvement on ball speed. I am curious on the off-center strikes.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

12 hours ago, Typhoon92 said:

Hope to hit it tomorrow afternoon.  I like the sliding weight on the flash subzero...we'll see how it fares vs. The Cobra and I'll probably grab a rogue sz and if they have one an epic sz.

What store do you go to? I didn't see the Cobra at Golf Galaxy.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

13 hours ago, boogielicious said:

What store do you go to? I didn't see the Cobra at Golf Galaxy.

Golf Galaxy in Reading had it, not sure about Burlington.

• Thumbs Up 1

Note: This thread is 1847 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!