cartertheraptor

What Brand Do You Play? (Irons, Wedges, Putter)

What brand do you play? (Irons,Wedges,Putter  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Irons

• Titleist
    • Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Other

48 posts / 3660 viewsLast Reply

Ping G400, Exotics CBX 3 wood, TaylorMade Burner hybrid, titleist tmb 3 iron

Srixon Z Forged 5-P, Edel 50, 55, 60. Cameron Newport

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!

Taylormade irons, Titleist and Taylormade wedges, Taylormade putter.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have had a mixed bag.  Adams golf irons and hybrids, ping putter, and Taylormade Drive and fairway wood.  Two days ago I was fitted for a new set of Cleveland Launcher HB irons. I cant't wait until they arrive!

Tour Edge HL3 iron-woods

Gigagolf irons

Gigagolf wedges

Tommy Armour putter

On 4/5/2019 at 12:03 PM, SPJr said:

I've had them just over two weeks.

I've been to the range twice and the course once.

I do like them, but I'm still working out the gapping. I'd like some warmer weather for a true test.

We haven't had much nice weather here in Michigan. Looking forward to this weekend.

Hope the weekend provided some nice weather up there. I look forward to hearing more about your experience with the OL clubs. What I've seen in my few months of working with them:

Gapping: I have found that GW, PW, 9, 8, 7 are about the same as my previous set and provide a nice 10 - 15yd gap from one club to the next. 6 and 5 I'm still trying to figure out. The range I hit at on a regular basis is poorly marked for distance (100 / 150 / 200 / 250 are clearly marked but nothing in between) and I'm usually there at night, so I haven't figured out my 5 and 6 distance as closely as I'd like yet.

I have found them to be REMARKABLY forgiving. I hit my 5 off the toe 3 times over the weekend. I was short left in the FW off the tee, short right on an approach, and short left on a par 3 2nd shot. All WELL in play and not grossly short. I've had similar experience with each of the clubs in the bag.

Lastly, the GW is my new favorite club. I don't pretend to be long and that GW is as close to exactly 100yds full swing as anything I've ever hit. With the LSW info on how to control <100yd distances with 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 swings I have it pretty well dialed in at 40 / 60 / 80 yds as well. I suck at golf so it's not perfect, but I feel completely confident and my results have been much better with that club than with anything else in my bag.

8 minutes ago, Chasing_Bogeys said:

Hope the weekend provided some nice weather up there. I look forward to hearing more about your experience with the OL clubs. What I've seen in my few months of working with them:

Gapping: I have found that GW, PW, 9, 8, 7 are about the same as my previous set and provide a nice 10 - 15yd gap from one club to the next. 6 and 5 I'm still trying to figure out. The range I hit at on a regular basis is poorly marked for distance (100 / 150 / 200 / 250 are clearly marked but nothing in between) and I'm usually there at night, so I haven't figured out my 5 and 6 distance as closely as I'd like yet.

I have found them to be REMARKABLY forgiving. I hit my 5 off the toe 3 times over the weekend. I was short left in the FW off the tee, short right on an approach, and short left on a par 3 2nd shot. All WELL in play and not grossly short. I've had similar experience with each of the clubs in the bag.

Lastly, the GW is my new favorite club. I don't pretend to be long and that GW is as close to exactly 100yds full swing as anything I've ever hit. With the LSW info on how to control <100yd distances with 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 swings I have it pretty well dialed in at 40 / 60 / 80 yds as well. I suck at golf so it's not perfect, but I feel completely confident and my results have been much better with that club than with anything else in my bag.

I would agree with what you said about the gapping with the 7 iron through Gap Wedge being pretty consistent with my previous set.

I have not hit the 5 and 6 iron well to this point. Strange because the "one-length" concept would indicate that I would hit them as well as I hit my other clubs.

I'm working on some things and hopeful to turn a corner soon.

All-in-all, I'm pretty happy so far.

Edited by SPJr

3 minutes ago, SPJr said:

I would agree with what you said about the gapping with the 7 iron through Gap Wedge being pretty consistent with my previous set.

I have not hit the 5 and 6 iron well to this point. Strange because the "one-length" concept would indicate that I would hit them as well as I hit my other clubs.

I'm working on some things and hopeful to turn a corner soon.

All-in-all, I'm pretty happy so far.

I am having EXACT trouble with 5 and 6. I have not done video comp between GW swing and 5I or 6I swing. I "think" that I am swinging 5 and 6 too hard creating swing issues. I'll be at the range (hopefully with video) a couple nights this week and will look at those.

Irons; Petron Tournament Model 431's forged blades 4- Gap (52').

Hogan 56/12 & 60/10 wedges 

Ping G LS 9.5' Driver

Ping G 13' Fairway 

Odyssey pro 7 putter

Ping Irons

Titleist Wedges 50 F12, 54 S10, 58 M08

Ping Anser 2 blade putter.  Love that thing.  

Mizuno ST180 Driver
Tour Edge 3 Fairway Wood
Cleveland Launcher HB 4-PW
50,56,60 Cleveland CBX wedges
64 Calloway Wedge
Odyssey 2 Ball Fang Putter or Odyssey Versa Blade Putter

The vote options are not that great.  Very few people have a set of 14 clubs with all of them the same brand.  I have a Taylor Made driver and irons.  A Cobra hybrid.  A Golden Bear lob wedge and a Spalding/Jessie Valentine Putter.

I have chosen Taylor Made because that is the majority of my clubs

Irons - Cleveland TT588

Wedges- Cleveland RTX

Putter- Fisher dual speed

Edited by NZ Golfer