IGNORED

European Tour Trying Some Bold Changes

Vinsk
Note: This thread is 1778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-1.38.09-PM.jpg

From shorts to range finders, and plenty in between. Check out these bold and crazy changes at the European Tour...

Shorts

Range Finders 

Men vs Women head to head

A bit of an exhibition but could be interesting. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And this great (copying the linked tweet from the article) water hazard on hole 6:

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Players are allowed to stride around in shorts all week

Great! I never understood why this rule is still a thing. Especially considering the LPGA can play in skirts and shorts. If that's not sexist I don't know what is.

The Golf Sixes event is letting players use range finders

Great! This should be allowed everywhere all the time.

Enforcing a 30-second shot clock on the fourth hole

Interesting. Not sure if that's the way to go to speed up play, but at least they are trying something.

Playing its sixth hole over a swimming pool

A gimmick, but okay. Can't hurt to spice things up a bit for the spectators I guess.

Having men and women compete head-to-head.

Fine, but I don't think this is something they will do regularly. Men will always (possibly with some very rare exceptions) win. Maybe men and women could play the same course (possibly from different tees), but compete against their own gender.

Drone footage will be used for the first time to capture imagery of the event.

Right. Is this a big deal? They've used blimps for ages. Do the drones give off any disturbing noise or are they high enough up and large enough not to be a nuisance?

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

• Administrator

No to shorts. I’m with John G on that one.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

It used to be that we had to wait for late October for the silly season to start...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

9 hours ago, Shindig said:

And this great (copying the linked tweet from the article) water hazard on hole 6:

This is just tacky.

• Upvote 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

9 hours ago, Vinsk said:
Screen-Shot-2019-06-06-at-1.38.09-PM.jpg

From shorts to range finders, and plenty in between. Check out these bold and crazy changes at the European Tour...

Shorts

Range Finders 

Men vs Women head to head

A bit of an exhibition but could be interesting. 

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

26 minutes ago, Cantankerish said:

Didn’t Michelle wie play mostly men events when she was very young?

Prior to joining the LPGA full-time, she played many men's events.  Made the cut once or twice IIRC.  But once she joined the LPGA, she's focused on women's events -- this may or may not be because the LPGA membership need to secure permission to play another tour's events when an LPGA event is happening. 

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

On 6/10/2019 at 2:15 PM, cutchemist42 said:

Yes to shorts, dont know why the need for pants. Its 2019, clinging to tradition is so silly to me.

That's the whole point of traditions....otherwise they aren't.

My "no to shorts" would be because of my ugly legs; but, as I play in AZ and it is currently 102 at 10:15pm, the world may just have to avert their eyes!

:beer:

In My BELDIN Green Bay Packer 1999 SUPER BOWL CHAMPION bag :  :ping: G410 Plus Alta Red CB 55 sr,  GX-7  (acting as a 3 wood)  :ping: 4H, 5H. Sr Flex   :ping:  G400 6i Sr Flex, G-Max 7i. 9i Sr Flex , Glide 2.0  Wedges (50º, 56º, 60º)  :touredge:  Chipper  :ping: Putter: Cadence Mid-TR 350g:bridgestone:  e12 for the items I try to hit on purpose.  :footjoy: on my feet and hands, US Embassy-Singapore hat on my head (with PACKERS, Brewers or UW-Badgers hats as options).

On 6/7/2019 at 6:06 PM, iacas said:

No to shorts. I’m with John G on that one.

Eh, I don’t mind the shorts. 

my get up and go musta got up and went..

Note: This thread is 1778 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!