IGNORED

Will Jordan Spieth Come Back?

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

5 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

I don’t know the stats but I’m not sure it was necessarily good golf. He certainly placed better than he has and he did much better on his last two weekend rounds than he has for quite some time. But damn....he’s not gonna keep going with his awful tee shots. I felt like he was constantly scrambling. Bunker, rough, bunker,  rough damn near every hole. He can’t rely on 30’ putts and chip ins or hole outs for eagles on par 4’s.

It seems like his swing is coming around since his little check with Butch Harmon.

He’s doing his OTT rehearsals and has piped drives on tough holes.

I think he is on his way back

• Upvote 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

He was 39th in Strokes Gained: OTT. 10th in SG: Approach, which is not good enough to win when you've holed out two approach shots during the week. He's on the right track, but he's not going to be "back" until he wins. I haven't been this encouraged by his play for a long time now.

All that said, it was a weak field. Outside of Berger, Cantlay, and maybe Paul Casey, there wasn't much firepower at the top of the leaderboard. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

And how about Lashley? Poor bastard 4 jacks #16 and cost him a bundle. That’s gotta hurt.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

46 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

And how about Lashley? Poor bastard 4 jacks #16 and cost him a bundle. That’s gotta hurt.

He channeled his inner Els for the putting and Sergio for the green damage.

• Funny 4

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

15 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He channeled his inner Els for the putting and Sergio for the green damage.

It was funny too...the announcers had just recently commented how despite him being in a high pressure spot he’s really keeping his cool.....lol.

Edited by Vinsk

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

1 hour ago, Vinsk said:

It was funny too...the announcers had just recently commented how despite him being in a high pressure spot he’s really keeping his cool.....lol.

I’d hate to see him when he loses it!😜

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 4 weeks later...

He has always been hit or miss with his driver, but watching him lately, his iron play is getting back into form and I think Jordan is going to grab a win a one of the bigger tournaments like this week at the Players or Augusta National.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

AUSTIN — On Monday, Ryan Lavner at GolfChannel.com reported that Jordan Spieth suffered a bone chip in his left hand in early 2018, likely sustained while weightliting, and that the injury plays a big part in explaining his shocking fall down the World Ranking through the rest of that year, culminating in a low point where he refused to touch his clubs for weeks at the end of 2020. His decision to play through pain rather than undergoing arthroscopic injury is one he now regrets, as it forced him to use a weaker grip and resist important swing changes pushed by his coach Cameron McCormick.

Hmmmmm.

• Like 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

8 minutes ago, iacas said:

Interesting. You buy it? I would think that a weaker grip would hurt more than a stronger grip. Too much pressure on the hand & wrist with a weaker grip.

• 2 weeks later...

Good to see Jordan in good form before he heads to Augusta and blows the doors off the place and wins by 12 strokes. Year of the SPIETH !!!!

:titleist:

9 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

Good to see Jordan in good form before he heads to Augusta and blows the doors off the place and wins by 12 strokes. Year of the SPIETH !!!!

I think I hear a Spieth fan in the room...

• Funny 1

Just now, Double Mocha Man said:

He’ll have a 12 stroke lead and then put 6 balls in the water on 12.

• Booooooooo 1

Scott

My Swing Thread

22 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

pga tour golf GIF by Travelers Championship

20 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He’ll have a 12 stroke lead and then put 6 balls in the water on 12.

spieth GIF by SB Nation

• Funny 1

:titleist:

35 minutes ago, ShawnSum said:

pga tour golf GIF by Travelers Championship

spieth GIF by SB Nation

I actually wish him well. He seems close. 12 has to give him nightmares though.

Scott

My Swing Thread

Pulling so hard for Jordan today. Watching back 9 at Valero yesterday was the most fun I've had watching golf in a while.

Vishal S.

It’d be great for Jordan to win prior to The Masters. But having a strong Sunday even if he doesn’t win will surely make his Master’s mindset even better. I’m pulling for ole ‘milk and cookies’ and hope he can keep the improvements going.

Note: This thread is 813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!