IGNORED

TourStriker PlaneMate

iacas
Note: This thread is 1068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On the Mark podcast interviews David Woods.

480x270_86465.jpg

Listen to On the Mark Golf Podcast episodes free, on demand. David Woods (Canada) is the Director of Golf at The Vintage Club in Indian Wells...

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I’ve been working with the longer band over the past few weeks. Last week, my range opened up again and I got to hit some real balls. I have the pitching motion down for the most part, but when I go for longer swings, I can’t hit it right. When I try doing my typical swing with the longer band, it always crosses over under my club. I guess that means I’m too flippy. When I try to keep the band behind and have it hit on my forearm on the follow through, I usually end up hitting behind the ball and/or leaving the clubface way open at impact. It feels really weird, like I’m holding off the follow through to keep the band from crossing over. When the club hits the ground early, it almost always crosses over.

It’s frustrating, but I’ll keep working with it - definitely get a different feeling from it. I try to take it off and hit some without it after. Need to get the camera setup for the range too. Anyone else been using it and struggling through like me?

1 hour ago, MyLeftStrokeJustWentViral said:

I’ve been working with the longer band over the past few weeks. Last week, my range opened up again and I got to hit some real balls. I have the pitching motion down for the most part, but when I go for longer swings, I can’t hit it right. When I try doing my typical swing with the longer band, it always crosses over under my club. I guess that means I’m too flippy. When I try to keep the band behind and have it hit on my forearm on the follow through, I usually end up hitting behind the ball and/or leaving the clubface way open at impact. It feels really weird, like I’m holding off the follow through to keep the band from crossing over. When the club hits the ground early, it almost always crosses over.

It’s frustrating, but I’ll keep working with it - definitely get a different feeling from it. I try to take it off and hit some without it after. Need to get the camera setup for the range too. Anyone else been using it and struggling through like me?

This was me with my Plane Mate:

0F3FF234-6D65-4029-B514-08A9E2025559.gif.9ea1169005d1daff1f085902bd3e0a11.gif

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

18 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

This was me with my Plane Mate:

0F3FF234-6D65-4029-B514-08A9E2025559.gif.9ea1169005d1daff1f085902bd3e0a11.gif

Looks like it’s working. Can’t see you shanking the ball like that.

• Like 2

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

2 hours ago, billchao said:

Looks like it’s working. Can’t see you shanking the ball like that.

minions mic drop GIF

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Used properly it’s pretty good for golf swings. But it may not be your priority piece.

• Thumbs Up 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 2 months later...

Will this work for a left-handed golfer?  

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

• Administrator

Yeah just flip it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• 3 weeks later...

The How’s My Hand Path podcast interviewed Chuck and he outlines how the Planemate took off. Interesting listening. Apparently there is a version 2.0 coming. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrator
tourstrikerlogo.jpg

Almost exactly 1 year after COVID gripped the world and saw major sporting events cancelled everywhere, we remember those we have lost and those who are struggling. We have a special sale… OUR LOWEST...

https://www.tourstriker.com/the-players-championship-planemate-sale/?ref=750

Few training aids provide the feel of a tour level swing. The PlaneMate is definitely an exception.  Created by Martin Chuck and David Woods, the PlaneMate promotes great structure throughout your entire swing.  

Great training aids don't come around everyday, so I love when I find one that actually helps me improve my swing. And it's even better when it's on sale!  

If you haven't tried the PlaneMate, click the link above to save over $30! It's on sale for the first time ever!

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, iacas said:
tourstrikerlogo.jpg

Almost exactly 1 year after COVID gripped the world and saw major sporting events cancelled...

Few training aids provide the feel of a tour level swing. The PlaneMate is definitely an exception.  Created by Martin Chuck and David Woods, the PlaneMate promotes great structure throughout your entire swing.  

Great training aids don't come around everyday, so I love when I find one that actually helps me improve my swing. And it's even better when it's on sale!  

If you haven't tried the PlaneMate, click the link above to save over $30! It's on sale for the first time ever!

I ordered one. Thought about getting one of these a while ago, then never got around to it. Thanks for sharing.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator
38 minutes ago, billchao said:

I ordered one. Thought about getting one of these a while ago, then never got around to it. Thanks for sharing.

Great. They're nice for a lot of things. Particularly down near the ball.

1 hour ago, iacas said:
tourstrikerlogo.jpg

Almost exactly 1 year after COVID gripped the world and saw major sporting events cancelled everywhere, we remember those we have lost and those who are struggling. We have a special...

I have to add that it matches very close to what my Evolvr instructor has had me work on for the last year. I use it as part of my practice at times as a refresher. Well worth it.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

I ran into the second "speed bump" in my off-season training, earlier this week: Takeaway. (First was unlearning "straight back, head up.")  Talked to one of my trainers. He suggested a PlaneMate might help me get it right. 

Unfortunately I bunged my right knee up in the meantime, and my "golf studio" (the living room) is a bit cluttered with our painter's dreck, so I won't find out for a few days.

• Administrator

Sale ends today!

• 2 months later...

I'm curious, the Planemate had a lot of buzz for about a year or year and a half. I haven't heard much for a while. Have people gotten what they wanted from this? Has the golf community moved on to something else?

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 1068 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!