IGNORED

Bryson DeChambeau - Oy

ShawnSum

2 minutes ago, colin007 said:

Lol there's no understanding when it comes to me. If I said I think Bryson is a dick because he whines and pouts (as do Bubba and Speef, who I also dislike) someone could just as easily say that's just his passion and drive. That's just one thing. But again, it's not something that I care if anyone understands.

Okay colin007, I choose to not understand you.  And dislike you.  ☺️

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Double Mocha Man said:

It's always nice to know where that mindset is coming from... it can lead to understanding...

Sure, but the subconscious mind exists. Dislike doesn’t have to come from a rational easily explained place.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Just now, Grizvok said:

Sure, but the subconscious mind exists. Dislike doesn’t have to come from a rational easily explained place.

Surely you are right here, but when talking in a forum, points are expected to be explained or conceded, and he has done neither. @colin007 hasn't added anything to the conversation about Bryson's distance gains or bulk up other than "I didn't like him before and I don't like him now", or something of the like. Maybe he can start his own forum "bryson-haters-anonymous"

• Like 1
  • :titleist: 917 D2 9.5o EvenFlow blue shaft    :titleist: 917 F2 15o EvenFlow blue shaft    
  • :titleist: 818 H2 19o EvenFlow blue shaft 
  • :titleist: 712 AP2 4-PW
  • :vokey: 52/8o SM6 RAW    56/14o SM6 Chrome      60/4o SM6 Chrome
  • :ping: Anser Sigma G putter
  • :snell: MTB-Black Balls

7 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Surely you are right here, but when talking in a forum, points are expected to be explained or conceded, and he has done neither. @colin007 hasn't added anything to the conversation about Bryson's distance gains or bulk up other than "I didn't like him before and I don't like him now", or something of the like. Maybe he can start his own forum "bryson-haters-anonymous"

FWIW, I dislike BD as well. I find his slow play infuriating. He whines and pouts all the time like a 7th grader. His approach is pseudo-scientific, but he is not a scientist because his methods are impatient and without peer review. He will change his approach on a whim. Real science takes years and he has no patience for that.

I feel his power and weight gain are beyond curious and into the ‘suspect’ range. If an NFL player gained 40 pounds in three months, their would be similar concerns from me. Just the caloric intake alone would be staggering. The hours spent working out would be to the detriment of practicing golf. It’s just not as easy as BD makes it sound. Tiger and Rory spent years gaining strength and muscle mass and they are tiny compared to BD.

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator
7 hours ago, Bonvivant said:

Did your post here further the discussion of the topic? Glass houses.

Back to the topic please.

Scott, it hasn’t been three months. He was bigger at the Presidents Cup.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 hour ago, boogielicious said:

FWIW, I dislike BD as well. I find his slow play infuriating. He whines and pouts all the time like a 7th grader. His approach is pseudo-scientific, but he is not a scientist because his methods are impatient and without peer review. He will change his approach on a whim. Real science takes years and he has no patience for that.

I feel his power and weight gain are beyond curious and into the ‘suspect’ range. If an NFL player gained 40 pounds in three months, their would be similar concerns from me. Just the caloric intake alone would be staggering. The hours spent working out would be to the detriment of practicing golf. It’s just not as easy as BD makes it sound. Tiger and Rory spent years gaining strength and muscle mass and they are tiny compared to BD.

I agree with almost everything you said except the bit about patience.

He may not have patience for something to become a proven fact, but in his defense - he does not have time to wait years. His career is now.

Also, I don’t know how long his body will hold up. I watched the Cuomo episode with BD and his physio- they say his body will hold up. I’m not convinced- but I have recency bias with Tigers back. 

Did you see that episode? Do you think the physio is right and BD won’t get hurt because of this?

I know it's his own body, but it feels a bit irresponsible. I'm not a doctor but rapid changes of this magnitude disturb internal organ functionality. He is young so his system will probably adapt. But isn't it bit of a gamble? 

