IGNORED

Why are there so many push cart haters?

Note: This thread is 2890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Do they require all your golf bags and shoes are the same color too?  I've never heard of a club requiring the rental of a push cart for conformity reasons.  I'd ask if I could pay the $6 and use my own cart anyway as most rental push carts are broken or very cheaply made.

Originally Posted by Jim Ludden

I love my Sun Mountain push cart and would use daily BUT my club doesn't allow personal carts so I end having to use one of theirs which isn't near as good. They say they want conformity at the club (translates to revenue $6). I walk 50/50 depending on whom I'm playing with. Much better exercise in steps. Avg walking is 12,000 steps as compared to 2,000 riding

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've seen clubs do this before.  They cite liability reasons, which makes no sense.  It's about money, or possibly discouraging the use of hand carts which people perceive as more appropriate for a muny-track.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Originally Posted by newtogolf

Do they require all your golf bags and shoes are the same color too?  I've never heard of a club requiring the rental of a push cart for conformity reasons.  I'd ask if I could pay the $6 and use my own cart anyway as most rental push carts are broken or very cheaply made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Ludden

I love my Sun Mountain push cart and would use daily BUT my club doesn't allow personal carts so I end having to use one of theirs which isn't near as good. They say they want conformity at the club (translates to revenue $6). I walk 50/50 depending on whom I'm playing with. Much better exercise in steps. Avg walking is 12,000 steps as compared to 2,000 riding

Not around here they aren't. They're included in the greens fees, a broken cart is rare, and it's quickly taken out of service. I could say this is on the list of ways our local courses "encourage walking" but I've already been scolded by riders for such thinking in the past.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Not around here they aren't. They're included in the greens fees, a broken cart is rare, and it's quickly taken out of service. I could say this is on the list of ways our local courses "encourage walking" but I've already been scolded by riders for such thinking in the past.

Don't be daunted--us walkers have to stand together, lest we be individually trampled by the stampede of golf carts.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Quote:
I'm going on 46 now. Always carried since I started (~11) - I'm not limping yet and the back's reasonable. Getting to the stage now where if I'm playing a 36-hole comp, both rounds on the one day, I'll seriously consider getting a push cart. Not got it yet though...

Consider yourself lucky.  I used to carry, but I won't be able to play much if I did.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Originally Posted by boogielicious

Consider yourself lucky.  I used to carry, but I won't be able to play much if I did.

as a 47 year old with no back left, I'd agree ...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Who runs the place, Judge Smails? Would love to see the club uniforms, you know, so you have conformity.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

I have never come accross and 'push cart haters'

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Originally Posted by Gresh24

I have never come accross and 'push cart haters'

The only push cart haters are the guys who use pull carts

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Have you ever seen a runaway push cart?  It is a riot!  I've seen two with a guy running after it.  The pull carts won't runaway, but can tip over if you don't pay attention.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

an incident happened last year in our flight a (just below championship flight) during our club championship. we had 2 guys playing for a playoff (3 holes, lowest strokes), and club championship rules state you can't ride cart if you are in the top 3 classes (Champ, A, B flights)...one guy was carrying, one was pushing. after the 2nd hole, the guy carrying said he couldn't continue since his back was 'getting to him' for carrying. keep in mind this is a 4 round tournament over a long weekend (1 round friday, 2 saturday and 1 sunday). makes me glad i push lol

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I think it is interesting how things have changed at my old home course in high school.  15 years ago it was pretty evenly split between walkers and riders.  25% walked while carrying, 25% walked while pulling, 50% rode.  Now you are lucky to find even 1 person out there walking.

A little off subject.  Sorry about that.

Originally Posted by WWBDD

Where do they put their drink?

In my hand.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

How much stuff do you guys carry that you're concerned about not having room or having too much weight?  Clubs, tees, balls, maybe a light rain jacket and a bottle of water?  Its not like you're going to ruin your back (unless of course you've already got back or other health issues).  I guess if you're carrying a 6 pack it could get heavy quick.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Originally Posted by dsc123

How much stuff do you guys carry that you're concerned about not having room or having too much weight?  Clubs, tees, balls, maybe a light rain jacket and a bottle of water?  Its not like you're going to ruin your back (unless of course you've already got back or other health issues).  I guess if you're carrying a 6 pack it could get heavy quick.

If you're carrying a 6 pack and it feels heavy, you're not drinking fast enough, clearly.

In My Bag:

Adams Super LS 9.5˚ driver, Aldila Phenom NL 65TX
Adams Super LS 15˚ fairway, Kusala black 72x
Adams Super LS 18˚ fairway, Aldila Rip'd NV 75TX
Adams Idea pro VST hybrid, 21˚, RIP Alpha 105x
Adams DHY 24˚, RIP Alpha 89x
5-PW Maltby TE irons, KBS C taper X, soft stepped once 130g
Mizuno T4, 54.9 KBS Wedge X
Mizuno R12 60.5, black nickel, KBS Wedge X
Odyssey Metal X #1 putter 
Bridgestone E5, Adidas samba bag, True Linkswear Stealth

Originally Posted by dsc123

All kinds of random crap ... because I can. Plus a holder for my sail umbrella, and a drink holder. Gotta pace my liquid sustenance.

I don't have the attachable stool though. If I'm going to get one of those, I'll get the motor, steering wheel and fibreglass body that goes with it.

In my bag ... 12 year old Balvenie DoubleWood

I love my push cart. I'm 34 and could care less what anyone thinks. I don't need to grab a wedge and putter so never a fear of forgetting one which I have done when riding. My back does not get any stress on it during a round. If it rains I can throw up an umbrella and still play without having to hold it. Beverage holder and can load up my bag with 14 clubs, balls, rain gear, fleece if it cold. Just fits my style of having what I need for whatever happens out there.

• Upvote 1

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I forgot about the umbrella holder.  Definitely the best way I've ever found to play golf in the rain.

Nike Vapor Speed driver 12* stock regular shaft
Nike Machspeed 4W 17*, 7W 21* stock stiff shafts
Ping i10 irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, LW AWT stiff flex
Titleist SC Kombi 35"; Srixon Z Star XV tour yellow

Clicgear 3.0; Sun Mountain Four 5

Note: This thread is 2890 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!