IGNORED

2019 British Open Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 1701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just now, boogielicious said:

JB Holmes was +16 today, yikes!

Well, sure, being forced to race through a course like that.

• Like 3

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well done Lowry - great round of golf.  To hold his nerve and shoot +1 in today's conditions is great stuff.

1 hour ago, ChrisP said:

One thing to love about Koepka is he isn’t afraid to speak his mind and call others out. You know he’s going to say something post-round.

He should keep his mouth shut and just play.  He's fast becoming golf's bad guy.  Quite a few would have been delighted to see him collapse after 4 holes today because of his attitude and comments.  

3 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

Well done Lowry - great round of golf.  To hold his nerve and shoot +1 in today's conditions is great stuff.

He should keep his mouth shut and just play.  He's fast becoming golf's bad guy.  Quite a few would have been delighted to see him collapse after 4 holes today because of his attitude and comments.  

He calls out those who deserve it. He speaks his mind. I’d rather him to do that than hold it in. Problem with golf is too many guys try and be fake. I’d rather someone be real than fake.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ChrisP said:

He calls out those who deserve it. He speaks his mind. I’d rather him to do that than hold it in. Problem with golf is too many guys try and be fake. I’d rather someone be real than fake.

You can be real without being an asshole.

1 minute ago, Jay28 said:

I don’t see it as him being an asshole. The guy has four majors and a hot girl. I’d trade places with him in a heartbeat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jay28 said:

Historically, golfers who are playing at the level Brooks is playing have been assholes. That said, Brooks isn’t one. Slow play is a cancer in the game and he’s right for calling attention to it. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dufferpauly said:

This is hard to watch without Tiger...dull dull dull euro trash types

What?   Good grief!  :doh:

A great day for Lowry and Ireland!

• Upvote 1

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Just heard Koepka’s presser. Took a little bit of a shot at JB and his slow play,but not over the top. Basically said he doesn’t get ready for his shot until it’s his turn. He should be getting ready while the other guy is hitting.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Just heard Koepka’s presser. Took a little bit of a shot at JB and his slow play,but not over the top. Basically said he doesn’t get ready for his shot until it’s his turn. He should be getting ready while the other guy is hitting.

Sheesh!  That's the case with 7/8 of all amateurs.  I have a friend from L.A. who won't even line up or execute a shot until you are looking at him.  He is not the Most Interesting Man in the World, but he is the Slowest Golfer in the World.

9 minutes ago, Double Mocha Man said:

Sheesh!  That's the case with 7/8 of all amateurs.  I have a friend from L.A. who won't even line up or execute a shot until you are looking at him.  He is not the Most Interesting Man in the World, but he is the Slowest Golfer in the World.

I wouldn't play with him.

Colin P.

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Opinions, opinions.

Others can have them, you know.  Not just you.

Of the golfers you listed - sure, debatable, especially for Rahm and Fowler imo.

Why people make comments like that as they’re posting their own comment/opinion is beyond me. No shit you get to have your own.

Most on my list have achieved more than Fleetwood and Lowry (before today).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Absolutely delighted for Lowry. Great day for the Irish. He comes from only a half hour away from me. 

3 hours ago, Dufferpauly said:

This is hard to watch without Tiger...dull dull dull euro trash types

What's with the pointless abuse? They are world class players playing on a great. The Open, and indeed golf, is bigger than any one man. I don't get this inane Tiger obsession, sorry.

3 hours ago, colin007 said:

Does he actually know what eurotrash is?

It was a telly programme on channel 4 here in the 90s. It was awful but good too. Look it up.

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Well technically NI isn’t Britain anymore. I think Ireland and NI are a lot closer now than they were in the past. Especially given the fact there aren’t many Irish golfers.

I don't think that's right. And technically NI has never been part of Britain. Britain = England, Scotland and Wales. The nation is the UK, the United Kingdom of GB and NI.

2 hours ago, Jay28 said:

Don't watch when the wind blows then as you are unlikely to see any Americans in contention to win.

Fowler is by far the best of the leading Americans in bad weather.

27 minutes ago, weekend hacker1 said:

Fowler is by far the best of the leading Americans in bad weather.

Nope, Fowler was +3 today, Finau level par, Koepka also +3, Reed was better, Justin Thomas also better.

Edited by MacDutch

3 hours ago, skydog said:

Question for those from Ireland or the UK...or frankly anyone from Europe with more context than me. 

Shouldn’t N Irish fans generally be more supportive of Brit players (Fleetwood, etc.) than Lowry? I’ve been a bit surprised this weekend by how overwhelming the crowd is in favor of Lowry. Granted, I’m sure there are plenty of Irish (Republic of Ireland) fans in attendance but just curious. 

The Golfing Union of Ireland encompasses all of Ireland. It existed before the border. You can only play golf for Ireland.

1 hour ago, leftybutnotPM said:

The Golfing Union of Ireland encompasses all of Ireland. It existed before the border. You can only play golf for Ireland.

The Golfing Union of Ireland is to Ireland (both north and south) as the USGA is to the US.

It existed "before the border" because it predates the 1916 uprising, the founding of the Republic of Ireland, and the partition of Ireland on 3rd May 1921, which, in this context, is meaningless anyway, because it's an amateur golf association for a geographical area, not a political jurisdiction.

Your post makes zero sense.

Note: This thread is 1701 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!