IGNORED

Paula Creamer wants a Women’s Masters at Augusta [SB Nation]

nevets88
Note: This thread is 3284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunther

It was the vulgar term you used that I referred to, which I feel is more offensive than a joke about girls in lingerie. Maybe I'm wrong.

But really, this is all OT and I shouldn't have responded in the 1st place.

Back on topic, I am fully in favor of the ladies playing there notwithstanding some of the valid reasons to oppose. I'd just enjoy seeing how they would try to conquer it because I think it would be representative of how I might do it if I ever got the opportunity. I understand it will never happen.

lol and you call me sanctimonious. Might want to rethink that one.

My one curse word being somehow worse than sexist behavior. Come on.

What gets me is that they can't even understand that it's inappropriate on an open forum with an eclectic membership.  I don't consider it appropriate any time, but then I quit that sort of behavior about the same time I graduated high school.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's the free market...if Wie and Creamer want to play golf in their lingerie then I'm sure they'll get the revenue and ratings they crave. That's about the only way you're going to get  most guys (including this one) to ever watch the LPGA.

I stopped following this thread after this "lingerie" thread.  I thought the thread was going to die of an unnatural death after the above.   I was surprised that it went 4 more pages. I am back on this thread to post the following link (and a highlight from the article).   Apparently, we - serious golfers - are not as male hormone driven as skydog and his "most guys."     65% of us watch LPGA regularly.   Skydog, you are in the  minority and don't speak for most of us serious golfers.

http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/11/the-lpga-has-got-serious-golfe.html

"LPGA viewership was up 4 percentage points from summer 2013, with 65 percent of survey participants saying they watch regularly (99 percent said they watch the PGA Tour). "

(I am still not in favor of LPGA playing at Augusta for the reasons I posted earlier)

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I stopped following this thread after this "lingerie" thread.  I thought the thread was going to die of an unnatural death after the above.   I was surprised that it went 4 more pages. I am back on this thread to post the following link (and a highlight from the article).   Apparently, we - serious golfers - are not as male hormone driven as skydog and his "most guys."     65% of us watch LPGA regularly.   Skydog, you are in the  minority and don't speak for most of us serious golfers.  [URL=http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/11/the-lpga-has-got-serious-golfe.html]http://www.golfdigest.com/blogs/the-loop/2014/11/the-lpga-has-got-serious-golfe.html[/URL] "LPGA viewership was up 4 percentage points from summer 2013, with 65 percent of survey participants saying they watch regularly (99 percent said they watch the PGA Tour). " (I am still not in favor of LPGA playing at Augusta for the reasons I posted earlier)

I think that can be directly attributed to Michelle Wie's success last year. It needs a charismatic, consistent winner like any male sport and she's got it in spades. Hope she can regain her form this year, struggling so far.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

I think only Pine Valley would be an equivalent get. And as much as Augusta ain't happening, that REALLY ain't happening.

There will never be a tournament at Pine Valley - PGA or LPGA.  No facilities, no spectator areas, no parking, no nothing.  Just the number one course in the world carved out of the forest.

Occam's razor

Actually it is That has to be just about the crudest and most sexist comment I've seen on this forum.  I'm a bit surprised that it made it past the mods.

Good grief, this seems like a bit of pc hyperbole. Apologies if my comment offended anyone- it was simply meant to make to make a point. I've simply never come across a group of guys that share the propensity to be offended as some of you.

• Upvote 2

You guys kind of suck.

I can understand some of the arguments against having a women's Masters at Augusta; many of the ones posted here have a lot of truth in them. But these kinds of posts are pretty shitty, especially when you revel in that kind of sexism. It isn't a good look; nobody thinks you're cool or edgy.

this is funny, "cool and edgy" - ugh this is a golf site correct? certainly not going for the cool and edgy thing!! i obviously erred here on the fact that we can have a little fun with what is obviously a joke...plus i happen to be a big fan of female golfers...hot ones in particular and if they chose to wear less and less clothes that is good by me!!! I do love that fact that everyone involved with female sports knows that sex sells but so many don't want to use it!

if i want to watch a bunch of people play a 6300 to 6500 yard course and hit the ball 250ish i can go to my club every day of the week and watch it there....there is a reason why female sports are not near as mainstream...oh never mind not worth the time to type.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Obviously the leadership at ANGC will not allow this to happen, as is their right. Also what should be as obvious is that you can't declare a 'A tradition like no other' (bleh) out of the blue- it has to grow into a tradition.

However, my personal viewpoint is that if it did happen, I would only watch it if the women played from the same tees, and the course was set up in the exact same manner as it is for the Masters. It has been discussed on this site elsewhere that par is only a relative marker, and has no real meaning to the final score. OK. So put the women out there and see how they do with the length and with the greens. This is not meant in any way as a comment to belittle their skills. I would be interested in seeing who is the best, and can handle to conditions of the MASTERS. If that is truly what they want, that is what they should be asking aspiring to do. Who is the best at that course on that weekend. Who knows, we might be surprised.