@MiuraMan, I absolutely don't buy you need bulk to counter swing speed. Look up Domenic Mazza who at 16 yrs old and skinny as rail drove 400+ in LD competitions. His body didn't fly off for lack of 'counter weight' to his clubhead speed, which I am certain was 130 mph plus.

Yeah, so for one BD's science seems flawed in the least. Nobody is denying what he is doing these days but he has become bit of a circus act, entertaining some but bewildering others with his means. 

For all his scientifically exacting ways I don't see how his margin of errors - accuracy in ball flight or putts is any better than a 'normal' top flight tour pro.

I haven't managed to garner hate or anything like that for him but it's all seems pretentious and unnecessary from my perspective.

Edited by GolfLug

Vishal S.

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

I know it's his own body, but it feels a bit irresponsible. I'm not a doctor but rapid changes of this magnitude disturb internal organ functionality. He is young so his system will probably adapt. But isn't it bit of a gamble?

Lol what? You're not a Doctor but then claim "rapid" changes of this "magnitude" disturb internal organs? Okayyyyy.

First of all, it's not been a rapid change, check the date I originally posted this, we are going on like 8 months or more now due to Corona. At first I'll admit what he originally claimed did sound silly, but then he was given a lot more time than originally planned and it's really not that big of a deal. The guy is lifting heavy shit and has increased his caloric intake a whole hell of a lot...pretty simple stuff.

I mean Brandel Chamblee even approves of what he's doing and Brandel is the #1 hater of all time on calling people out about undertaking big body transformations.

:titleist:

23 hours ago, MiuraMan said:

“Yeah, well, I got bored,” DeChambeau said on Thursday. “I love the game of golf, and I love the journey that it takes me on, and I want to keep pursuing different avenues to try to get better, be the best that I can possibly be, and I felt like this is one that I could accomplish.”

I remember Tiger saying something very similar years ago when he tooled with his swing, gained muscle mass, etc. I also remember a similar backlash from some fans and commentators.

Obviously, BDC does not have the talent, charisma, fan base, or winning record of Tiger, and never will. Even if he drives it 400 yards.

But I will say he's doing a decent job of making the news and increasing his value to certain brands. If nothing else, it's at least a good short-term marketing strategy.

4 hours ago, iacas said:

Scott, it hasn’t been three months. He was bigger at the Presidents Cup.

Right, he was 220 at the Presidents Cup in December. He’s 240 now.

gettyimages-1193007187.jpg?w=640

MELBOURNE, Australia – Bryson DeChambeau didn’t need his trusty compass or any scientific formula to...

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

7 hours ago, GolfLug said:

Kids his age drink a case of beer, sleep two hours, hit a water park where they eat hot dogs and nachos, blow up fireworks in their hands, and cap the event off with a bottle of Tequila.

BDC increased his caloric intake and hit the gym. He’ll be fine.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

25 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

Kids his age drink a case of beer, sleep two hours, hit a water park where they eat hot dogs and nachos, blow up fireworks in their hands, and cap the event off with a bottle of Tequila.

BDC increased his caloric intake and hit the gym. He’ll be fine.

Welp, not sure if them kids put on 40 pounds in a hurry but your word is heavier than mine in this realm. 

Vishal S.

48 minutes ago, Vinsk said:

... and you don't even have to be a kid to have all that fun!

10 hours ago, boogielicious said:

Tiger and Rory spent years gaining strength and muscle mass and they are tiny compared to BD.

It’s not the same thing. Tiger and Rory put on lean muscle mass. Bryson moved up several weight classes.

The goals are different. It’s much easier to put on muscle and fat than it is to put on lean muscle alone.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

• Administrator

Off topic meta commentary BS deleted.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

52 minutes ago, iacas said:

For reference, Cameron Champ led the tour with an average 190.7 mph ball speed last year. Bryson averaged 175.4 mph.

• Informative 1

Bill

My Swing Thread