IGNORED

Wildlife on the Golf Course

iacas

A fox strutting along:

2931D764-5EF7-45DB-B98E-AD5AC67DE15C.thumb.jpeg.377daf3f6b46503539bbf8ff06df20d3.jpeg

A hawk and its prey:

6189AC87-0221-4496-B7C2-3FBE05A36B2D.thumb.jpeg.4a3ca39c08bd9e240d83291619b05a75.jpeg

I also see plenty of deer, some coyotes and rattlesnakes (nearly stepped on a baby one exiting the green a few weeks ago)

And these 2, while not completely wild were quite entertaining:

F0D9ED0D-4124-40A3-8337-F849ACA4B770.thumb.jpeg.7fa1d8122bbbf9853bca3b9bb49ccfa4.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Upvote 1

Philippe

:callaway: Maverick Driver, 3W, 5W Big Bertha 
:mizuno: JPX 900 Forged 4-GW
:mizuno:  T7 55-09 and 60-10 forged wedges,
:odyssey: #7 putter (Slim 3.0 grip)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

On 10/3/2019 at 8:32 AM, klineka said:

This guy came right up to our cart in Myrtle Beach a couple years ago, gave him a couple nuts from my trail mix and he was happy.

Screenshot_20171202-130402.png

He was far nicer than the crows at Spyglass Hill! They had a phone at 9 tee, and a menu, you'd pick up your food at the turn and head to 10 tee. The crows have learned this! They are thieves, not beggars! 

On 10/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, Vinsk said:

And when those Sandhill Cranes fly and yell..tell me they’re not pterodactyls!

My buddy was studying biology at Youngstown State Univ. They had an in with a local pay to fish lake for limnology studies and whatever. One day, he had a young female freshman out in the boat with him when a great blue heron flew by and croaked a couple of times. Apparently, the girl had never seen, or heard, a great blue heron before, and asked what it was. That's when my buddy decided to have some fun!

He said, "Oh my God! you weren't supposed to see that! I can't say anything else!" The girl pressed him for an explanation, and he said, "They've discovered a remnant population of prehistoric pterodactyls in the headwaters of Evans Lake! They never used to come out this far, but now civilians are starting to see them. I think the population is growing, but I can't be sure. This is Federal stuff, and I'm not privy to the data! I could get in trouble for telling you this, so you can't tell anyone else about it!"

He had that poor girl convinced that she had seen a living dinosaur! 

3 hours ago, Double Mocha Man said:

He probably wanted to bite your kneecap.  Wildlife, in my front yard, are my friends... I talk to rabbits and am working on petting a deer.  A doe, not a buck.

Be careful, and don't rush it. Even a doe can swat you into the ground! 

Edited by Buckeyebowman

Grabbed a quick video of the deer right off the back of the 10th green today. There were a dozen of them all around, but these were the closest.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

4 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Be careful, and don't rush it. Even a doe can swat you into the ground! 

But I'm a deer whisperer.  I whisper, "Please don't hurt me..."

8 minutes ago, Buckeyebowman said:

Petting a deer is nothing compared to the girl who walked into the lion exhibit at the Bronx Zoo...

1 minute ago, Double Mocha Man said:

But I'm a deer whisperer.  I whisper, "Please don't hurt me..."

Haw! I go to a local place to hunt mushroom and ramps in the Spring. I've run into as many as 7 does at a time down in that creek bottom. It's close to town, and hiking trails and such, but I didn't know how comfortable these deer were with that. The first was about 30 foot away. The wind was with me, blowing from them to me, but she circled to get downwind. I figured that's when she'd spook, but nothing happened! I wanted to get rid of them so I could continue hunting without worry. 

When she got downwind and didn't react, I figured I'd talk to her. I thought the sound of my voice would freak her out, and get her and her entourage to leave! No reaction at all. Eventually, they went their way and I went mine.But you never know what can happen out there.

On 10/5/2019 at 11:50 PM, tehuti said:

The only birdies I saw that day.

5C167FE1-7D78-43ED-B2C6-900BE3443A39.jpeg

Alright, this is a test...

What are those?

FWIW, 70% will get this wrong...

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

8 hours ago, David in FL said:

Alright, this is a test...

What are those?

FWIW, 70% will get this wrong...

Canadian goose?

From the land of perpetual cloudiness.   I'm Denny

5 minutes ago, dennyjones said:

Canadian goose?

Congratulations.  You’re among the 70% who get it wrong.   :-D

• Like 1

In David's bag....

3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Canada Goose.

• :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

2 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Canada Goose.

Ding ding ding!  :beer:

• Like 1

In David's bag....