IGNORED

Interesting/Controversial Business Names

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

43 minutes ago, Carl3 said:

I can't stop:

image.png.e143e53dd785694feca0ac99fd427c21.png

image.png.2a2025ab539fa549756dc3dff4abe7e8.png

image.png.961dc271800a5059848d7ff15ac044f6.png

Lol! Those are good.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

2011-07-08 17.24.11.jpg

This business has a ton of signs that are sexually suggestive. But it's just hot dogs.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, criley4way said:

My favorite place to get pancakes when I was a kid was Sambo’s. They had a big tiger mascot. It grew into a medium sized chain (1100 locations) and then was shut down due to the racist perceptions.

Turns out that the name was a combination of the two founders’ names Sam B and Newell Bohnett. They adopted the Sambo story from an Indian fable.

My very first “real” job was as a dishwasher at Sambo’s.  :-)

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

79A8187C-451D-4EFE-9DF8-43FFBF1AEEA0.jpeg

B330103A-8E32-483B-A881-29763DCF0032.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 2/16/2019 at 5:06 AM, dennyjones said:

Both of my kids were home for the holidays.  We ordered pizza from the newer pizza place close to us.     It's name is Guido's.  Both of my kids who are in their 30s were horrified and said that was a racist name for a pizza place.  I had never given it a thought.   I had to google it:

Guido /ˈɡwiːdoʊ/ is a North American slang term, often derogatory, for a working-class urban Italian American. The guido stereotype is multi-faceted. Originally, it was used as a demeaning term for Italian Americans in general.

Obviously they have never heard of Father Guido Sarduuci........😀

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

2 hours ago, Carl3 said:

Reminds me that I just saw this on the internet:

image.png.2851c6ea9c53ffb79034176972ec7435.png

LOL!

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:06 AM, dennyjones said:

Both of my kids were home for the holidays.  We ordered pizza from the newer pizza place close to us.     It's name is Guido's.  Both of my kids who are in their 30s were horrified and said that was a racist name for a pizza place.  I had never given it a thought.   I had to google it:

Guido /ˈɡwiːdoʊ/ is a North American slang term, often derogatory, for a working-class urban Italian American. The guido stereotype is multi-faceted. Originally, it was used as a demeaning term for Italian Americans in general.

that's like the story of Bigby Coffee, it started out as Beaner's Coffee. They changed the company name when the founders were informed that beaner is an ethnic slur towards Mexicans.

Players play, tough players win!

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 12:29 PM, Carl3 said:

Reminds me that I just saw this on the internet:

image.png.2851c6ea9c53ffb79034176972ec7435.png

I wish I could. I wish I could... (sigh) 

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

On 2/16/2019 at 8:10 PM, colin007 said:

How does this still exist?????

I have no clue. The food looked good though.

On 2/17/2019 at 7:55 AM, boogielicious said:

It comes from this. 

It is still used in a derogatory way often.

Note: This thread is 1891 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!