(I'm a hack golfer. I would love to see if I could get around that course in less than 150. GIR in +2, and 4 putts per green. A noble goal. )

Obviously the leadership at ANGC will not allow this to happen, as is their right. Also what should be as obvious is that you can't declare a 'A tradition like no other' (bleh) out of the blue- it has to grow into a tradition.

However, my personal viewpoint is that if it did happen, I would only watch it if the women played from the same tees, and the course was set up in the exact same manner as it is for the Masters. It has been discussed on this site elsewhere that par is only a relative marker, and has no real meaning to the final score. OK. So put the women out there and see how they do with the length and with the greens. This is not meant in any way as a comment to belittle their skills. I would be interested in seeing who is the best, and can handle to conditions of the MASTERS. If that is truly what they want, that is what they should be asking aspiring to do. Who is the best at that course on that weekend. Who knows, we might be surprised.

(I'm a hack golfer. I would love to see if I could get around that course in less than 150. GIR in +2, and 4 putts per green. A noble goal. )

i will take the under of 150 for a dollar!! i figure there is little to no OB and you are bound to 2 putt a couple of holes...LOL i give you 130 as a better number!

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Good grief, this seems like a bit of pc hyperbole. Apologies if my comment offended anyone- it was simply meant to make to make a point. I've simply never come across a group of guys that share the propensity to be offended as some of you.

How awful of us to get offended at discriminatory, sexist language. Truly shocking.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I read it as just a joke. Wether it was a good one or not I'll let others decide ;-)

~Jorrit

ANGC required all caddies to be black up until 1959, it wasn't until 1990 when the club had its first African-American members, 2012 was the first year for women members, Condoleezza Rice most notable. An exclusive private membership club may do whatever they please. No beans to the LPGA.

There will never be a tournament at Pine Valley - PGA or LPGA.  No facilities, no spectator areas, no parking, no nothing.  Just the number one course in the world carved out of the forest.

Let Donald Trump do it.

Make one of his courses (he's got many) exclusive to the event........

It can be a combo Miss LPGA Universe sort of thing.....

I have my favorite for the event.....

Not a favorite

Trump DC

Winner doesn't get a green jacket, but.........

Let Donald Trump do it.

Make one of his courses (he's got many) exclusive to the event........

It can be a combo Miss LPGA Universe sort of thing.....

I have my favorite for the event.....

Not a favorite

Trump DC

Winner doesn't get a green jacket, but.........

you pig!!!! this is genius, there are untold millions to be made! this would be the very first female golf tournament i would watch start to finish!

A tradition like no other!!

• Upvote 1

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

Paula Creamer would like to play an event at Augusta National. Seems like a simple and reasonable desire from a professional golfer. And yet it gets a comment or reaction or whatever the above is. Personally I'm glad my wife doesn't hang out around here. I'm pretty sure what her opinion might be.

Ross (aka cubdog)

Paula Creamer would like to play an event at Augusta National. Seems like a simple and reasonable desire from a professional golfer. And yet it gets a comment or reaction or whatever the above is. Personally I'm glad my wife doesn't hang out around here. I'm pretty sure what her opinion might be.

and i would love to see Paula in an event like the one above!  does your wife golf? LOL i kid kid...

3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

and i would love to see Paula in an event like the one above!  does your wife golf? LOL i kid kid...

I love it.

My wife would not be surprised at any of the comments on here.

I am proud to be an anti PC person.

I just wonder how the holier than thou PC crowd here behave in their regular foursomes.

If it is anything like my foursome everything discussed here is tame.

Back on topic.

IMHO there is no way Augusta will ever have a Womens' Masters.

I am actually surprised that they have women members.

Frankly I just loved their response when Martha Burke and her non sense organization tried to blackmail them into admitting women members by threatening the sponsors of the Masters. They merely removed all sponsors advertising from the following Masters telecast.

I am sorry that they actually capitulated and allowed women members a year later.

Should I be launching a human rights complaint because I will never be considered for admission at Augusta !!!!!!!!

Now the suggestion of holding a Masters type tournament at Donald's club is fantastic and the "green jacket" idea priceless.

I bet there would be a television audience for that.

• Upvote 1

I don't know, I have zero interest in women's golf. People who have no interest in women's golf most likely won't have any interest even if they were able to play August for a Women's Masters. In order for women's golf to grow it needs to make it's own stamp on the game, copying what the men's game does won't likely help.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I just wonder how the holier than thou PC crowd here behave in their regular foursomes.

If it is anything like my foursome everything discussed here is tame.

That's precisely the point ... THIS ISN'T your regular foursome.  This is a public forum.  Nobody is being "holier than thou," they're just pointing out tasteless and tacky comments.

I can promise you that I can be as tacky and crude as the best of them - in the proper venue.  But this ain't it.

• Upvote 3

Note: This thread is 3284 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!