IGNORED

Wooden tees

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been using those "brush tees" since they came out.  http://www.brusht.com/  Someone gave me some, I won some in a raffle, and bought a bunch more at a clearance sale. Still have several unopened packages in the garage somewhere. They were touted as having less resistance than other tees, which was supposed to give the golfer more distance. I never saw the extra distance. I don't know if they are any better than the wooden ones, but I know they last a very long time. They come in different lengths which is another good thing. Plus I don't have clean wooden tee paint off my clubs. 

Off course I can't use the excuse to go buy golf tees that much anymore. 

Edited by Patch
added something

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

anybody else go through these like they're going out of fashion, I use pro tees and have to use a new one on practically every hole 

I play at least 2 times a week and you may not believe this. I have maybe broke half dozen wooden tees since April. I can use the same tee for 18 holes most of the time. I do use broken tees on the par 3s. The ground has to be rock hard and dry for me to break a tee. I bought a bag of a 100 about 3 years ago and have barley made a dent in them.

Club Champ Low Drag Tee, 2-3/4", White

Plastic tee, indestructible. Walmart or online.

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

Some tee boxes are very hard. I take a second and find a soft spot, sometimes poke a couple of extra holes. Rarely break a tee.

I walk so when I push my cart off the front of the tee box, I usually find a couple of unbroken ones. My tee collection is growing. I'm also the guy who picks up a few broken tees every time.

The only tees that I have purchased was a single package of epoch plastic tees four years ago. They are durable and don't bend, while also having the same shape as a wooden tee so the ball actually stays on them (unlike those 3 pronged tees that I hate). I also end up picking up probably 10 tees a round or more to stuff in my bag as I walk the course, so I use a mix of those plastic tees and wooden tees that I find. The wooden tees do break, but I find that I usually can replace them faster than I can break them.

I play at least 2 times a week and you may not believe this. I have maybe broke half dozen wooden tees since April. I can use the same tee for 18 holes most of the time. I do use broken tees on the par 3s. The ground has to be rock hard and dry for me to break a tee. I bought a bag of a 100 about 3 years ago and have barley made a dent in them.

Thank you for someone finally using tees the right way.  Companies like "Brush" and others that can increase distance are simply duping the consumer.  I have only ever used Wooden tees, and will put 3 in my pocket to start the round.  If I end the round with less than four I know it hasn't rained in a while.  Tees are everywhere!  For anyone to actually go and buy tees is a travesty. If brush tees were that much greater, the pro's and best amateurs would be using them. I get that the brush tees last a long time but to me, good ol' trusty wood does more than the job!

Callaway Staffer. Golf Enthusiast. PGA lvl. 3 intern.   Lover of spoiling a good walk.
Driver:  Callaway 816 BB Alpha (Diamana Ki'lia 80 g    3W/5W: Callaway XR Pro  (Diamana Ki'lia 70g)
Irons: 3-PW Callaway Apex Pro (2 flat) Project X pxi     Wedges: 54  &  58 Callaway MD3

Instagram

I like the plastic tees better because I break the wooden tees probably every 3rd hole.  Funny thing happened a few weeks ago.  I played a course where the tee boxes were so hard I had to use my driver like a hammer to get the tee in the ground.  Too much clay in the soil.  I broke a wooden tee before I grabbed a plastic tee to pound in.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Our tee boxes tend to be hard as a rock so I'll often go through a tee for every drive.  If I'm not using a driver though I will usually just knock up a bit of turf.  I don't use a tee for irons and I rarely use one for my 3W.  When I do I just pick up a tee bit off the ground.

Brad

I hate plastic tees.  Probably a throwback to the days of wood clubs when plastic could beat up the finish....

I use very slim bamboo tees.  Unless the ground is so hard that I can't get them in, I generally don't break more than 1 or 2 each round.  If I'm breaking them, I usually find that I'm getting steep in my swing.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Tees of any kind seem to break much more easily today than they did years ago (in the persimmon era). It's likely due to the fact that they are much longer and thinner than tees back then. You need these tall tees today for the 460cc drivers. I'm sure the tee manufacturers are pretty happy for the larger driver heads.

I will break 3-4 tees with my driver for 18 holes (usually 14 drives).  If I am working on my driver at the range breaking 8-12 tees is not unusual.  I do use the 3 1/4" tees and have a 17.7 HCP so it is easy for me to crack a wooden tee.  I pick up the large bags of 3 1/4" wooden tees at big box stores when I see them and the cost is not an issue - I just need to remember to load up before a range session.

Sometimes I break tees almost every hole, sometimes I don't break a tee for days.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

I find that I break the long tees that are most common these days, but I almost never break the shorter ones. When I've played some of the "famous" courses in Scotland in Ireland, many will give you a little gift bag with a ball-mark tool, ball markers, and a few tees, and the tees are always the shorter ones, maybe 1-7/8 or 2-1/8.  When you only push the tip in the ground, its nearly impossible to break, they just pop up.  

At my home club, there's a big bowl of the bamboo tees on the counter, so I rarely buy tees.  I'll take a couple, and usually manage to pick up a half dozen more in 18 holes.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 3100 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!