IGNORED

What if all of your clubs had to be from one Manufacturer?

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

If all of your clubs had to be from one manufacturer; which one would it be?  

57 members have voted

1. 1. If all of your clubs from the putter to the driver all had to be from the same manufacturer; which manufacturer would you choose?

• Adams Golf
    • Ben Hogan Golf
    • Bridgestone
    • Callaway (Odyssey)
    • Cleveland
    • Cobra
    • Dunlop
    • Fourteen
    • Honma
    • Mizuno
    • Nike
    • Ping
    • Powerbilt
    • PXG
    • Srixon
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Tour Edge
    • Wilson
    • XXIO

Many years ago, for a very brief time, I had a bag that was entirely Taylormade clubs. Driver, 3 wood, hybrid, irons, wedges and putter. 

Today I have a mixture, My driver, fairway woods, and hybrid are all Cobra. I have brand new Mizuno irons on the way. My wedges are all Titleist (Volkey). My putter is an Edel. 

Which manufacturer would you pick if you could only use clubs from one of them? 

Edited by ChetlovesMer

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

17 minutes ago, ChetlovesMer said:

Which manufacturer would you pick if you could only use clubs from one of them?

The one writing me the largest checks.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

I have said this in another topic but will state it again. My entire bag is made up of Callaway. Driver and 3w are Epic, 3H is a Big Bertha, 4, 5, and 6 are all Edge hybrids, along with 7, 8, and 9. My wedges are as follows 48, 52, 56, 60 are M4 Mack Daddy. My putter is a Versa 9. As of this coming Friday that all might change, as I have a full bag fitting and Club Champion. Wondering to see how far the push the aftermarket shafts verses the stock shafts in my whole set. I know I am not going to spend 8 or 10 thousand dollars on a fell bag of new clubs.

I voted Callaway but Titleist a very strong second. Drivers, wedges and putters from each brand suit me fine.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

Easy answer is, pretty much any manufacturer would do, but I chose Ping because both their driver and irons have worked well for me. I've also heard good things about their putters. So as long as their wedges and hybrids were even half way decent I'd have nothing to complain about other than my total lack of talent.

• Like 1

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Titleist.  For a long time it did.  I now  have a TM putter though.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Way back when, a few decades ago, I chose Tour Edge for a new set of clubs. They were replacing a set of custom built components. 

TE offered quality clubs, at very reasonable prices. Plus their service after the sale was 100%, solid gold. Just never had a reason to try any other brand. 

Now don't get me wrong. I think all the major brands have just as good quality as the next brand. 

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Honma because of the good resale value and to be able to afford them in the first place i'd have to be stinking rich..which would be nice :-P. Plus they make stunning clubs

Second choice would be Srixon, great irons.

Russ, from "sunny" Yorkshire = :-( 

In the bag: Driver: Ping G5 , Woods:Dunlop NZ9, 4 Hybrid: Tayormade Burner, 4-SW: Hippo Beast Bi-Metal , Wedges: Wilson 1200, Putter: Cleveland Smartsquare Blade, Ball: AD333

Forced to choose, I would pick Titleist. I've had nearly a full bag before and I like their woods. I like Edel wedges better and I'm playing Mizuno irons now, but Titleist irons are nice too. I'm sure Ping, Callaway, TM all could be good choices too.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

PING for me, the only club not a PING in my bag is my current putter, which is a Scotty Kombi (cut down belly putter), just put it back in my bag this season, but my secondary putter is a PING Anser Cadence.

Gus
---------------

Most likely for me would be Titleist.  Up until I got my new Calloway driver over the winter, I was all Titleist except for my Ping putter, and I'm sure I could find a Titleist putter that would work.  I'm pretty sure I could find an appropriate full bag from most of the other manufacturers as well

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I couldn't choose without trying the different clubs. I would maybe prioritize the brand with the irons that worked best.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

2 hours ago, Zeph said:

I couldn't choose without trying the different clubs. I would maybe prioritize the brand with the irons that worked best.

That's an interesting take. Focus on the irons and let the rest take care of itself.

My bag is an ever-changing combination of clubs. 

A mix I am forever tinkering with. 

Between the G410 Driver and the Glide 3.0 wedges, I'm sure I could find a set of irons (the blueprints look amazing) and a putter that would work for me.  The putter would be the hardest, as my custom Edel is fairly snazzy, but now that I have that I would know what to look for that would suit my eye.

Woods: Ping G15 10.5* Draw Driver;   Ping G Series 14.5* 3 Wood;  Callaway 2019 Apex 19* 3 Hybrid

Irons: Mizuno MP-33 4-PW

Wedges: Ping Glide 1.0 52* SS, Glide Stealth 2.0 56* ES, Hogan 60* SW

Edel E-1 Putter

Ping or Titleist, MAYBE Taylormade would be the only clubs I could see putting in across the bag, even though I've never owned a Ping club, and only one Titleist hybrid. I love Mizuno/Bridgestone/Srixon forged irons and wedges, just have no interest in their woods (not enough advertising hype?) and any putters they do make seem more like afterthoughts.

6 hours ago, JGus said:

PING for me, the only club not a PING in my bag is my current putter, which is a Scotty Kombi (cut down belly putter), just put it back in my bag this season, but my secondary putter is a PING Anser Cadence.

Just wanted to correct my first post after thinking for a minute.  🤔  I have Vokey wedges now, but cold convert to the Glide's if I had to play on brand.

Gus
---------------

Has got to be Srixon for me.  My putter and wedges are Cleveland and my Irons / Utility Iron are already Srixon.  Since both are owned by SRI Sports Limited I'm counting it...<_<.  So the only thing I'd have to replace would be my Callaway Driver and my Taylormade 3 wood.

Driver - Cleveland CG Black 265
Fairway Wood - Adams Tight Lies 16 Degrees
Hybrids - 18 and 20 Degrees Adams Pro
Irons - 4-PW Adams XTD
Wedges - 52 and 56 degree Cleavland CG16

Titleist. I have one Callaway in the bag that I really like, but I could replace it with a Titleist if need be.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Note: This thread is 1698 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!