97 posts / 24058 viewsLast Reply

On the Mark podcast interviews David Woods.

480x270_86465.jpg

Listen to On the Mark Golf Podcast episodes free, on demand. David Woods (Canada) is the Director of Golf at The Vintage Club in Indian Wells...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I’ve been working with the longer band over the past few weeks. Last week, my range opened up again and I got to hit some real balls. I have the pitching motion down for the most part, but when I go for longer swings, I can’t hit it right. When I try doing my typical swing with the longer band, it always crosses over under my club. I guess that means I’m too flippy. When I try to keep the band behind and have it hit on my forearm on the follow through, I usually end up hitting behind the ball and/or leaving the clubface way open at impact. It feels really weird, like I’m holding off the follow through to keep the band from crossing over. When the club hits the ground early, it almost always crosses over.

It’s frustrating, but I’ll keep working with it - definitely get a different feeling from it. I try to take it off and hit some without it after. Need to get the camera setup for the range too. Anyone else been using it and struggling through like me?

1 hour ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I’ve been working with the longer band over the past few weeks. Last week, my range opened up again and I got to hit some real balls. I have the pitching motion down for the most part, but when I go for longer swings, I can’t hit it right. When I try doing my typical swing with the longer band, it always crosses over under my club. I guess that means I’m too flippy. When I try to keep the band behind and have it hit on my forearm on the follow through, I usually end up hitting behind the ball and/or leaving the clubface way open at impact. It feels really weird, like I’m holding off the follow through to keep the band from crossing over. When the club hits the ground early, it almost always crosses over.

It’s frustrating, but I’ll keep working with it - definitely get a different feeling from it. I try to take it off and hit some without it after. Need to get the camera setup for the range too. Anyone else been using it and struggling through like me?

This was me with my Plane Mate:

0F3FF234-6D65-4029-B514-08A9E2025559.gif.9ea1169005d1daff1f085902bd3e0a11.gif

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This was me with my Plane Mate:

0F3FF234-6D65-4029-B514-08A9E2025559.gif.9ea1169005d1daff1f085902bd3e0a11.gif

Looks like it’s working. Can’t see you shanking the ball like that.

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Looks like it’s working. Can’t see you shanking the ball like that.

minions mic drop GIF

Was thinking about picking one up, but not sure if it can supplement what my Evolvr coach has me working on, or if I should just skip it altogether.